UConn (only) Recruiting (only) Speculation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) Recruiting (only) Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So it's plausible that Duke and Stanford on finalists only to please her parents and grandparents. Just like the US recruit who keeps her home state university on her list.
Certainly possible. We can hope that is the case!

Reaction Score
UConn is absolutely an excellent university academically. I'd rank it next to the best of the UC system or UNC or UVa or UMich. And these schools compare very well to the top private schools academically, at least for undergrads.
yes UConn is an excellent academic University but no way are we UNC Chapel Hill or UVa. Their waiting lists to get in are valedictorians

Reaction Score
yes UConn is an excellent academic University but no way are we UNC Chapel Hill or UVa. Their waiting lists to get in are valedictorians
The grass is always greener. My daughter graduated from UC Berkeley two years ago and found much of her experience to be disappointing. Her experience is probably comparable to UNC and UVa. .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
F52E2440-9843-4E42-A9ED-1FD4857A0A74.jpeg

Reaction Score
The grass is always greener. My daughter graduated from UC Berkeley two years ago and found much of her experience to be disappointing. Her experience is probably comparable to UNC and UVa. .
My daughter really enjoyed her experience at UNC, graduating 4 years ago, and she really enjoyed all of it. The friend group she made there were from all over the country and they are extremely tight today.

Reaction Score
Maybe I had missed it over the last few weeks, but Azzi Fudd is now following Lara Somfai on Instagram. Might not mean much as Lara still has to visit Duke and Stanford, but I love to see that she is following most of the UConn team and a lot of the team is following her!

Reaction Score
Maybe I had missed it over the last few weeks, but Azzi Fudd is now following Lara Somfai on Instagram. Might not mean much as Lara still has to visit Duke and Stanford, but I love to see that she is following most of the UConn team and a lot of the team is following her!
hopefully it's not the Kiki situation, where Azzi/PB follow and get followed back and she chooses USC lmao.

Reaction Score
hopefully it's not the Kiki situation, where Azzi/PB follow and get followed back and she chooses USC lmao.
I feel like this situation might be a little different. I feel like Azzi/PB following Kiki (and Raegan Beers) was more of a “Hey, come to Uconn. We’re interested.” Sort of follow. Where with Lara Somfai there was obviously interest on her part first because she took the visit there in the first place and then the follows from the team came after.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Careful there. my cousin is a UC Berkeley prof. Sort of emeritus but doing one class. One of my sons is a UMich grad who chose it over UVa. UConn isn’t viewed at that level, but like in most of academia, what you choose to study varies all over the place not to mention how much a student puts into it. But UConn is a fine public university.

Reaction Score
I feel like this situation might be a little different. I feel like Azzi/PB following Kiki (and Raegan Beers) was more of a “Hey, come to Uconn. We’re interested.” Sort of follow. Where with Lara Somfai there was obviously interest on her part first because she took the visit there in the first place and then the follows from the team came after.

Beers visited Uconn before OK. So she had to have some kind of interest.

Reaction Score
Careful there. my cousin is a UC Berkeley prof. Sort of emeritus but doing one class. One of my sons is a UMich grad who chose it over UVa. UConn isn’t viewed at that level, but like in most of academia, what you choose to study varies all over the place not to mention how much a student puts into it. But UConn is a fine public university.
As a prof approaching retirement myself, with experience of a few state universities including in the UC, what I mainly know is how uneven university education really is. When I was at UCI, I noticed that the undergrads couldn’t tell the difference between the tenured faculty and the adjuncts and grad student TAs. This is mainly because they hardly ever see the tenured faculty. My daughter reported this to be the same at Berkeley even now. Very few of her classmates had actually met a professor.

Grad students have a different experience of course. But that’s not relevant to this discussion.

This is why I don’t think UConn is significantly different from the top state universities academically. The undergrads will mainly be working with TAs and adjuncts. I’m sure there’s lots of other things to distinguish these schools in terms of extracurriculars and social life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom