UConn (only) Recruiting Speculation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are y’all’s thoughts on Robinson? I’ve heard from a few BYers that we were looking good for her but nothing I’ve seen on her socials has done anything to suggest that.

Reaction Score
What are y’all’s thoughts on Robinson? I’ve heard from a few BYers that we were looking good for her but nothing I’ve seen on her socials has done anything to suggest that.
No. 1 2026 recruit Jerzy Robinson knows what she wants in landing spot

I think this article definitely would indicate that UConn is one of the top options for Jerry Robinson. She says that UConn, South Carolina, and LSU are the schools that have stood out so far. She also said when picking a program she’s considering offensive play style, how they’re doing in tournaments, coaching, what other players are coming in, the support system and building me as a woman in the world. She wants faithful people and a faithful organization (I kind of took this to mean that she would want a program and/or coach with Christian beliefs). Kind of just going off of that, I could definitely see her being more drawn to Dawn Staley at South Carolina rather than UConn.

Reaction Score

I think this article definitely would indicate that UConn is one of the top options for Jerry Robinson. She says that UConn, South Carolina, and LSU are the schools that have stood out so far. She also said when picking a program she’s considering offensive play style, how they’re doing in tournaments, coaching, what other players are coming in, the support system and building me as a woman in the world. She wants faithful people and a faithful organization (I kind of took this to mean that she would want a program and/or coach with Christian beliefs). Kind of just going off of that, I could definitely see her being more drawn to Dawn Staley at South Carolina rather than UConn.
Mmm yeah I could see that. South Carolina is just as good and much more religion-oriented program wise. Hopefully if she visits we can enlist KK and Jana to pull her over to the Huskies.

If she cares about how schools do in tournaments, she should watch us go to the FF with 6 people. ;) Just sayin’.

Reaction Score

I've linked to 2025 Global Rankings, where we can see Gandy Malou-Mamel in second place. In first place is Lena Bilic from Croatia, a perimeter player (small winger) with a physique similar to that of Jazzy Davidson and playing in much the same position. We should see her next weekend at the U17 World Cup alongside Olivia Vukosa. You can also click on the More+ tab at the top of the page, located to the right of the 2025 Global Rankings tab, which opens a drop-down menu for past years, 2023, 2022 and 2021, with Jana at the top in 2023.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Thanks so much for both of these rankings. Great to see Gandy in 2nd place. Prawl lower than I would have thought at 12, but the real surprise is no Lara, she should be somewhere near the top and is class of 25.

Reaction Score
I have pretty much only seen Olivia Vukosa repost/share Texas WBB content on her social media for the last several months. Not sure if anyone else has noticed that or not. I was feeling pretty confident UConn could get her, now I’m not so sure. Unless she has some sort of Texas connection I don’t know about!

Reaction Score
I have pretty much only seen Olivia Vukosa repost/share Texas WBB content on her social media for the last several months. Not sure if anyone else has noticed that or not. I was feeling pretty confident UConn could get her, now I’m not so sure. Unless she has some sort of Texas connection I don’t know about!
What is she sharing/posting? 2 of her most recent three IG posts are about Nika and Stewie respectively and she follows UConnWBB but not Texas WBB on IG as well.

None of this means anything but it certainly not true that she has only shared ro reported Texas WBB content on social media when she collaborated on on post about Nika 5 days ago.

Reaction Score

Don't know why you are being so negative. UCONN has near as good of a chance as anyone to get the super recruits including Jazzy. No advatge etc - juts a good shot as anyone. Things might even go up if they win the title. Why would you think if UCONN won or outperformed that they couldn't have just as good of a chance to get Jerzy as SoCar? You have heard some of Paige's post games, the leader of UCONN, and among a super popular player nationally, how would that be a turnoff to Jerzy?

I'll make a speculation; if UCONN Wins it All they are getting at least one of the The Big O or Jerzy (unless they get a super recruit or 2 next year). It's also possible Jasmine Davidson goes to SoCar and I'm not sure Jerzy would follow Jazzy.

Reaction Score

Why? None of those things are missing at UConn or, for that matter, exclusive to SC! In fact, UConn would certainly grade out as the best of those three in offensive play style, and imo anyway, in coaching, support system, players coming in (and present), and in building her as a woman of the world! ( It is well known that UConn graduates are universally respected and sought after in the professional leagues) Now, although I would rate UConn as clearly at the top of those three schools, I recognize that others may differ. However, there is certainly no reason to think that SC, or any other school for that matter, would have an advantage in any of the criteria mentioned in your post! That’s not to say she won’t choose one of those other schools, but if she does, it certainly won’t be due to their superiority in of those criteria!

Reaction Score
My spidey sense tells me that 3 recruits is probable for next year, but 4 is only a possibility. This may mean choosing between Lara and Jazzy and in such a case I'd choose Lara. A lot of assumptions going into this which don't all need to be spelled out here, but one of them is that Geno may prefer to keep the team to 14 scholarships.
I like both LARA and Jazzy D. But I have been following Lara Somfai for years! I got
on the Jazzy Davidson more closely since watching her quality play in the recent FIBA
tournament. GOLD MEDAL!!

Reaction Score
Don't know why you are being so negative. UCONN has near as good of a chance as anyone to get the super recruits including Jazzy. No advatge etc - juts a good shot as anyone. Things might even go up if they win the title. Why would you think if UCONN won or outperformed that they couldn't have just as good of a chance to get Jerzy as SoCar? You have heard some of Paige's post games, the leader of UCONN, and among a super popular player nationally, how would that be a turnoff to Jerzy?
I don’t think I was being negative lol. I was simply saying that Uconn and South Carolina are similar in many aspects. They both have a championship culture, both have outstanding coaching staff, etc. All of those things would obviously draw in Jerzy to both programs, but where South Carolina might have the edge over UConn is on the “faithful” side of things. That’s not to say that faith and belief in God don’t exist at UConn and within the program, I just thing there is more of an emphasis on it within the South Carolina program. Not sure it is a deciding factor for Jerzy choosing UConn or not, just something to speculate about!

Reaction Score
What is she sharing/posting? 2 of her most recent three IG posts are about Nika and Stewie respectively and she follows UConnWBB but not Texas WBB on IG as well.

None of this means anything but it certainly not true that she has only shared ro reported Texas WBB content on social media when she collaborated on on post about Nika 5 days ago.
Yes 2 of her most recent posts are about former UConn players that’s true. But I think the Croatian connection with Nika and the New York connection with Stewie that influenced those posts rather than because they both went to UConn. I was more so referring to the things she shares to her Instagram story. I just find it interesting that I don’t see her sharing any recruiting or transfer news posted by the UConn WBB account, but if she does share anything posted by a women’s college basketball team it has almost exclusively only been Texas stuff. Anyway, just something I noticed that makes me feel less confident about getting her! Obviously we can’t count her out because sometimes social media is misleading

Reaction Score
I don’t think I was being negative lol. I was simply saying that Uconn and South Carolina are similar in many aspects. They both have a championship culture, both have outstanding coaching staff, etc. All of those things would obviously draw in Jerzy to both programs, but where South Carolina might have the edge over UConn is on the “faithful” side of things. That’s not to say that faith and belief in God don’t exist at UConn and within the program, I just thing there is more of an emphasis on it within the South Carolina program. Not sure it is a deciding factor for Jerzy choosing UConn or not, just something to speculate about!

Paige and a number of other players on the team are extremely faith based. Paige talks about God it seems like almost after every post-game interview, and I know the players have mentioned a lot of them go to church together.

Just because maybe Geno doesn't talk about it, doesn't mean it doesnt run throughout the program. I'm sure that won't be an issue for Ms. Robinson if that's what she's looking for.

Reaction Score
Yes 2 of her most recent posts are about former UConn players that’s true. But I think the Croatian connection with Nika and the New York connection with Stewie that influenced those posts rather than because they both went to UConn. I was more so referring to the things she shares to her Instagram story. I just find it interesting that I don’t see her sharing any recruiting or transfer news posted by the UConn WBB account, but if she does share anything posted by a women’s college basketball team it has almost exclusively only been Texas stuff. Anyway, just something I noticed that makes me feel less confident about getting her! Obviously we can’t count her out because sometimes social media is misleading
Sarah Strong wasn’t following UCONNWBB IG account when she was being recruited, but she was following the UNC one, so social media is definitely not a tell tale sign. Vukosa has been to UCONN on two visits so far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige and a number of other players on the team are extremely faith based. Paige talks about God it seems like almost after every post-game interview, and I know the players have mentioned a lot of them go to church together.

Just because maybe Geno doesn't talk about it, doesn't mean it doesnt run throughout the program. I'm sure that won't be an issue for Ms. Robinson if that's what she's looking for.
Rings R Us- - - You beat me to it!
I was going to mention that Paige and other players on UConn have talked publicly about their faith and how it's gotten them through the tough times of the past 3 years!

Reaction Score
Very weird that she is sharing things posted by the official Texas account when she doesn't follow them and isn't committed to them. I've never seen a player share things from the official team account until they are committed to be honest.

Reaction Score
Very weird that she is sharing things posted by the official Texas account when she doesn't follow them and isn't committed to them. I've never seen a player share things from the official team account until they are committed to be honest.
Yeah it is super strange! Which makes me wonder if she’s planning to commit or if there is some sort of connection there (like she’s just a fan of Texas WBB or if there’s some sort of family connection to the coach staff, etc). Maybe she’s doing it to throw everyone off lol

Reaction Score
Yeah it is super strange! Which makes me wonder if she’s planning to commit or if there is some sort of connection there (like she’s just a fan of Texas WBB or if there’s some sort of family connection to the coach staff, etc). Maybe she’s doing it to throw everyone off lol

Or maybe it's just someone on social media.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
i don't know jazzy, but if she's astute enough to do this as a gibe at social media aficionados, i'm impressed.

Reaction Score
But why wouldn't she follow them if she was a fan and constantly resharing their posts? I personally haven't seen her share anything Texas WBB related on social media so I am a little confused by this tbh.

Reaction Score
I appreciate and fully understand your point of view, however, Geno recently compared himself to Father Flannigan (when compared to Dan Hurley). I say advantage UConn.

Reaction Score
But why wouldn't she follow them if she was a fan and constantly resharing their posts? I personally haven't seen her share anything Texas WBB related on social media so I am a little confused by this tbh.
She shared Aaliyah Crump’s commitment to Texas onto her Instagram story earlier this week. I know she also shared something when Madison Booker won the Cheryl Miller award. The other times she shared something were during the season so I can’t remember specifically what shared. I’d estimate it was at least 5-7 posts from Texas WBB she’s shared. Anyway to bring it back to speculation, it makes me think that Texas could be who UConn is competing against to get her. I do think her taking several visits to Uconn is definitely a good sign for us though!

Reaction Score
Anyway to bring it back to speculation, it makes me think that Texas could be who UConn is competing against to get her. I do think her taking several visits to Uconn is definitely a good sign for us though!
If she has a long enough memory, Charley Collier ought to be a cautionary tale for Olivia. A big who opted for Texas over UConn and subsequently fizzled at the next level. I’m more inclined to think it reflects more on Texas than on Charley. Maybe Vic has improved their coaching of bigs, though his strength seems to be in working with guards and forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom