UConn poaches Cincy Strength Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn poaches Cincy Strength Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah I always liked Sal for most part as was a far cry from the KO era. But our guys didn’t get much bigger or transform themselves for the most part. It was fine and progress, but not transformative on the whole.

But what happened with Josh was really perplexing. Rapidly improving sophomore to guy that couldn’t move or jump at all and struggled to get mins on a 7-8 man team. Kind of took bloom off rose a bit on Sal.

Sal seemed like a guy that stops for 1-3 years at a place and moves on.
Again Cincy takes 3 and low 4 stars and creates monsters! Excited about the hire.

Reaction Score
Really impressive guy....can’t wait till the monster factory hits home

Attachments

• CCFC66C6-43F8-4531-8F1C-5C67DD28D0E7.jpeg
    CCFC66C6-43F8-4531-8F1C-5C67DD28D0E7.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 457
Reaction Score
Also, the thing that stood out the most about the cinci board was their comments about how well he connected with the kids.

Reaction Score
Seems like a lot of Cincy fans are legit distraught over this news. Game changer for us. 2017 UConn had the scrawniest team ever. It’s gunna be fun to see what he does with Bouk and Jackson. That being said I and a few other UConn fans emailed coach and admin that what Alosi posted was highly offensive. I don’t wanna donate to a program that has a guy who promotes anti Semitic conspiracies and against BLM. I’m glad this was done. Very glad.

Reaction Score
This makes me even more proud of our head coach. That's why Calhoun was so easy to root for, even when he could be tough on his guys: you knew he loved and respected his players and always had their backs. Seems like Hurley is cut from the same cloth.
He is. He's a total players coach, he's a bit of a crazy irishman like Calhoun and always has the players backs where they will run through walls for him.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Even Sal still has UConn on his social media, so this is VERY new.

It's a good hire though. 9 years at Cincinnati so he's proven with a team known for physicality and toughness.

Article makes him out to be well-read in the latest exercise science data-based studf. That's all I got.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Cincy is one of the teams I immediately think of when I think about a team who plays with physicality. This is really whats made them so tough over the years.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Sal seemed to take the route of just getting the guys toned and overall healthy, not really ever bulking up any of our guys into beasts. This new guy calls his gym the monster factory and has had his guys bully ours for years. Me likey.
He bulked up JC LOL

Reaction Score
Skip to 3 minutes because it's all advertising but an interview from a few months ago with some insight into his mindset/theories

Reaction Score
#1 it’s nice to see we aren’t cheaping out on staff even with a bit of financial turmoil in the athletic department, and are able to poach a coach from a similar level program that is nice to see.
#2 hard to believe sal is still a rolling stone after all these years and doesn’t seem to stay anywhere for more than a pit stop, I guess he is who he is at this point

Reaction Score
I think the guys did learn a lot from Sal regarding diet, healthy habits, and lifting with good form. That stuff is valuable. But his recent social media outbursts were very alarming and ignorant. I’m glad we got someone with a great reputation to replace him.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In case I haven't said this in a while, I hate all of you. Well, there's maybe two posters who didn't hijack this thread with political crap, but the rest of you, I hope you get syphilis from your wife and slowly lose the few brain cells you have left.

Reaction Score
In case I haven't said this in a while, I hate all of you. Well, there's maybe two posters who didn't hijack this thread with political crap, but the rest of you, I hope you get syphilis from your wife and slowly lose the few brain cells you have left.

Settle down. No one said anything that bad. It was a decision that UConn basketball made that was based in the political moment. You can’t be surprised when UConn basketball fans therefore discuss that decision and the politics behind it.

Reaction Score
Chief put everyone on notice last season. I was told how wrong I was by the usual suspects. This was more than the last couple months, although that played a role.

Chief, weren't you riding Sal's jock and talking about how great the S&C program was now that we had gotten away from Travis Illian and his PhD? You got a post that supports what you're saying?

Reaction Score
If there is one thing that can bring the Yard together, it’s the Chief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom