UConn (only) Recruiting Speculation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She shared Aaliyah Crump’s commitment to Texas onto her Instagram story earlier this week. I know she also shared something when Madison Booker won the Cheryl Miller award. The other times she shared something were during the season so I can’t remember specifically what shared. I’d estimate it was at least 5-7 posts from Texas WBB she’s shared. Anyway to bring it back to speculation, it makes me think that Texas could be who UConn is competing against to get her. I do think her taking several visits to Uconn is definitely a good sign for us though!
But those are just players she knows, which is normal. Its less about Texas and more about her friends.

Reaction Score
Weird, any inside scoop as to why?
Sources are wbbblog based on a Shane Laflin report a week or so ago when she cut her list to six including SCar. That initial list did not include UConn. Then, a few days later, UConn was back on the list. Apparently, SCar was dropped at that time.

It seems pretty fuzzy, but I generally trust Raoul.

Reaction Score
But those are just players she knows, which is normal. Its less about Texas and more about her friends.
Well I’m pretty sure she’s reposted Texas team content too, not just individual players she knows. Let’s move on from this, but definitely something to keep an eye on in the future!

Reaction Score
If she has a long enough memory, Charley Collier ought to be a cautionary tale for Olivia. A big who opted for Texas over UConn and subsequently fizzled at the next level. I’m more inclined to think it reflects more on Texas than on Charley. Maybe Vic has improved their coaching of bigs, though his strength seems to be in working with guards and forwards.
Vic is superior in every aspect of coaching to Karen Aston. I would rate him as behind only Geno, Dawn, and Kim at present. I think there is very little doubt that he is about to become a perennial participant at the elite eight-final four level in the NCAA Tournament. In fact, I would go so far as to predict he will have Texas in the championship game within the next five years! He is a brilliant coach, a great recruiter, and has possibly the best facilities in the country. In addition to this, he works for an administration with perhaps the deepest pockets in the country! That is a potent combination! I do wish we could have seen what Chris might have done with Collier!

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken, but I thought that Jazzy dropped SC and Tenn when she cut her list from 8 to 6 about 1-2 weeks ago.
Very confusing with Jazzy. UConns initially doesn't make her top 6. They she expands its to a top 8 to include UConn and Tenn. Then she cuts it back to 6 but SC is cut and UConn survives? All in the course of 2-3 months?

I don't begrudge her at all, I would imagine its very difficult to make a list and stick to it at this age with it being such a big decision. I am just curious whats going on behind the scenes that influencing the changes.

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken, but I thought that Jazzy dropped SC and Tenn when she cut her list from 8 to 6 about 1-2 weeks ago.
Actually she left UConn off the first reported list of 6 "ABOUT 1-2 WEEKS AGO." Then, she clearly added UConn back on a few days later. Then, there was a lot of confusion over the holiday weekend as to whether she was cutting SCar off the list or whether it was actually a list of seven. It appears to have been clarified this week that SCar is out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sources are wbbblog based on a Shane Laflin report a week or so ago when she cut her list to six including SCar. That initial list did not include UConn. Then, a few days later, UConn was back on the list. Apparently, SCar was dropped at that time.

It seems pretty fuzzy, but I generally trust Raoul.

The addition of UConn to Jazzy's lists of interests was immediately after Geno signed a contract extension

Just a reminder that this is a UConn only recruiting thread. Start a South Carolina thread on the General board, please

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you have information on a recruit, please start a new thread for that recruit. Reply to a recruit's thread until it's roughly three weeks old.

Reason: When this site is indexed by search engines the thread title with the recruits name and a sentence or two is what shows up in search results.

When someone searches for a recruit I want the boneyard to show up as high as possible in the search results.

Also - I check the server logs daily. Catch all recruiting threads are often the last thread visitors read before leaving the site. It's information overload for all but die hard fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek