UConn player health updates? (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

UConn player health updates? (Merged thread)

Reaction Score
Are there any Post UCLA Game Updates as to the health and upcoming availability of the following players:

• AZZI FUDD ???
  • AUBREY GRIFFIN ???
  • NIKA MUHL ???
  • PIATH GABRIEL ???
  • MIR McLEAN ???
  • PAIGE BUECKERS (We know that SURGERY is now being strongly considered, which would put her out til Late February)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What makes you think there is any physical issue with Mir? I haven't heard Geno or Mir say that there is.

Piath was on the bench for the UCLA game. As far as we know, she had an academic issue, not a physical issue.

Geno said he didn't expect any change before Christmas in the availability of the other players. Presumably that means that the same nine players who were available yesterday will play against Louisville. In other words, the seven who played plus Mir and Piath.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Are there any Post UCLA Game Updates as to the health and upcoming availability of the following players:

• AZZI FUDD ???
  • AUBREY GRIFFIN ???
  • NIKA MUHL ???
  • PIATH GABRIEL ???
  • MIR McLEAN ???
  • PAIGE BUECKERS (We know that SURGERY is now being strongly considered, which would put her out til Late February)
What's the deal with using all UPPER CASE letters? Just wondering.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno said he didn't expect any change before Christmas in the availability of the other players. Presumably that means that the same nine players who were available yesterday will play against Louisville. In other words, the seven who played plus Mir and Piath.
I believe Geno was talking about Nika and Azzi when he said that. Aubrey could be ready for the Louisville game. She is close.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was talking with my neighbors and good friends Tim and Katie yesterday. Azzi is well and sends her regards. :)

Azzi is making progress and just needs to rest it. We all hope she'll be back on the court for the January 5 Georgetown game in D.C. at the latest. Hopefully, she can play the week before. In short, it looks like 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WHY ALL THE SHOUTING ?????
Blake Shelton Television GIF by The Voice

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

• AZZI FUDD ???
  • AUBREY GRIFFIN ???
  • NIKA MUHL ???
  • PIATH GABRIEL ???
  • MIR McLEAN ???
ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the Internet and rude behavior in netiquette

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Checkout this thread from yesterday, maybe there is an answer...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What makes you think there is any physical issue with Mir? I haven't heard Geno or Mir say that there is.

Piath was on the bench for the UCLA game. As far as we know, she had an academic issue, not a physical issue.

Where is it coming from that Piath is having academic issues?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Given as the reason she didn’t make the last road trip to Atlanta.
for you and @donalddoowop my daughter, who is at UConn stated that Piath had a class she could not miss on either Wednesday or Thursday. Remember, this is last days of classes and finals have now started for the semester. So please do not start rumors that she has academic issues when we don't know.

Reaction Score
for you and @donalddoowop my daughter, who is at UConn stated that Piath had a class she could not miss on either Wednesday or Thursday. Remember, this is last days of classes and finals have now started for the semester. So please do not start rumors that she has academic issues when we don't know.
Just repeating what I thought the media said… not trying to start anything, just trying to provide info to a question.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I am not starting any rumors. I responded to a post. Someone already started it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
To be precise, during the GT game it was reported that Piath did not make the trip because she had an academic “commitment” which implies something entirely different than saying she had an academic “issue.” I remember Briana Pulido missing a road-trip her senior year as a pre-med student because she had a “commitment” to complete several science labs. I also remember several UConn players who were not allowed on the bench for both home and away games because of academic “issues.”

Reaction Score
So, in summation, speaking in a soft voice:
Paige 6-8 weeks minimum and contemplating surgery that might keep her out for the balance of the season.
Nika-minimum 3 weeks
Azzi-minimum out till mid January
Aubrey-might be ok for Louisville on 12/19
Piath -ok to play
Geno-extra large Tums for turnovers and missed free throws
Chris D.-extra large Advil for dealing with Geno

Reaction Score

• AZZI FUDD ???
  • AUBREY GRIFFIN ???
  • NIKA MUHL ???
  • PIATH GABRIEL ???
  • MIR McLEAN ???
More likely surgery bags the season. Piath is healthy. She has some academic commitments to attend. Mir is gone Azzi needs another month to make sure that "pre-fracture" is 100% healed for BB. Aubrey has back issues...prognosis unknown. Muhl has recurring foot blues ...same therapy as Fudd I think. Late January? In other words, we have 6-7 players ( assuming Piath is cleared to play) until February.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per uconnhuskies.com:

STORRS, Conn. – UConn women's basketball sophomore Paige Bueckers underwent successful surgery on her left knee Monday afternoon at UConn Health.

The surgery repaired an anterior tibial plateau fracture and lateral meniscus tear that Bueckers suffered during UConn's game on Dec. 5 vs. Notre Dame.

Bueckers' recovery is estimated to take eight weeks from her surgery date.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, in summation, speaking in a soft voice:
Paige 6-8 weeks minimum and contemplating surgery that might keep her out for the balance of the season.
Nika-minimum 3 weeks
Azzi-minimum out till mid January
Aubrey-might be ok for Louisville on 12/19
Piath -ok to play
Geno-extra large Tums for turnovers and missed free throws
Chris D.-extra large Advil for dealing with Geno

Some modifications:

Azzi--at least late December.

Aubrey--unknown

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online