UConn poaches Cincy Strength Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn poaches Cincy Strength Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chief, weren't you riding Sal's jock and talking about how great the S&C program was now that we had gotten away from Travis Illian and his PhD? You got a post that supports what you're saying?
He did complain about the focus on stretching and how it caused Akok to get hurt. Though he also claims to have shamed Sal into posting workout videos to build hype around the program so it's a give and take

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Settle down. No one said anything that bad. It was a decision that UConn basketball made that was based in the political moment. You can’t be surprised when UConn basketball fans therefore discuss that decision and the politics behind it.

it's not going to happen here. Take it to the pool. Too many are incapable of discussing anything even close to politics without it becoming a problem that takes too much time to clean up.

Reaction Score
I think the guys did learn a lot from Sal regarding diet, healthy habits, and lifting with good form. That stuff is valuable. But his recent social media outbursts were very alarming and ignorant. I’m glad we got someone with a great reputation to replace him.

Perfectly said. I don’t think Sal is a bad guy and think he did a decent job, but there were definitely some red flags. I hope he finds his way. I’m in love with this hire, though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In case I haven't said this in a while, I hate all of you. Well, there's maybe two posters who didn't hijack this thread with political crap, but the rest of you, I hope you get syphilis from your wife and slowly lose the few brain cells you have left.
Ha ha I love it when Tom channels his inner Fishy.

Reaction Score
Cincy fans act like we are dead and buried. They seem to think leaving Cincy for UConn is a huge downgrade. They also think we completely gave up on football when our fans are thrilled about what football is doing right now with recruiting and scheduling.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Very surprising, because since Cincy was better than UConn from 2015-2019, and from what I gather on twitter, that’s all that matters.

Cronin being gone probably has a lot to do with it. yes i get that was sarcasm

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
it's not going to happen here. Take it to the pool. Too many are incapable of discussing anything even close to politics without it becoming a problem that takes too much time to clean up.

Thank you. So much. (Not sarcastic. At all. sports and politics do not mix)

Reaction Score
Cincy fans act like we are dead and buried. They seem to think leaving Cincy for UConn is a huge downgrade. They also think we completely gave up on football when our fans are thrilled about what football is doing right now with recruiting and scheduling.
Well they’re stupid so that’s not a surprise

Reaction Score
Perfectly said. I don’t think Sal is a bad guy and think he did a decent job, but there were definitely some red flags. I hope he finds his way. I’m in love with this hire, though.
Yes he is

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Chief put everyone on notice last season. I was told how wrong I was by the usual suspects. This was more than the last couple months, although that played a role.

Show us.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I am curious as to his reasons for coming here. It is a lateral move. Could we pay that much more to make it worth uprooting his family? Is it his relationship with Hurley? Seeing the writing on the wall with the two programs?
Lower incidence of tractor related venereal diseases?

Reaction Score
I am curious as to his reasons for coming here. It is a lateral move. Could we pay that much more to make it worth uprooting his family? Is it his relationship with Hurley? Seeing the writing on the wall with the two programs?
Lower incidence of tractor related venereal diseases?

Cincy board said his wife is into sports broadcasting. She may be interested in getting her foot in the door at ESPN. unverified info though

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the new guy. He sure has some gifted bodies to work with. Hurley seems to be pulling the right strings. Its always good when a coach has big time connections.
Let's win the BE this year. Hope we have games like old times and I get to see it.

Reaction Score
Cincy board said his wife is into sports broadcasting. She may be interested in getting her foot in the door at ESPN. unverified info though

HAHA holy crap fandom makes you rationalize ridiculous things that don’t need rationalizing.

Reaction Score
I think his biggest test will be Javonte Brown Ferguson. He's likely to have a full 4 years to work with him. He has a fantastic frame but is pretty soft. If he can guide him to become like the pictures above, we'll know we have a real one.

C

Chief00

Chief, weren't you riding Sal's jock and talking about how great the S&C program was now that we had gotten away from Travis Illian and his PhD? You got a post that supports what you're saying?
Where to start? True, many posts about how S&C should be used as a foundation to avoid injuries. How we need to do a better job with weights. But, I also talked about how Sal was guided to read a book about building relationships. In another post I discussed the need for him to improve vibe and enthusiasm for the S&C program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Thank you Coach Hurley and AD Dave for making the move.
DH quietly going about his business like a ninja.. Playing chess.. Sal always seemed to have "one foot out the door"..Using the Program as a stepping stone.. Sounds like a major upgrade from a variety of perspectives.. Not the least of which is character development by working with young guys looking for positive role models.Appears to be a "high character" individual..Just what we need to go to the Championship level.Obviously has the physical development piece figured out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro