UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 21 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Just an FYI for everyone. The portal actually opens tomorrow. Up until now, it is only grad transfers or teams with coaching changes.
Not true. You can announce your transfer before Monday but you are not formally in the portal until Monday. Guys like Joly, Bin-Wahad, Turner, Shor,... are not grad transfers.

Reaction Score
I would think this is 1099 income rather than w-2....not that the distinction matters for your point that it is documented and reported income. Kids are about to learn about the tax man.
Its 1099. I am sure there tax advice will be ok.

Reaction Score
Not dumb at all, and someone else will answer more lucidly than I. Still, my answers to your question are: yes for Turner, yes for Joly, and very highly concerned for the last part.

I know people have been saying that players who are moving on after shining here will bring positive attention to the program, but I look at it more negatively. Their leaving (in Joly's case) symbolizes a lack of confidence in our program to sustain them, and they don't want to be affiliated with UConn. It's the jilted lover mentality, but I take each portal defection as an indictment on the school. In short, if they don't believe in us, even though they gained some success here, why would someone else come in their place? Attrition is natural, but this is not sustainable given our lack of success and finances.
Joly is going to get money. It is insane for him not to do that.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not true. You can announce your transfer before Monday but you are not formally in the portal until Monday. Guys like Joly, Bin-Wahad, Turner, Shor,... are not grad transfers.
Can you point to the exact part of what I said that wasn't true? I never talked about anyone announcing anything and was simply referring to what you actually nicely confirmed, that the portal officially opened today.

The consequences of that being are that we will be able to see where everyone is going, who is coming, who has what offers, and a variety of other things that may interest this board. A great example of this is that the speculation of Joly being offered by Tennessee has just been confirmed by him today.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Or you are just plain wrong, these football players are adults.
Have you ever been on a college campus ? Or even see the silly stuff pro players do when they make a tackle or a catch they are being paid to do? Age alone doesn’t make one an “adult”’

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I heard they kicked him out.
Day said he wouldn't commit to him as a starter. It reads like he was told to look elsewhere.

College football is in a bad place right now. Mora must be questioning his decision to coach again...nothing to do with UConn...just how much the "sport" has changed. And not for the better.

Reaction Score
1701704603088.png

Yakiri Walker hitting the portal per 247

Reaction Score
Very possible - but really zero loyalty either from the University or the players

That's what fans want- win at all costs and we are all part of the problem..
I am fairly certain the coaching staff told him they are bringing in one of the top portal QBs to be the starter next year. There are 3 or 4 guys in the portal like oklahoma and duke qbs who would walk into the starting job next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom