UConn Recruit speculation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruit speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
O'Neal still lists LSU as a possibility. Kim may be more interested in her than LSU fans who want that 1,2,3 so much.
Especially if Kim can’t get Sarah, Joyce or Jaloni, I would think she wouldn’t mind picking up at least one more player in the class of 2024. At this point I lean more toward Sarah to UConn, Joyce to SC, and Jaloni to LSU or Ohio State… so Kim might need a backup plan in O’Neal

Reaction Score
I found this weird and desperate as heck. I just never really considered LSU a contender for Joyce Edwards, so for LSU to ramp up their recruiting efforts so late in the game seems a little odd.
Not "odd" .. if LSU came to the determination that another 6' 2" .. another "Strong Forward" was not
coming to the Tigers. No???

Reaction Score
I'm no admin, but even I can see that this thread has veered even from its already wide mandate. Let's veer back toward UConn speculation please.
The speculation on Edwards directly affects the speculation on Strong... that is the point. As does the speculation on who LSU might have picked up as a recruit, because it might be Strong or it might be O'Neal. All these things are interconnected.

Reaction Score
I'm no admin, but even I can see that this thread has veered even from its already wide mandate. Let's veer back toward UConn speculation please.
The whole Joyce/LSU discussion was loosely tied to Sarah Strong potentially committing to UConn. But yes, let’s try to stick to UConn recruit speculation! Glad we have this thread now (it has been great getting to speculate/discuss without getting our posts deleted though)

Reaction Score
There was a tweet from Dawn that referenced shady behavior on the part of an unnamed source. I’m guessing she’s not very happy with the whole situation! While apparently completely within the rules, recruiting has become more than just getting them to commit, now you must keep recruiting them right up to (and perhaps past) the moment they actually sign their letter, as others may be continuing to recruit/tempt them with NIL deals etc. It must be brutal out there! This, of course is why having a reputation like UConn’s that speaks to so many positives such as draft history, championships, and widespread respect can help to block those kinds of actions.

Reaction Score
Any Arianna speculation? who's your strongest competition?

Any rumors?
Rumors on Twitter are that she committed at first night and given how many UConn players she started following right after and that started following her plus the tiktok she just posted with Allie, I am inclinded to believe it.

I feel like the biggest competition before the visit was Oregon, personally, but feel pretty good about her at the moment.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Since this is for recruiting speculation related to UConn:

Once upon a time UConn/Auriemma was the major target for negative recruiting, particularly from the likes of Frese and Summitt.

It does not feel like we have that target on our backs as much now. Mulkey and Staley both have been complimentary to our program. It seems like these two accomplished coaches, now in the same conference, may have each other as primary targets instead.

A smile crosses my face as I type that.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was a tweet from Dawn that referenced shady behavior on the part of an unnamed source. I’m guessing she’s not very happy with the whole situation! While apparently completely within the rules, recruiting has become more than just getting them to commit, now you must keep recruiting them right up to (and perhaps past) the moment they actually sign their letter, as others may be continuing to recruit/tempt them with NIL deals etc. It must be brutal out there! This, of course is why having a reputation like UConn’s that speaks to so many positives such as draft history, championships, and widespread respect can help to block those kinds of actions.
Pat Summit was a notorious player thieve, but she was too much a force in the SEC so coaches swallowed her behavior.

Reaction Score
When you compete with LSU for athletes in any sport you have to be aware of the huge NIL money that they get for their players. I think that will be effective in the short run, but athletes that are looking for more than a college career will eventually see the big money up front isn't necessarily going to get them to where they want to get. In the end only five can play at a time so it will be interesting to watch play out.

Reaction Score
Almost forgot KK and Strong played together in the 3x3 fiba basketball tournament. So maybe they talked about playing with each other. Who knows what these teenagers think.
Let's go huskies be STRONG on getting ROBERSON too

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Pat Summit was a notorious player thieve, but she was too much a force in the SEC so coaches swallowed her behavior.
All’s fair in love and war, and recruiting. I seem to recall that Maya appeared to be headed to Knoxville until she abruptly announced her decision to play for Geno.

Reaction Score
I'm big on her becoming a Husky. IMO she could be a future difference maker. I think she could be the sleeper of the class of 2024.
Arianna may be a " sleeper" in the (possible) UCONN 2024 but when she comes (not "if" IMO) she
will contribute to the "nightmare" that UCONN will be for our opponents... for years to come! Go Huskies! # 12, # 13, etc.!!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Arianna may be a " sleeper" in the (possible) UCONN 2024 but when she comes (not "if" IMO) she
will contribute to the "nightmare" that UCONN will be for our opponents... for years to come! Go Huskies! # 12, # 13, etc.!!!!!
As good as Strong is, and she is very good, I actually think that Arianna has a greater upside.

Reaction Score
Strong and Ariana did a few different visits together. I'm curious if they are looking to attend school together as well.
I hope so! Getting them to both commit would be ideal. But it’s a good sign that Arianna has a good relationship with Morgan Cheli and Sarah seemingly has a good relationship with Arianna. I think we saw from their Tik Tok video that they all got along really well. Only time will tell…

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
All’s fair in love and war, and recruiting. I seem to recall that Maya appeared to be headed to Knoxville until she abruptly announced her decision to play for Geno.
Thank you. I had never heard that info before. Also, I recall reading about Amari when she was a senior in high school as having the kind of talent you just stated that Roberson has. And yes, along with so many other on the BY, I hope Strong and Roberson commit to UConn.

Reaction Score
That would be fantastic for UCONN to have two great posts at the same time!
Only two? I’m speculating that any of these players have the height to play in the post: Arianna, Jana, Amari, Gandy, and I am hoping we can add the Big “O” to the team. Ice and Sarah could be inserted in a pinch but I see them more as forwards.

Wait! Does this mean we need smalls?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Only two? I’m speculating that any of these players have the height to play in the post: Arianna, Jana, Amari, Gandy, and I am hoping we can add the Big “O” to the team. Ice and Sarah could be inserted in a pinch but I see them more as forwards.

Wait! Does this mean we need smalls?
How small? Who do you have in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member