UConn/Pacific Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn/Pacific Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
We have 5 players with at least 8 at the half. Good to see Lo with 2 assists and a bucket in her 4 minutes. 10 steals as a team and only 5 turnovers (no player has more than 1) is also nice.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think this game will give us a lot of confidence. Yes, Pacific isn't on our level but neither were the first three teams we played and we didn't just run away with the games. This is much better than the Pacific game last year!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Prediction 68 points will be the highest scoring 1st half for the Year :)

Great 1st half against an obviously over matched Pacific Team.​
You mean we shouldn't count on it against Stanford?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Team shooting 71%. Are you kidding me? I hope Tara is watching.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
boy what an amazing first half. i doni't know how bad pacific is - they did lose to fairfield the first game, but holy crap. 3 players in double figures, 2 more on the cusp, eveyrone has scored, shooting well at what - 70%? KML hasn't missed, Banks and Buck playing well. Stokes and Johnson and Engeln even performing well. looks like a well oiled machine. somehow i suspect STanford will provide a tad more of a challenge lol.

but seriously what does coach tell the kids at halftime? from what you guys are saying, Pacific is not as good as Holy Cross. but i think you have to also maybe account for the fact that Geno was able to use HC as a coaching moment and really point out what they could have done better. really not much to improve on in this game, eh?!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I hope Tara is watching.

Are you kidding? Tara is already analyzing, dissecting and breaking down the 1st half. Stanford is big on preparation.

Reaction Score
I do have a feeling we'll press Stanford, and that's why we're working on it now. Stanford is one of those rare great teams that are typically good to press.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Tara is already analyzing, dissecting and breaking down the 1st half. Stanford is big on preparation.
I agree... but this year they're in OUR house!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
boy what an amazing first half. i doni't know how bad pacific is - they did lose to fairfield the first game, but holy crap. 3 players in double figures, 2 more on the cusp, eveyrone has scored, shooting well at what - 70%? KML hasn't missed, Banks and Buck playing well. Stokes and Johnson and Engeln even performing well. looks like a well oiled machine. somehow i suspect STanford will provide a tad more of a challenge lol.

Yep! She got her misses out of the way last game. She'll be a high-percentage shooter. ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well it looks like UConn is playing like UCONN. Defense Defense Defense. Any team without really good ballhandlers is going to have problems againest UConn this season. It looks like we needed to get a couple of games under our belt and the team is jellin. It all started with defense. I love the bombs going in. How bout Caroline and KML from long range. We have alot of scorers on this team. I would like to see Stef get more touches and can she pass. Stef reminds me of McLaren passing, Tina around the basket and how bout Heather. I think Heather has arrived. Stanford will show us alot, about where we are. A total team effort.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
So far this team is doing everything Geno could ask them to do. Shooting 71% is ridiculous... 10 steals and 25 points off turnovers...Pacific with 16 turnovers making it easy for UConn. UConn's press was suffocating...I expect to see that pressure on Stanford's guards on Monday. Hayes hustling and scoring. Nice to see KML making two for two from three. Banks...is a scorer but she will not endear herself to Geno if she doesn't learn how to pass the basketball. Good to see Doty hitting her shots. Sometimes when I watch Bria Hartley I think that it is just a matter of time before she goes off for 30 points...this kid is a scorer. Post players looking good...Heather working well in the post. Heather comes in gets rebounds and scores 4 points around the basket...good for her...she needs all the confidence she can get. Kiah hits the short jumper that's what I'm talking about. Heck even Michala scores... Kelly playing well but I would like to see this improved shooting that Geno was talking about...can you imagine if that is true...I mean that would be Doty, Banks, KML, Hayes, Faris, and Bria making threes and Dolson, Buck, Stokes and Johnson prowling around the lane...that would be an impossible task for defenses to handle. What's there not to like here...68 points in the first half! Unbelievable!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I presently have no sound but the picture is OK.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I realize this performance is against Pacific, but this offense is purring like a V-12 Jaguar. So much good to rave about, so little time. I guess it's natural to be watching the frosh a little more closely because of the newness. I'm already extremely comfortable having the ball in Brianna's hands. Too bad she isn't very quick...oh my! Kiah is an amazing athlete with a nice soft shot and passing instincts. Kaleena's stroke is smooth as sippin' whiskey. Heather and Lauren look to be on a mission...just great to see from both of them. Everybody else...simply superb!

Reaction Score
42 points in less than nine minutes (11-6 at 14:25, 53-15 at 5:46). I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we've never done that before.

Reaction Score
I used to love to see Caroline throwing her body around, taking those chances to make the hustle plays. Now, not so much. I hold my breath every time she falls down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom