UConn @ Quinnipiac (Tuesday 10/16/18 @ 7:00p) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Quinnipiac (Tuesday 10/16/18 @ 7:00p)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For those of you going, be prepared for QU students to shout “safety school” at you and the sort of mind bending questioning of reality that comes with encountering such an insane proclamation.
My wife got a ride to QU and was waitlisted at UConn. Expensive =\= education

Reaction Score
There are ways to get it done. What will be important is how the ECAC will react. But, one way or the other the cheap shot artist must pay...
I have enough with that zookeeper Pecknold and his bench full of animals. It’s up to coach Cav to straighten them out once and for all. You put our guy in hospital..:.: payback payback payback.

Reaction Score
A good friend of mine is a certified USA Hockey ref, his response to seeing this hit was the 5 for charging and game misconduct was the correct call, could've also been called for contact to the head. He said he'd expect a subsequent suspension from the league. The reason for not calling contact to the head was likely that it's an automatic game DQ, which carries an automatic additional one game suspension, so calling the charging game misconduct punts the suspension decision to the league.

Also this:

Reaction Score
My problem was that the stick was up. When you "open ice" someone keep the stick down - hit like P.K. Subban -
always clean, but effective. The stick "up" changes it for me.
I tend to like my D-men to play more of an ulf samuelsson type of game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

No offense intended to present company but hockey fans on social media are THE WORST wannabe macho toughguys. Without fail, any video of a baseball/basketball/football any other sport fight is inundated with hockey guys “blah blah this isn’t a fight you losers must not watch hockey.” Probably thousands of comments like that on Malace in the Palace videos.

Reaction Score
No one at the game was celebrating. They were in a stunned silence. Quietest D1 hockey moment I've seen.

Reaction Score
No offense intended to present company but hockey fans on social media are THE WORST wannabe macho toughguys. Without fail, any video of a baseball/basketball/football any other sport fight is inundated with hockey guys “blah blah this isn’t a fight you losers must not watch hockey.” Probably thousands of comments like that on Malace in the Palace videos.
True story

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw the video of the hit.

That was a vicious and intended outcome by the QU goon and I feel was a borderline crosscheck. I swear I heard wood against plastic. Husky got knocked the ^@%$# out.

A normal, technical defensive bump would have had the offensive guy knocked off balance, not knocked the ^@%$# out.

Reaction Score
Saw the video of the hit.

That was a vicious and intended outcome by the QU goon and I feel was a borderline crosscheck. I swear I heard wood against plastic. Husky got knocked the ^@%$# out.

A normal, technical defensive bump would have had the offensive guy knocked off balance, not knocked the ^@%$# out.
I am not sure if the QU player intended an injury based on his reaction immediately afterwards, expressing some shock at what happened.

Cavanaugh can recruit but I really still question the man's ability to coach.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Agree. Those internet tough guy comments are true head scratchers. Put those same tough guys in a pair of skates and hockey gear and I would wager my entire mortgage that they would all fill their hockey pants with a steady stream of nervous pee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom