UConn - Providence post game | The Boneyard

UConn - Providence post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well that was a smackdown. We knew PC was overmatched, but still, you need to do "basketball things" and UConn did a LOT of basketball things.
  • 20 steals (KK with an eye-popping 8)
  • 25 assists
  • Only 8 turnovers
  • 27 and 31 points scored in Q's 1 and 3
  • Every starter in double figures scoring, Nika with an eye-popping 13 assists
Bottom line a nice game indeed - the only "black marks"... Meh 2nd quarter, Q going 0 for America this game, 17 team fouls and Ice with 4. But really minor stuff in a game everyone should feel good about.

Even Ines and Amari scoring 10 points between them. How great was that to see???!!!

UConn seemed like they could get whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted it. I'll leave it up to Geno in the film session to point out whatever he sees, but all around a pretty fun game.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ines!!
Amari!!

They don’t have to be superstars, just give 8-10 good minutes. Great game!

8115B29B-3526-4267-8F2B-E36A997FE564.jpeg

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We werent lookng to Aaliyah and Paige. We have alot of confidence and alot of energy Our freshman have stepped it up and Ines and Amari looked really good tonite Were gettin there. Never ever doubt Geno what he's done with this team is amazin

Reaction Score
Good game for UConn. I wish Paige would be a more aggressive shooter...it might cause her to be double teamed, but Shade and KK would be more open, and if they didn't guard her, she would be more productive in points. Good to see Amari and Innes playing well. Poor Providence couldn't make anything in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
This was the freshmen -- and Nika -- from beginning to end. KK and Ash led the charge, and Paige and Aaliyah were like a safety net in case they faltered. But they didn't.

And Amari showed us something. She dove for a ball in a scrum had a lovely soft-touch floater in the lane. And best of all, she had a wonderful up-and-under post move. Getting down on the floor in a scrum -- I hope that means her back isn't bothering her anymore.

Reaction Score
Another convincing win and the Freshmen were sensational again. KK was unbelievable with steals and Nika with a double double, with rebounds and assists. Ashlynn led all scorers again and did pretty much everything and NO fouls. Every game is convincing the other teams to be very,very wary of Uconn. we are opn our way to God knows what, but, what an exciting ride!!! The best is yet to come as sure as there is a tomorrow, we are getting into plat-off shape. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on today’s game:
  • I thought this game might get ugly tonight as Providence averages 20.3 turnovers per game and 56.7 ppg, 323rd and 310th respectively out of 348 D-1 teams. Tonight, the Friars had 28 turnovers and only 41 points. At times it appeared as if the Huskies were running a layup drill on offense. :confused:
  • KK should be arrested for Grand Larceny. :cool:
  • Teams have learned to crash the boards in waves against UConn. For the 2nd game in a row, UConn was outrebounded. As Geno has stated, “We’re going to give up some size on defense, but you’re going to have to guard us on offense."
  • All 5 starters in double figures again tonight.
  • Paige really struggled with her shot in the 1st half. Not sure what Geno said to her at the half, but apparently it worked.
  • Ice seems to be finding her shooting stroke. :) But Q seems to have lost hers. :(
  • Amari’s pair of spin moves in the low post, once to her left hand and once to her right were both things of beauty. I know! I know! Why can’t she do that all the time?

Reaction Score
And, omg, Inês was awesome. 3-5 with a rebound and a steal in 9 minutes, and she chased down a Providence break from behind to get that steal. That was classic Inês. And she just looked really comfortable driving the lane, finishing at the rim, playing defense. The full package.

Reaction Score
I some times type too fast. we are on our way...... and getting into play-off shape!!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
FOr those of you who are thinkin that Providence is not very good and UConn won big Remember this UConn has 5 stars on the bench and won by 40+ against a better team then some other top 10 teams play. Look at the wins and losses some of the top teams have. UConn has 5 wins against top teams and 3 losses against top teams. More then anybody else. Now we are much better. All I can say is LOOK OUT here comes UConn. BTW we now know Ines and Amari have earned more playtime They looked really good and not afraid.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
  • Amari’s pair of spin moves in the low post, once to her left hand and once to her right were both things of beauty. I know! I know! Why can’t she do that all the time?
I jumped up and screamed so loud I woke up the neighbors (I’m in a 55+ community) LOL

So happy for her!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our top 2 scorers were Ash and KK. Battling for BE FOW. Again!

We turned Providence over seemingly at will, but we rushed shots in the first half. Paige's shot was off, and Liya got into foul trouble. But Nika, Ash, and KK provided the scoring punch. Nika had 13 dimes, just short of her record of 15.

Amari and Ines played their best game. Ice looked more relaxed and effective. Q battled, but couldn't find her shot, even at the FT line.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
  • I thought this game might get ugly tonight as Providence averages 20.3 turnovers per game and 56.7 ppg, 323rd and 310th respectively out of 348 D-1 teams. Tonight, the Friars had 28 turnovers and only 41 points. At times it appeared as if the Huskies were running a layup drill on offense. :confused:
  • KK should be arrested for Grand Larceny. :cool:
  • Teams have learned to crash the boards in waves against UConn. For the 2nd game in a row, UConn was outrebounded. As Geno has stated, “We’re going to give up some size on defense, but you’re going to have to guard us on offense."
  • All 5 starters in double figures again tonight.
  • Paige really struggled with her shot in the 1st half. Not sure what Geno said to her at the half, but apparently it worked.
  • Ice seems to be finding her shooting stroke. :) But Q seems to have lost hers. :(
Maybe Amari would if she got more opportunities; more than three minutes. I also believe Ines would play like she did tonight on a regular basis if given the opportunity.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What a game!!!

Nika getting her double double. Her shot looks much better.

KK and Ash are amazing!!

Notice that Paige did not lead the team in scoring. This is a big plus.

Ice looking better and better every game.

Ines!!!!!!!!! Wow. Most impressive was the steal as she ran down the Providence player.

And finally Amari. Good to she some positives for on the court. Maybe, just maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom