UConn OOC updates | The Boneyard

UConn OOC updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Florida, Texas, Kansas, Stanford. That's an excellent baseline for a tough OOC schedule in the future.

Imagine if the AAC ramps up and all the talent heading to Cincy, UCF, SMU, Memphis and Houston pans out. That's 10 strong conference games and another 4 or 5 OOC not including tournament games.

Reaction Score
Too early to say on TX, they've been trending downward and Barnes might get fired after this year, they might not be any good in 14-15. Same with Stanford, Dawkins could be out if they don't make the tourney this year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fluck Cuse! And Pitt! And ND. Have no gripes with any current BE teams even Gtown who fought like heck to keep things together.

Would love Kansas and Michigan State and Indiana!

Reaction Score
Fluck Cuse! And Pitt! And ND. Have no gripes with any current BE teams even Gtown who fought like heck to keep things together.

Would love Kansas and Michigan State and Indiana!

Eh, if you want to get invited to the dance, you can't curse your possible past/future dates. Sometimes you have to kiss and make up in order to protect your program. I'm not a huge fan of how Syracuse/Pitt did things either, but I'd think we'd want them on our side for any future possible conference realignment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Eh, if you want to get invited to the dance, you can't curse your possible past/future dates. Sometimes you have to kiss and make up in order to protect your program. I'm not a huge fan of how Syracuse/Pitt did things either, but I'd think we'd want them on our side for any future possible conference realignment.
Pitt would consider UConn but Cuse is fearful of Uconn same as BC, so they will never be a voice for Uconn no matter how much UConn kisses up to them. I guess never is a strong word. They could be strong-armed but that is a program I want to see become irrelevant when Boeheim leaves.

Pitt is on my list because their President was the BE chairman of the negotiations with ESPN and vetoed it at the same time they were getting an invite! They should have recused themselves or voted yay instead of nay. UConn would be getting close to 14 million/year instead of 1.5 million/year with that vetoed contract.

ND because they are a parasite! I don't begrudge them because they have a following but nonetheless they are a parasite.

The last thing I want to do is develop a rivalry with Cuse that gives the appearance NY is following them as opposed to UConn. In a couple of years it will become obvious that NE and NY are trending to UConn and not BC and Cuse and that will make the ACC and B!G consider UConn!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Too early to say on TX, they've been trending downward and Barnes might get fired after this year, they might not be any good in 14-15. Same with Stanford, Dawkins could be out if they don't make the tourney this year.

If Barnes gets fired, Texas might actually be good. And it's not like recruits were picking Texas because of him anyways... they pick Texas because... it's Texas.

Reaction Score
Pitt is one school I don't want to play. Why play a team that engages in very ugly bball? For what? No talent coming out of Pitt either.

Maryland and G'town are good bball teams to play in the future.

Reaction Score

Yeah, sure, UConn is scared of PC, that's why it's scheduling lesser teams like Kansas, Florida, Texas, Stanford, Maryland, Indiana, Washington.

Maybe if we beat those teams, only then will UConn be ready for the caliber of PC.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Would much prefer UConn vs. Pc than BC especially if Cooley can get PC into the rankings.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Took PC trolls less than 90 mins to make an appearance in this thread... sad

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Yeah, sure, UConn is scared of PC, that's why it's scheduling lesser teams like Kansas, Florida, Texas, Stanford, Maryland, Indiana, Washington.

Maybe if we beat those teams, only then will UConn be ready for the caliber of PC.

My PC buddy told me that Chris Webber called Warde to schedule the series, but Warde is waiting until our team is more competitive before committing to a series.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm almost positive the PC are just messing around here in a good natured way.

I would like to continue to play PC myself and keep up any Big East rival.

Frankly, little jokes/jabs like this keep the board lively as opposed to just pure trolling. I hate the pissing matches that seem to develop but they only happen when we engage in them.

Reaction Score
would like one game every year at MSG for our NYC connection., St. John's, Cuse
Hall, Duke!

Reaction Score
I see no reason to play Providence.

We used to have very competitive rivalry with Holy Cross. But ... things change. Our arc over the next 20 years is towards Florida & Texas & Maryland. I love to say that Ed Cooley will get them competitive ... but a Keno Davis might be just around the corner in 2-5 years. PC won't be able to sustain any high level. They'll become a Siena.

Reaction Score

Maybe. We also play E. Washington, Sacred Heart, Umass-Lowell and teams like that as well. PC would be a slight upgrade.

Reaction Score
You (PC) are on the wrong side of the tracks.

We aren't playing those Programs this year. Our current roster of Conference will be better than PCs. The Seton Hall & DePaul & PC (even Villanova) ... Will try to cling to the BE past. It's gone. We will raise our profile; UCF & SMU & Houston are outrecruiting you & the other lower tier BE programs as we speak.

We will be fine without you. Ollie will be a transcendant coach. One of the best transitions ever & we'll play at a level that you'll yearn for. We are the Program that Florida & Texas wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom