UConn Recruit speculation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruit speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other rumors circulating that Strong may wait until spring to decide. Makes me think UNC might be the landing place.

Reaction Score
Other rumors circulating that Strong may wait until spring to decide. Makes me think UNC might be the landing place.

Someone on LSU board said that there are some strong rumors that UNC could be the landing spot.

Hopefully we won't have to wait until Spring to get an answer.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
thinking don't matter. just upsets you.

simply wait. see what happens. you'll be excited or disappointed. what you think now won't change that.

just chill, is my advice.

... dang social media. plagues mucho peoples. can be a curse. trolls and rumors etc

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
All’s fair in love and war, and recruiting. I seem to recall that Maya appeared to be headed to Knoxville until she abruptly announced her decision to play for Geno.
The UT - UConn battle started with Shea. I believe her mom had played with Pat and Pat was after her real bad There was some talk that she would stay home and go to UNC. Then she visited UConn and knew that was the spot for her.

Reaction Score
It seems to me like no one knows for sure, so I don’t think we can take any rumors too seriously. Did the UNC board give any reason as to why they thought Sarah had chose UConn?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe if she waits until Spring she won't be committing to UConn. It would be tough to lose two coveted front court players to North Carolina. One last season and one this season.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It sounds like she’s doing some shady business by waiting for Dawn to leave. We all know that Joyce is South Carolinas. For LSU to double down on her so late, also while Dawn is gone isn’t cool.

And how is Edwards "South Carolina's"? Edwards is free to listen to anyone and Mulkey doesn't need Staley's permission to recruit anyone who hasn't signed a LOI.

Reaction Score
As good as Strong is, and she is very good, I actually think that Arianna has a greater upside.
Totally agree. Maybe even more of a now side. She is smooth, a shotblocker, and adept shooter. She seems really smart in both a basketball way and in a real life way. I feel she is a big, underated catch. Morgan is too.

Reaction Score
I go on the UNC board, and I can tell you they are 0 insiders over there. They come on the Boneyard, and X to get info. So I wouldn't put much stock into what anyone has to say regarding a particular recruit

Reaction Score
And how is Edwards "South Carolina's"? Edwards is free to listen to anyone and Mulkey doesn't need Staley's permission to recruit anyone who hasn't signed a LOI.
Yeah. Her family is very close to our program/school but , if she was all wrapped up, she would have committed long ago. I do think we’ve always had a sentimental edge but this is as serious as business.

I look on Stanford as the logical choice for her. But, if LSU really is offering a half million, the logic changes.
I go on the UNC board, and I can tell you they are 0 insiders over there. They come on the Boneyard, and X to get info. So I wouldn't put much stock into what anyone has to say regarding a particular recruit
I don’t believe in “insiders” . Some observers may have better positioning than others, but I don’t think good (like Geno, Kim or Dawn) coaches allow anybody close to their programs to leak very much of value.

Who had any insider knowledge about Qadence or Sahnya Jah before they committed last year? They were unknown to our fanbases and pundits.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah. Her family is very close to our program/school but , if she was all wrapped up, she would have committed long ago. I do think we’ve always had a sentimental edge but this is as serious as business.

I look on Stanford as the logical choice for her. But, if LSU really is offering a half million, the logic changes.

I don’t believe in “insiders” . Some observers may have better positioning than others, but I don’t think good (like Geno, Kim or Dawn) coaches allow anybody close to their programs to leak very much of value.

Who had any insider knowledge about Qadence or Sahnya Jah before they committed last year? They were unknown to our fanbases and pundits.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
I've lived in South Carolina for 30 years. And it is a different culture than what I experienced growing up in Connecticut. There is a much greater sense of being a South Carolinian than there is a resident of Connecticut. (The epitaph 'Little Carolina' stings deeply.)The draw to the state school is almost palpable. It is very difficult for any teenage athlete to turn away from the State School. In some cases it is viewed as almost traitorous. It would be very difficult for any teenager to disappoint extended family and friends.

Reaction Score

Insiders typically have relationships in the players side. So parents AAU/high school coaches etc. at least in my experience.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've lived in South Carolina for 30 years. And it is a different culture than what I experienced growing up in Connecticut. There is a much greater sense of being a South Carolinian than there is a resident of Connecticut. (The epitaph 'Little Carolina' stings deeply.)The draw to the state school is almost palpable. It is very difficult for any teenage athlete to turn away from the State School. In some cases it is viewed as almost traitorous. It would be very difficult for any teenager to disappoint extended family and friends.

Well they are Little Carolina. They need to suck it up and deal with it. I would say more, but i don't want to get banned before the season starts. :oops:

Reaction Score
Well they are Little Carolina. They need to suck it up and deal with it. I would say more, but i don't want to get banned before the season starts. :oops:
Speaking of “sucking it up”, you must love you some powder blue “ Big” Carolina.

BTW, how does the daughter of an NC State basketball player let his daughter even think about playing for Un Carolina?

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Speaking of “sucking it up”, you must love you some powder blue “ Big” Carolina.

BTW, how does the daughter of an NC State basketball player let his daughter even think about playing for Un Carolina?
And @visitingcock rides to the defense!. I knew you were coming. ;)

Reaction Score
Hope AR and Strong don't be another Cooper Flagg and Pat N. Losing 2 front court players will be a big deal going into next year

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

20230928_121806.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol...If those factors were reasons, she would be going to Duke.

I said on here in August of 2022.. If she wanted a combination of her parents Alma Maters the only choice would be Duke. So obviously she wants something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom