UConn (only) Recruiting (only) Speculation | The Boneyard

UConn (only) Recruiting (only) Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No lineup analysis, please. Use one of the other 3,563 threads for that.

UConn recruiting speculation welcome here!

Reaction Score
Does Geno actually have a chance to lure 2025 Aaliyah Crump out of Iowa, or is the Lisa Bluder’s prospect to lose?

Reaction Score
Does Geno actually have a chance to lure 2025 Aaliyah Crump out of Iowa, or is the Lisa Bluder’s prospect to lose?

Crump is from Minnesota. Divine Bourrage, however, is from Iowa. Currently ranked #4 in ‘25, while Crump is #5.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Crump is from Minnesota. Divine Bourrage, however, is from Iowa. Currently ranked #4 in ‘25, while Crump is #5.
What position do they play?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting point I hadn’t considered. This statement isn’t about anyone in particular and isn’t even by a UConn fan.

D674705F-CACB-40FD-9166-C82AC01C96D8.jpeg

Reaction Score
Interesting point I hadn’t considered. This statement isn’t about anyone in particular and isn’t even a UConn fan.

View attachment 100133
This is why I advise my Juniors & Seniors in High School to figure out their top 3 majors, THEN choose their University that has all three, so if they want to change majors they will NOT get crushed financially with needing a minimum of credits at the gaining school to earn a degree there...

This is why it works FOR those graduate transfers. I am exceedingly joyful that our own grads [AZZI & PAIGE] are staying @ UConn!!!

That should be reason enough for Beers to choose UConn!

Go Huskies (and soon-to-be Huskies)!!!

Reaction Score
Interesting point I hadn’t considered. This statement isn’t about anyone in particular and isn’t even by a UConn fan.

View attachment 100133
I had long assumed this was a major reason why so many kids who entered the portal didn’t succeed. It may have little to do with their basketball skills. Credits don’t often line up well between schools, and registrars (at the behest of faculty senates) will often reject coursework they (often erroneously) to be inferior to their own course offerings.

Reaction Score
GA has plenty of wings for the next 2-3 years and I doubt that Crump has an offer. If Bueckers and Griffin leave after next season that leaves him 4 spots to fill unless he brings in a portal commitment of two years. That would leave 3. He has Gandy and Fisher coming and at least 2 offers out there in Somfai and McGaughy, both of whom can play a wing if he wants. So I think the shelves are stocked.

Reaction Score

Well… there it is folks.

Makes sense.. She wanted to stay in Cali and find a school with both academics and a good basketball program. I don't see anyone besides maybe UCLA beating USC on the Pac 12 conference next year so they are definitely headed to the NCAA tournament as favorites. Maybe even one of the four 1 seeds.

Reaction Score
Makes sense.. She wanted to stay in Cali and find a school with both academics and a good basketball program. I don't see anyone besides maybe UCLA beating USC on the Pac 12 conference next year so they are definitely headed to the NCAA tournament as favorites. Maybe even one of the four 1 seeds.
They are in the Big 10. No more Pac 12.

Reactions: PvP

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Not happening in the Pac 12.

Reactions: PvP
Reaction Score
I thought she'd go to ND, be a good fit for her and them. She'll help USC, of course, and being close to home is nice. We wish you the best, Kiki.

Reaction Score
Likely this move had little to do with academics since she was transferring from one of the best schools in the US. Unlike many transfers, I can see the logic in Kiki going after a national championship. The only downside is that she will be playing with a volume scorer in Juju-high chance that Kiki will touch the ball less and her numbers will go down. Kiki is a strong enough player that this probably doesn't matter to her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From a purely biased standpoint, I’m much happier with Iriafen at SC than the other SC. Certainly, the Trojans will be a formidable team with Watkins, Iriafen and a talented group of freshmen. Had she ended up in Columbia, Iriafen would have made a loaded Gamecock team the odds-on favorite to win it all again.

Reaction Score
Likely this move had little to do with academics since she was transferring from one of the best schools in the US. Unlike many transfers, I can see the logic in Kiki going after a national championship. The only downside is that she will be playing with a volume scorer in Juju-high chance that Kiki will touch the ball less and her numbers will go down. Kiki is a strong enough player that this probably doesn't matter to her.
Nope, the one thing I learned last year watching her is that she’s smart and will quickly figure it out. That’s why I said earlier, she’s got at least one title in her future. I just believe next year is our year, so it will be without Kiki when she does do it.

Reaction Score
The only downside is that she will be playing with a volume scorer in Juju-high chance that Kiki will touch the ball less and her numbers will go down.
I think you’re right about Kiki’s thinking. But I’m not convinced her numbers will go down. They may even go up playing next to Juju, who is also a very clever player. She was the featured player on an otherwise limited team and must have seen the value of creating opportunities for Forbes and Marshall, as well as felt the frustration of not being able to carry that team all the way by herself. Now she’ll be playing with a possible #1 draft pick, a player a cut above everyone else on the team but herself. Juju will want to grow her already impressive game and Kiki will likely be the beneficiary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom