UConn-Providence 12/17 Postponed | The Boneyard

UConn-Providence 12/17 Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking forward, all the cancellations have me wondering if conference tournaments are going to happen this year. Why would teams with solidified resumes, say teams like Villanova and Creighton, even risk it? Think the Big East needs to be forward thinking here and cancel remaining games, get a two week quarantine to start play at bubble location for the end of December and get the teams to play 10-15 (maybe up to 20) games through 2/15. Name the regular season champ as the AQ and then keep the teams away from the public as much as possible prior to the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
This is insanity, if they are sticking to this 14 day quarantine thing there's no way to complete a season. Either do real bubbles or pause the season and resume play March 1st.
Yep this is ridiculous

Reaction Score
if we want to play a season it's going to need to be a bubble and it can't be in Connecticut. You can't play a basketball season with 14 days inbetween games.

Reaction Score
the new recommended modified quarantine is 14 days? what was it before, 30??
I think they're using the modified term to describe how they're treating quarantine, not the 14 days. If you read the UConn statement they released they're resuming practice after 8 days

Reaction Score
I think they're using the modified term to describe how they're treating quarantine, not the 14 days. If you read the UConn statement they released they're resuming practice after 8 days
i leave it to you to read the entire piece and let me know what i was missing

Reaction Score
I think you're right and that's case, but this statement's wording is horrendous.

Reaction Score
i leave it to you to read the entire piece and let me know what i was missing
Yeah it's tough figuring out what's going on from these recent UConn statements

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, NC State was cancelled due to NC State testing positive and UConn's first known positive was Dec 6th?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why are we quarantining 11 players and a full coaching staff that have all tested negative for 5 days now? What we're doing right now is bad for our players. This could really negatively affect Bouknight.

Like for the first sentence
Meh on the second sentence
No one can disagree with a hot take which starts with "could".

Reaction Score
Why are we quarantining 11 players and a full coaching staff that have all tested negative for 5 days now? What we're doing right now is bad for our players. This could really negatively affect Bouknight.
Because this positive test came from someone who was positive, tested negative entering the Mohegan bubble and the entire time they were inside, and then finally tested positive after returning back to campus. Maybe it's a little extra cautious but I'd rather wait an extra day and avoid having to pause for another full quarantine after 2 days back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom