UConn officially on the Bubble | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn officially on the Bubble

Reaction Score
Right. There's somewhere between 10-13 teams we'd need to jump. While the metrics are decent, the resume of Q1 wins (and bad losses) just isn't that good and pretty much only two wins over WSU/Houston/Cincy will make the kind of difference to move that needle up.
Well luckily for our bubble hopes, we'd play all 3 in the tournament right now. But one game at a time and gotta beat Tulane first

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
So who says we are officially on the bubble. A boneyarder? That makes it official? We won't be on the bubble unless we win 3 in the AAC tournament.
3 wins gets us on the bubble and in the NIT. 4 Wins gets us really on the bubble and probably in the NIT. Win the AAC, we're dancing.

Reaction Score
We are playing with house money now, enjoy it! This team will be UCONN, take of business on the court, win the AAC TOURNEY and don’t put your fate in the hands in the committee. #whynotus? #hungryhuskies #beacoffeebean

Reaction Score
I think we are safely in the NIT no matter what happens next. One more win really locks it up.
Yup I’d agree, just in response to the guy who though we need 3 wins to get into the NIT

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
They key to doing that will be out-scoring our opponent in every game.
Yeah if we win the AAC tournament we “should” have a good chance to make the tournament. I am in agreement with you. Well said.

Reaction Score
Yeah if we win the AAC tournament we “should” have a good chance to make the tournament. I am in agreement with you. Well said.
I don't know, the coronavirus may stop the whole thing

Reaction Score
I think we are in NIT as of this second. Prolly 80% in. If we slip against Tulane - we might be back on nit bubble. We beat Tulane , deff In. I don’t see us getting an at-large - unless we win tourney obviously. however , if we do beat Wichita State and cincy in fairly convincing fashion , you’d have to think we leapfrog both of them and onto the tourney bubble - and let’s say we lose a tight one to Houston in overtime In the championship , that is only small way I see us getting an at- large without winning. slight chance of this - maybe 10%.

Reaction Score
Beat Tulane and Wichita State to stay relevant into the weekend and create more buzz around the program. From there let’s just enjoy the ride and the turnaround. Hopeful we can get to Sunday but I think for the future getting to Saturday is important.

Reaction Score
NIT is already a lock....who are you guys kidding. The NIT is all about getting as many big programs in so that part is done.....LOCK. We need Tulane and Wichita State to get on the bubble, 3 wins to get a 50/50 shot of getting in.

Reaction Score
people seem to have forgotten wichita and cincy are bubble teams when talking about how big bad and scary they are. houston is the class of the aac, we don't wanna see them until the finals. this is a good thing

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
people seem to have forgotten wichita and cincy are bubble teams when talking about how big bad and scary they are. houston is the class of the aac, we don't wanna see them until the finals. this is a good thing
We can beat anyone and we're gonna have to in order to win the whole thing. SMU might scare me the second most after Houston tbh. You have to think that Houston is happy to avoid us as well though.

Reaction Score
NIT is already a lock....who are you guys kidding. The NIT is all about getting as many big programs in so that part is done.....LOCK. We need Tulane and Wichita State to get on the bubble, 3 wins to get a 50/50 shot of getting in.
That is not the case anymore with the NIT. The NCAA runs it and they actually have a selection process so I would not say the NIT is a lock just yet.

Reaction Score
We can beat anyone and we're gonna have to in order to win the whole thing. SMU might scare me the second most after Houston tbh. You have to think that Houston is happy to avoid us as well though.
I think the the key that sparked our run in the 2011 Big East Tournament was the fact that when we beat Depaul in round 1, It was stress free and we didn’t have to exert ourselves too much right out of the gate. That is what Im hoping for when we play Tulane again on Thursday. With us being so short handed as it is, I really hope we can just roll over them and kind of just cruise in the second half. Based in what we saw today, that will not be easy.

Wichita does scare me in round 2, I know its a payback game and we owe them one, but they are playing good basketball right now. Wichita St opened February losing 3 straight, but they went on to close the season winning 6 out of 8 with a convincing win vs Tulsa today.

Reaction Score
That is not the case anymore with the NIT. The NCAA runs it and they actually have a selection process so I would not say the NIT is a lock just yet.
A loss to Tulane might keep us out if there is absolute chaos. 20 wins and a loss to Wichita would not.

Reaction Score
A loss to Tulane might keep us out if there is absolute chaos. 20 wins and a loss to Wichita would not.
We are in the NIT now. Not even a question. Let’s troll for bigger fish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom