UConn officially on the Bubble | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn officially on the Bubble

Reaction Score
That is not the case anymore with the NIT. The NCAA runs it and they actually have a selection process so I would not say the NIT is a lock just yet.
It is

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have zero chance at an at large bid.

However if you want to root for something that might get UConn a bubble mention on Sunday, we are 3-6 vs. Quad 1 (Top 50) teams. Beat WSU and Cincy to get to the title game and lose to Houston (Tulsa won't be top 50), gets us to 5-7 vs Quad 1.

That would be bubble worthy had we not lost to St. Joes, been horrible on the road vs average teams, and finished fifth behind the three other AAC bubble teams.

If you want to wish for what might have been, two more preferably road/nuetral wins vs quality opponents likely would have put us in at 6-6 vs the Top 50, even with St Joes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We're the NIT equivelent of Duke or UNC. Our presence means eyeballs and dollars. The NCAA always bows down to the almighty buck.

They don't do that anymore, allegedly. No matter the AAC should get 3 NIT bids. We'll be one of them.

Reaction Score
UConn is mid-pack NIT right now, think somewhere 5-6 seed. That said, the difference in NIT is they give auto bids to any conference champ that didnt win the conference tourney - think Northern Iowa. So depending on how that shakes out, determines other seeding options. But as of today, we are solidly in the NIT field.

Reaction Score
Dratings.com has us as a 2 seed along with Memphis and Cinci as a 1 seed right now

Reaction Score
So who says we are officially on the bubble. A boneyarder? That makes it official? We won't be on the bubble unless we win 3 in the AAC tournament.
As of today, they are 69 RPI ranking...gonna call that the bubble.

Reaction Score
One game at a time fellow fans. Let's just beat Tulane on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
I can’t agree more. As much as I would love to see us playing on Sunday. I have to take it one game at time. Let’s beat Tulane on Thursday to take on WSU on Friday. I’m trying my hardest to not put the cart before the horse.

Reaction Score
What matters is that we have a chance . Before the Akok injury I thought this team would win the AAC tournament , nothing's changed except the fact that it'll much more difficult , special. We have a chance here to be part of a historically magical underdog type story . I know , I know , it's crazy . I'm not expecting this to happen but to have hope that it can , to feel it happening while its building...... I love it. It's here , I cannot wait for Thursday , Saturday , Sunday and next Friday night. Let's go Huskies !

Reaction Score
We have zero chance at an at large bid.

However if you want to root for something that might get UConn a bubble mention on Sunday, we are 3-6 vs. Quad 1 (Top 50) teams. Beat WSU and Cincy to get to the title game and lose to Houston (Tulsa won't be top 50), gets us to 5-7 vs Quad 1.

That would be bubble worthy had we not lost to St. Joes, been horrible on the road vs average teams, and finished fifth behind the three other AAC bubble teams.

If you want to wish for what might have been, two more preferably road/nuetral wins vs quality opponents likely would have put us in at 6-6 vs the Top 50, even with St Joes.

The St. Joe's debacle we could overcome.

What we can't overcome is losing 5-6 close games back when we were relying on Gilbert and Vital hero-ball at the end of games.

Reaction Score
Our Tulane win dropped us one spot from 49 to 50 in the KenPom.

Reaction Score
Why does ESPN have Memphis and Tulsa listed under “work to do” (aka bubble teams), yet no mention of UConn?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What we can't overcome is losing 5-6 close games back when we were relying on Gilbert and Vital hero-ball at the end of games.
Who had post #87 for this?

(Doesn't count if you phrased it "...back when nobody else wanted the ball to take key shots under 4 minutes.")

Reaction Score
Because the only thing we could possibly do to get in is win the AAC tourney, so it's not worth mentioning.
Tulsa’s NET is like 15 spots lower than ours, and we are neck and neck with Memphis. Just saying if they are going to put them on the bubble, we should be too.

Reaction Score
Joe Lunardi (like him or not) actually mentioned UConn in a bubble conversation that was discussing the American as one of only 2/3 conferences he believes bubble teams come from. Something to the effect of "WSU, Tulsa, Cincy, and even UConn are trying to make the case right now for an at large". Take it for what you want...still think we need to win the AACT to get in.

Edit: No link, sorry - On Seth Greenberg/Dan Dakich Podcast...where they spent the majority of the time talking about Indiana, go figure.

Reaction Score
Three games we should have actually won: SJU, Indiana and Xavier. We wins those and a game or two in the AAC Tournament we get an at large. Probably a 1% chance we can fet an at large right now, but we have as good a shot as any to win the conference tournament. Can’t leave it to chance.

Reaction Score
Three games we should have actually won: SJU, Indiana and Xavier. We wins those and a game or two in the AAC Tournament we get an at large. Probably a 1% chance we can fet an at large right now, but we have as good a shot as any to win the conference tournament. Can’t leave it to chance.
What people forget about the Xavier game is had we won, we would have faced Florida, not Miami. Not saying we wouldn't have won, but can't just assume we would have. I think the two that hurt more are Houston and Nova, as they were both road games and both games we had under control until late game meltdowns. Those two plus Indiana and I think we would be in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom