UConn on ESPN Game Day | The Boneyard

UConn on ESPN Game Day

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I assume that Gameday is limited to ABC/ESPN and that SCar at UConn (FOX) would not be shown :(

Please tell me I'm wrong.
South Carolina would be a good place for GameDay with the enthusiastic fan support that they have.

CL82

Reaction Score
The game is at the XL Center in Hartford
Yep, I was just saying generally.

South Carolina has done a terrific job of supporting woman’s basketball, and in particular, providing very inexpensive tickets to the woman’s games to build up a fan base. It would be a worthy GameDay location.

Reaction Score
Ugh..I just can't listen to Peck for more than 3 seconds.
Especially during a SC game. I don't think I have ever seen such gushing from an announcer. She just can't hide her bias at all. It's embarrassing.....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I assume that Gameday is limited to ABC/ESPN and that SCar at UConn (FOX) would not be shown :(

Please tell me I'm wrong.
Game Day is in Connecticut before the Tennessee game. But, yes, the South Carolina game is on Fox

Reaction Score
The game is at the XL Center in Hartford
With our devoted fans, that is a 15% boost in scoring and a strong impetus to win the game. I have faith that this will be our 10th win against S. Carolina and a doorway to Uconn's no. 12 NC. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Yep, I was just saying generally.

South Carolina has done a terrific job of supporting woman’s basketball, and in particular, providing very inexpensive tickets to the woman’s games to build up a fan base. It would be a worthy GameDay location.
Assuming South Carolina and LSU keep winning (not necessarily both undefeated), I would expect that to be a Gameday possibility -near the end of the season

CL82

Reaction Score
Assuming South Carolina and LSU keep winning (not necessarily both undefeated), I would expect that to be a Gameday possibility -near the end of the season
Not so sure about that because I think there is a big leading time towards scheduling it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Especially during a SC game. I don't think I have ever seen such gushing from an announcer. She just can't hide her bias at all. It's embarrassing.....
I guess you haven't listened to Deb Antonelli on ANY ACC game but especially any ND or NC State game. She's a downright arrogant "know it all" and how dare anyone question her. On Sunday's ND-NC telecast she was vocally lobbying to be added to the "rules committee" to go back to the 1 and 1 foul shooting instead of 2 free throws after 5 fouls in any quarter. Why do we need to have the "losing team" benefit by fouling to only allow 1 foul shot when they didn't do their job during the first 38 min of a game that the team ahead gets penalized? But yes, PECK is also very, very irritating to listen to on any SEC game. You know she's won a title as a coach and is being inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame right? :rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I guess you haven't listened to Deb Antonelli on ANY ACC game but especially any ND or NC State game. She's a downright arrogant "know it all" and how dare anyone question her. On Sunday's ND-NC telecast she was vocally lobbying to be added to the "rules committee" to go back to the 1 and 1 foul shooting instead of 2 free throws after 5 fouls in any quarter. Why do we need to have the "losing team" benefit by fouling to only allow 1 foul shot when they didn't do their job during the first 38 min of a game that the team ahead gets penalized? But yes, PECK is also very, very irritating to listen to on any SEC game. You know she's won a title as a coach and is being inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame right? :rolleyes:
Don't remind me. They beat Rutgers in the elite 8 that year, I personally don't think she is that good of a coach. She had her predecessor(s) players and she has a rah-rah style that (along with ref whining) is one of the things I don't like in a coach. Brenda is another rah-rah coach, but they are the only 2 with that style that I can think of with National Championships. (Jody Conradt would be a good example of a whiner that won one, although she is an exception to my disliking the type).

Reaction Score
Game Day is in Connecticut before the Tennessee game. But, yes, the South Carolina game is on Fox
Game Day will be at Tennessee. ESPN can't televise home UCONN games because of our affiliation with the Big East, which of course, has a deal with Fox.

Fox really needs to up its women's basketball coverage and hire some talent and invest. They've got the goose that laid the golden egg, UCONN, and they're about to have exclusive rights to the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Sports media is so freaking big now. Thousands of games worthy of being televised. The media rights costs are crazy big though. There are a lots of sports industries where the media rights almost the total value of that industry.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think there is a big lead time in the game days are set up well in advance.

Reaction Score
Why would they cancel it, the DePaul game is on the 23rd the Monday before the Tennessee game.
Someone had suggested cancelling the TN game to reschedule DePaul.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was thinking of mentioning Antonelli. She's pretty bad also. I think she actually has a dislike for UConn and Geno. Like, she seriously doesn't like them at all.

Reaction Score
I think there is a big lead time in the game days are set up well in advance.
So that would exclude a game in Columbia why? We are only halfway through the schedule and only 1 game has been announced.

Speaking of homer announcers, there is Rebecca Lobo. ;) Debbie Antonelli lives in SC and I’d rather listen to anybody in the world announce a SC game than her.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was thinking of mentioning Antonelli. She's pretty bad also. I think she actually has a dislike for UConn and Geno. Like, she seriously doesn't like them at all.

What gave that away? I can't believe she's in the HOF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom