UConn Rated 75 OVR in EA Sports’ College Football 2025 Video Game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Rated 75 OVR in EA Sports’ College Football 2025 Video Game

Reaction Score
Nick Evers is amazing! Also make sure to put Shamar Porter in cuz he is disgusting. Love having the combo of Edwards and Rosa as well. All in all, I’ve enjoyed playing with the Huskies!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What difficulty are you playing on? If you're on All-American or Heisman I definitely recommend messing with some of the sliders unless you plan on playing against people online. They really screwed up the difficulty levels. Most of the time All-American plays like Heisman from NCAA14 imo
No playing Varsity

Reaction Score
Well the patch has ruined most of my enjoyment from this game. I couldn't run for crap so I built a whole team around going 4-5 WR deep every possession. Now after the patch running is easy and throwing is 5x harder so all that work has to be reversed. By the time I fix it they'll have another patch out that flips it again.

I forgot how much I can't stand EA. First game of theirs I've bought in 7-8 years and now I remember why I stopped

Reaction Score
Ultimate Team really helped me tune back in on the controls without wrecking my dynasty. I don't like Madden much so video game football rust was everywhere

Reaction Score
I've been playing NCAA Football 25 on the PS5, creating a very competent UConn Football team and enjoying it.

I've been thinking next year I might have them join the Big 12. Might as well go all in on the fantasy.

Anybody else playing? Are you enjoying it? Are you joining a conference or staying Independent?

Any tips? Right now I'm getting KILLED on the recruiting trail but it hasn't hurt me too much yet.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it at release. Got pissed at some of the changes during the patches. Then another patch fixed some of my issues. Now the most recent patch destroyed my custom playbook.

It's ok. Kind of regret getting a PS5 just to play it but I'll need the PS5 for GTA6 anyway so it's whatever.

I wish they'd just leave the balance alone on offense. Every patch it seems to switch between making passing easier and running harder, and then nerfing passing and buffing running. I keep having to change the way I build my teams.

Recruiting is really hard unless you go with the recruiter coaching path. If you're not a recruiter HC then you have to have an assistant with a concentration in recruiting.

The good news is you don't need to get great recruits unless you're playing on Heisman. Run shallow crosses zig outs, and flood concepts for the passing game and for running plays use anything with a pulling guard or motion tight end/fullback. For recruiting WRs go with pure speed and release. The rest of the stats don't matter if you just flood the safety's zone with 2 players over the top. Fly/fade or post/fade cover 1,2 or cover 3 if you're doing it to the trips side. The game is really easy to cheese.

Reaction Score
I've had fun with it. Ultimate Team is the way to go to learn the game because you can keep trying various things out.
Dynasty has frustrated me a bit. I haven't quite figured out where to set penalties to be realistic without being holding every other play...

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I've had fun with it. Ultimate Team is the way to go to learn the game because you can keep trying various things out.
Dynasty has frustrated me a bit. I haven't quite figured out where to set penalties to be realistic without being holding every other play...
I’ve had fun with RTG and dynasty, as for penalties I just turned them way down, I’m not playing a game that I want to enjoy just to have some arbitrarily applied penalty derail what I’m doing.

Reaction Score
Anybody else playing? Are you enjoying it? Are you joining a conference or staying Independent?
Went all in on fixing things. Set the power conferences back to 12-ish teams, C-USA became kind of a catch-all conference. As for the Big East/ACC -- I set that as a conglomeration, two divisions:

Big East: UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, Boston College
American: Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, USF, SMU, Temple

Reaction Score
I’ve had fun with RTG and dynasty, as for penalties I just turned them way down, I’m not playing a game that I want to enjoy just to have some arbitrarily applied penalty derail what I’m doing.
I love being pissed off at refs, so I need some illegal men downfield in my life... that sounds weird...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I've been playing it and enjoying it. My recruiting stinks and keep bringing in small classes. I put UConn in the ACC and UMass already in the MAC from the get go. Just finished season three. First season was decent, second ended with a loss to LSU in the first round of the CFP. Last season went undefeated and then Evers threw 6, yup 6 INTs against Clemson in the ACC championship game. Dropped to a 7 seed and had the "pleasure" of hosting Michigan. Had a chance to score to tie the game with under two to play but Evers threw his 4th INT of the game. If he hadn't fallen apart I'd be happier.

I run tons of out routes so my slot guys rack up tons of yards. Jackson Mitchell is on fire!! I need to learn new plays because the defense easily picks up my strategy and jumps my routes, hence the INTs.

Still trying to fully figure out defense but I feel I've gotten better.

As for buying a new system. I'm pissed I bought an XBox S. I knew all games were digital but didn't realize any game you had on disc, you'd need to buy again. I thought I read that they'd transfer over. If I knew they wouldn't , I'd have hesitated on buying this. Games never go on sale because they are digital. My daughter has been loving MLB the show '22 so I figured it'd be cheaper since it's two years old. Nope, still $69.99. Not sure I'd drop the extra $150-$200 to get the series X but I feel like I just have wasted games. I still have my XBox One set up so we just use that.

Reaction Score
I've been playing it and enjoying it. My recruiting stinks and keep bringing in small classes. I put UConn in the ACC and UMass already in the MAC from the get go. Just finished season three. First season was decent, second ended with a loss to LSU in the first round of the CFP. Last season went undefeated and then Evers threw 6, yup 6 INTs against Clemson in the ACC championship game. Dropped to a 7 seed and had the "pleasure" of hosting Michigan. Had a chance to score to tie the game with under two to play but Evers threw his 4th INT of the game. If he hadn't fallen apart I'd be happier.

I run tons of out routes so my slot guys rack up tons of yards. Jackson Mitchell is on fire!! I need to learn new plays because the defense easily picks up my strategy and jumps my routes, hence the INTs.

Still trying to fully figure out defense but I feel I've gotten better.

As for buying a new system. I'm pissed I bought an XBox S. I knew all games were digital but didn't realize any game you had on disc, you'd need to buy again. I thought I read that they'd transfer over. If I knew they wouldn't , I'd have hesitated on buying this. Games never go on sale because they are digital. My daughter has been loving MLB the show '22 so I figured it'd be cheaper since it's two years old. Nope, still $69.99. Not sure I'd drop the extra $150-$200 to get the series X but I feel like I just have wasted games. I still have my XBox One set up so we just use that.
My son plays old Zelda games on my N64 and original Wii. Older systems last forever these newer ones probably going to overheat and die within 5 years. Always keep your old stuff!

Reaction Score
Went all in on fixing things. Set the power conferences back to 12-ish teams, C-USA became kind of a catch-all conference. As for the Big East/ACC -- I set that as a conglomeration, two divisions:

Big East: UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, Boston College
American: Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, USF, SMU, Temple
Rutgers plays Nebraska today, should be interesting.

Reaction Score
EA is all about the QB controversy. I see the following. Evers 74 (with the edge in speed and throwing power), Fagnano 75 (better accuracy), McDonald and Welliver at 74

Reaction Score
What did it say? Not found now
It a list showing the jump up in ratings by certain player lead by Skyler Bell going from 72 to 82 (+10).
Fagnano got a nice bump too... Can't restart my dynasty though.
I knew I saved it ;)
IMG_1186.jpeg

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
EA is all about the QB controversy. I see the following. Evers 74 (with the edge in speed and throwing power), Fagnano 75 (better accuracy), McDonald and Welliver at 74
I started Evers for three years and never ran the ball with him... but that smash throw to Porter is a get out of jail free card.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom