UConn Recruit speculation | The Boneyard

UConn Recruit speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This thread is for discussion of UConn recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions, new players of interest, and much more!

A note from HuskyNan - the monthly recruiting thread is to learn about current players of interest and recruits, see videos about them, and discuss their skills. As is typical of the Boneyard, threads would drift to discussion on the current roster, discussion of other teams, and, often, lots of posts where people express their feelings and hopes for who to get, etc.

The monthly recruiting thread is to present facts, this thread is for the thread drifts that predictably occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This thread is for discussion of UConn recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions, new players of interest, and much more!
Thank you for this. In the previous thread you said there were rumors that Strong committed to LSU... i haven't been able to find those anywhere myself but interested to know more.

Reaction Score
Thank you for this. In the previous thread you said there were rumors that Strong committed to LSU... i haven't been able to find those anywhere myself but interested to know more.
I believe I was referring to the post made by @connboy77 that said: “I've been up and down about our chances to get Sarah. Just when I think we are definitely getting her, a rumor says that she signed with LSU ! I don't believe it. I now think that both Sarah and Ari will make Geno and UCONN Fans very happy November 8TH.”

So I was actually wondering what rumor he had heard that she had signed with LSU!

Reaction Score
It looks like LSU visited Joyce Edwards two nights ago and went to her volleyball game. To me this is encouraging for us because her and Sarah are the same position and height. I doubt they would go to the same school and I can’t see LSU doubling down on edwards a week before signing unless they know that they know that they won’t get Sarah.

Attachments

• 50C628C7-C600-47A4-BE6A-CE855C41C188.jpeg
    50C628C7-C600-47A4-BE6A-CE855C41C188.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 209
Reaction Score
It looks like LSU visited Joyce Edwards two nights ago and went to her volleyball game. To me this is encouraging for us because her and Sarah are the same position and height. I doubt they would go to the same school and I can’t see LSU doubling down on edwards a week before signing unless they know that they know that they won’t get Sarah.
LSU went to her volleyball game?! That sounds desperate.

Reaction Score
I agree, I really do see this as a last ditch effort on LSU’s part to get a player in the class of 2024 because they missed out on getting Sarah Strong (fingers crossed it’s because she is committing to UConn). This theory would also maybe be supported by Angel Reese’s tweet earlier this week.

Reaction Score
LSU went to her volleyball game?! That sounds desperate.
Yes, they played for a spot to go the state finals and won. She’s an all state player, in volleyball , lead her team in goals in soccer and of course basketball. They play in the state championship in 2 days. And there’s a rumor that LSU is visiting her again when Dawn is in Paris. And it looks like on the South Carolina Twitter that they landed in Paris today. So they could definitely visit her again before signing day.

Reaction Score
@HuskyNan

We are already in Paris. The game is Monday. Early signing period is Wednesday. So, Kim has a full week to operate "behind Dawn's back."

Of course, it's just a rumor. We have no way of knowing the truth or falsity. Heck, she could meet Strong and Edwards in Charlotte this weekend for all we know. NO. WAIT! That's not even a rumor. Completely made up.

Reaction Score
LSU went to her volleyball game?! That sounds desperate
I found this weird and desperate as heck. I just never really considered LSU a contender for Joyce Edwards, so for LSU to ramp up their recruiting efforts so late in the game seems a little odd.

Reaction Score
@HuskyNan

We are already in Paris. The game is Monday. Early signing period is Wednesday. So, Kim has a full week to operate "behind Dawn's back."

Of course, it's just a rumor. We have no way of knowing the truth or falsity. Heck, she could meet Strong and Edwards in Charlotte this weekend for all we know. NO. WAIT! That's not even a rumor. Completely made up.
Kim does have to get to Vegas over the weekend for her own teams opening game.

Reaction Score
@HuskyNan

Agreed. It sounds like she’s doing some shady business by waiting for Dawn to leave. We all know that Joyce is South Carolinas. For LSU to double down on her so late, also while Dawn is gone isn’t cool.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It sounds like she’s doing some shady business by waiting for Dawn to leave. We all know that Joyce is South Carolinas. For LSU to double down on her so late, also while Dawn is gone isn’t cool.
All we really know is an LSU coach watched her volleyball match. Nothing nefarious in that alone.

The rest is probably just rumor.

Reaction Score
All we really know is an LSU coach watched her volleyball match. Nothing nefarious in that alone.

He also implied heavily on IG that the player he was watching that night was coming to LSU which starts to get icky along with the LSU Twitter handle reposting that post comparing Angel's NIL money to Aliyahs WNBA salary. It doesn't paint the cleanest picture.

I'm guessing Edwards verbally committed to South Carolina on her last official and pushing this hard after that is typicallly frowned upon in coaching circles, though not against the rules.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan

Behind Dawn's back? Sneaky? Those phrases have a negative connotation and sound nefarious. Is Kim's recruitment of Edwards somehow sneaky or unethical? Has Joyce verbaled already? If not, I fail to see the issue. If she's worried enough, Dawn can (and i'm sure will) reach out to Joyce.

Reaction Score
Relating this back to Sarah Strong, I saw this X account had posted this (implying that LSU had landed a recruit and they said it wasn’t Joyce Edwards). If it wasn’t Joyce, who could it have been besides Sarah Strong?

Attachments

• IMG_8279.png
    IMG_8279.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 192
Reaction Score
Behind Dawn's back? Sneaky? Those phrases have a negative connotation and sound nefarious. Is Kim's recruitment of Edwards somehow sneaky or unethical? Has Joyce verbaled already? If not, I fail to see the issue. If she's worried enough, Dawn can (and i'm sure will) reach out to Joyce.
I’m sorry . The quotation marks around “ behind Dawn’s back” weren’t a strong enough indication that I was joking. I should’ve used blue.

First of all, it’s rumor. Second, even if true, no rules are being broken. Joyce’s parents can open or close their doors as they please. Joyce too.

Reaction Score

Yeah, maybe it's that the LSU WBB coach is attempting to get an offer to become a LSU VB coach. :p

Reaction Score
I believe I was referring to the post made by @connboy77 that said: “I've been up and down about our chances to get Sarah. Just when I think we are definitely getting her, a rumor says that she signed with LSU ! I don't believe it. I now think that both Sarah and Ari will make Geno and UCONN Fans very happy November 8TH.”

So I was actually wondering what rumor he had heard that she had signed with LSU!
Oh interesting. I read their comments to be reference to the LSU assistant coach saying that Sarah Strong was going to officially become family before she visited UConn. Based on some of this other social media behavior not sure that wasn't just wishful thinking anymore but who knows with LSU.

Reaction Score
Oh interesting. I read their comments to be reference to the LSU assistant coach saying that Sarah Strong was going to officially become family before she visited UConn. Based on some of this other social media behavior not sure that wasn't just wishful thinking anymore but who knows with LSU.
Ahhh I see. I was taking it to mean there was a new rumor about her committing to LSU. Either way, I definitely think LSU is using some mind games and wishful thinking as a recruiting tactic, especially when it comes to Sarah Strong. It’s obvious at this point that they’re trying anything to get Sarah, Joyce and/or Jaloni… clearly nothing seems to be working or they wouldn’t be trying so hard

Reaction Score
Relating this back to Sarah Strong, I saw this X account had posted this (implying that LSU had landed a recruit and they said it wasn’t Joyce Edwards). If it wasn’t Joyce, who could it have been besides Sarah Strong?
They posted about O'Neal annoucning her decision next week earlier before the post so seems most likely they were talking about her.

Reaction Score
I said what i said , I’m not looking for people to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom