UConn on ESPN Game Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn on ESPN Game Day

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Someone had suggested cancelling the TN game to reschedule DePaul.

AAAGH! that "Someone" would be me.

And, it was in the context of finding a date that would work for both teams.

It seemed logical to me that cancelling the TN game would be the best choice since it is an OOC; whereas, the DePaul game must be played as it is an Big East Conference game.

As it is, the revamped schedule has UCONN playing 6 games in a 14 day period.

With a thin squad, some of whom are returning from injury, I think my plan would have been the wisest choice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So that would exclude a game in Columbia why? We are only halfway through the schedule and only 1 game has been announced.

Speaking of homer announcers, there is Rebecca Lobo. ;) Debbie Antonelli lives in SC and I’d rather listen to anybody in the world announce a SC game than her.
Lobo is pretty even handed, now Renee Montgomery might be a different story

Reaction Score
Lobo is pretty even handed, now Renee Montgomery might be a different story
Lobo is even handed unless UConn is playing. :rolleyes: Otherwise, she’s pretty good and she seems to love Boston, which is ok by me. Antonelli Is like listening to somebody’s fingernails scraping down a chalkboard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lobo is even handed unless UConn is playing. :rolleyes: Otherwise, she’s pretty good and she seems to love Boston, which is ok by me. Antonelli Is like listening to somebody’s fingernails scraping down a chalkboard.
Yeah, this may be a personal bias thing, but I don’t hear any preference for UConn and Rebecca’s commentary. Don’t get me wrong, she loves the program and everything it’s meant to her throughout her life, but, on air at least, she seems balanced to me.

On a semi-related note, I laugh when I hear fans of other programs, talk about things like how ESPN is biased towards the University of Connecticut, when its history has shown just the opposite, but that’s neither here nor there.

Rebecca loves Boston? Shocking! What’s not to like? She is a phenomenal player. As a post player, I am sure that Lobo is particularly attentive to post play, and the battles that happen before the ball ever getting to the paint.

Reaction Score
Rebecca, like Kara, loves the big girls. It’s always her focus, whatever team they’re on. I love hearing her insights. I also love when she teases Andraya Carter for “talking that guard talk.”

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rebecca, like Kara, loves the big girls. It’s always her focus, whatever team they’re on. I love hearing her insights. I also love when she teases Andraya Carter for “talking that guard talk.”
Becca and Andraya have a good chemistry between them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom