UConn officially on the Bubble

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Welcome to the BY:

Reaction Score
And this one too...

Reaction Score
The thing is it’s not the best 64. More like the best 48 which with our resume is a stretch. Need a runner up finish at lease with commanding wins.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So who says we are officially on the bubble. A boneyarder? That makes it official? We won't be on the bubble unless we win 3 in the AAC tournament.
I am with you ucp990411. I love the way the Huskies are playing lately now and it bodes well for next year for sure, but they are not on the bubble, at least not yet. They have a bad road record and lost to St. Joe's (6-24 record).

One game at a time fellow fans. Let's just beat Tulane on Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Damn. Look at two of the Last Four In: Xavier and Indiana. Those are two teams UConn should've beat. Naji Marshall hit a hell 3 pter to tie the game-that was from Ray Allen and Stephan Curry distance.
Yup. Gotta think if we flip both those were squarely on the bubble at 20-10

Reaction Score
I feel reasonably confident that winning the AAC tournament will get us in the NCAA
So let's say we win the whole thing, because I don't think just two more wins in this tournament will get us an at-large. Who, besides maybe Houston, gets an at-large bid?

Reaction Score
Uconn and SMU need to win the AAC to get in. Tulsa probably needs to win the AAC or get to championship game. Memphis and Cincinnati may get in with 2 wins in AAC tourney. Houston and Wichita should be fine with one win in tourny. These teams only beat up on each other. No real great out of conference wins. Wichita seems to have the best collection of wins over P5 teams.

Reaction Score
Uconn and SMU need to win the AAC to get in. Tulsa probably needs to win the AAC or get to championship game. Memphis and Cincinnati may get in with 2 wins in AAC tourney. Houston and Wichita should be fine with one win in tourny. These teams only beat up on each other. No real great out of conference wins. Wichita seems to have the best collection of wins over P5 teams.
The AAC is far closer to being 1-bid than 4-bid.

Reaction Score
You far over-rate this conference and the committee's perception of it.

How some of us still squint to make this conference look like a potential 4-bid league, 7 years going, amazes me.

Reaction Score
The AAC is far closer to being 1-bid than 4-bid.
unfortunately yes. I would like to see 4-5 teams from the American because I like the teams and I think they are solid, but that's just not realistic.

Reaction Score
Whether or not people here THINK we should be on the bubble - we are not - at least by any source I've seen. That being said - the Athletic thinks we can win the tourney and be a bid stealer. There is nobody in the AAC bracket that scares me at this point - but we also haven't won enough away from home. As far as I'm concerned - the tournament continues tomorrow. Just keep winning.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
"officially"

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
@gtcam
Agree, a mean enough dog in the fight can write the invite!
This would be a nice going away gift to the conference also. Many predictors have only two AAC teams dancing with us winning they would be forced to go with at least a third.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Damn. Look at two of the Last Four In: Xavier and Indiana. Those are two teams UConn should've beat. Naji Marshall hit a hell 3 pter to tie the game-that was from Ray Allen and Stephan Curry distance.
Those 2 games still piss me off to no end. Definitely should have won both. Huskies played like crap against Indiana and were still in it until the end. If those games were played today I have no doubt UConn wins both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom