UConn officially on the Bubble | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn officially on the Bubble

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
"officially"

giphy.gif
My snark aside ...

The bubble really consists of last four in - first four out - next four out. According to all the bracket projections I've seen we aren't that. But we are definitely not far off, looking at KenPom and NET rankings for those that are. If you expand the "bubble" to include those that should be under consideration for those bubble slots, then yes, we are in that list. If the kingmakers take into account late season performance we'd be in good shape there as well.

I'm not convinced we can't be in that mix if we don't win the AAC tournament. Getting to the final and a close loss there might do it, dependent also on other outcomes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Well, I think we all pretty much agree that Tulsa won't be there for much longer. Although they'll auto qualify for the NIT. Lunardi also has some 'splainin to do regarding UCLA, SoCarolina and even ASU.

Anyway, there's like 8-9 teams UConn would have to jump to be firmly on the bubble. Right now, I'd put is in the 4th group of "next four out".

Reaction Score
Well, I think we all pretty much agree that Tulsa won't be there for much longer. Although they'll auto qualify for the NIT. Lunardi also has some 'splainin to do regarding UCLA, SoCarolina and even ASU.

Anyway, there's like 8-9 teams UConn would have to jump to be firmly on the bubble. Right now, I'd put is in the 4th group of "next four out".
Houston wins the AAC tourney and it’s a 1 bid league.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
We need to win the AAC to get in. I think if we get to the championship, and depending on who we beat on the way, we will be on the bubble. Hitting stride at the right time for sure. It is a shame we are not full strength.

Reaction Score
You far over-rate this conference and the committee's perception of it.

How some of us still squint to make this conference look like a potential 4-bid league, 7 years going, amazes me.
You missed the math or I missed the opportunity to explain this better. But to my point, only 2 but 3 max will get in to NCAA's dependingonmatch up. Only Houston or Wichita are close to locks.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Hearing two things that hurts us
-games in November count the same as March
-record on the road.
I think we come up a bit short on both of those
The win at Houston was great but we beat 20 something ranked team at home. Those upsets happen all the time.
Happy to be wrong but my objective take.

Reaction Score
Those 2 games still piss me off to no end. Definitely should have won both. Huskies played like crap against Indiana and were still in it until the end. If those games were played today I have no doubt UConn wins both.
We are literally 2 3-pointers away from being 20-10 right now. Xavier’s prayer, and one other game, forgot which one, up 3, gave up a game tying 3 with 16 seconds left. Frustrating, but glad to see during the end of the year these guys closing out games

Reaction Score
So let's say we win the whole thing, because I don't think just two more wins in this tournament will get us an at-large. Who, besides maybe Houston, gets an at-large bid?
Only Wichita State has 3 wins over P5 teams Oklahoma and South Carolina which are worth something. They have the win over Oklahoma State as well. Not sure if the win over VCU has any value since they've been awful after starting well.

Reaction Score
We just have to keep playing defense and making ft and we will have Naty 5.
All we need are the pieces we have keep playing for each other the way they are now. Have to win every game. We control our own destiny. No brackets needed.

Reaction Score
We just have to keep playing defense and making ft and we will have Naty 5.
All we need are the pieces we have keep playing for each other the way they are now. Have to win every game. We control our own destiny. No brackets needed.
Really love this mindset. With a short-handed team, you honestly have seen this team say, “no excuses, we are gonna take it to everyone”.

C

Chief00

Like Chief tells the kids out on The Grind, play the game in front of you.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That’s not how it works. We will need help.

Right. There's somewhere between 10-13 teams we'd need to jump. While the metrics are decent, the resume of Q1 wins (and bad losses) just isn't that good and pretty much only two wins over WSU/Houston/Cincy will make the kind of difference to move that needle up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom