UConn officially hires Rehfeldt as S&C coach | The Boneyard

UConn officially hires Rehfeldt as S&C coach

Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it's cool that Cronin personally recommended Rehfeldt to Hurley. Cincy has always been a physical team, so snaring their S/C coach is a big deal.

Some recent success stories: Tre Scott was recruited at 6'7 195 and graduated 6'8 225. He was a BEAST under the boards. Same can be said for Nysier Brooks, who was 6'9 200 when recruited by is now 6'11 240 with a heck of a motor. Both players never had major injury issues in their college careers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it's cool that Cronin personally recommended Rehfeldt to Hurley. Cincy has always been a physical team, so snaring their S/C coach is a big deal.

Some recent success stories: Tre Scott was recruited at 6'7 195 and graduated 6'8 225. He was a BEAST under the boards.
Did cronin leave Cincy on good terms, or was this a middle finger on the way out move? @kobe?

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Some recent success stories: Tre Scott was recruited at 6'7 195 and graduated 6'8 225. He was a BEAST under the boards. Same can be said for Nysier Brooks, who was 6'9 200 when recruited by is now 6'11 240 with a heck of a motor. Both players never had major injury issues in their college careers.

Nysier Brooks was the first guy I thought of when I heard about the hire...dude became a beast at Cincy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sounds like we landed a pretty capable guy. If we can get a team with Cinci level toughness and strength, plus UConn level skills, that is a huge win. Sorry to hear that Sal has evidently not aligned with the UConn culture.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Did cronin leave Cincy on good terms, or was this a middle finger on the way out move? @kobe?
rehfeldt was hired by mick and he gave him a lot of power on how he wanted to run his S&C program. so not surprised that he'd recommend him to hurley. but maybe lil micky wanted to stick it to us, who knows. the dude is totally delusional.

dont think there was any issue with brannen but maybe he was looking to get out any way . this was kinda an odd move.

very good S&C coach. will be a perfect fit for hurley/mick ball. glad i dont have to consistently watch that garbage anymore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

rehfeldt was hired by mick and he gave him a lot of power on how he wanted to run his S&C program. so not surprised that he'd recommend him to hurley. but maybe lil micky wanted to stick it to us, who knows. the dude is totally delusional.

dont think there was any issue with brannen but maybe he was looking to get out any way . this was kinda an odd move.

very good S&C coach. will be a perfect fit for hurley/mick ball. glad i dont have to consistently watch that garbage anymore.

Let's sign a home and home with UCLA as a way of saying thanks.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 1159BA40-903A-4F17-88EA-1EDA2479D6F9.jpeg
    1159BA40-903A-4F17-88EA-1EDA2479D6F9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 488
Reaction Score
Why do you think because a player is black, he necessarily agrees with the Black Lives Matter platform? If white people can have various views, why can’t black people too? You are falling into if you don’t support a certain candidate, then you ain’t black trap. Let individual black people, decide for thenselves how they want to think.
I can’t comment on Sal’s situation because I don’t know all the details, so my comments above are general observations.
You're not as in tune with young black basketball players as you think you are if you're asking this question.

Reaction Score
If all the players agree or not, the TEAM took a position of solidarity as it relates to the issue. Specifically, socially thru their various platforms. Even if they disagree behind closed doors, their approach publicly was unified. To be the one vocal contradiction is/was a bad look for Sal. Regardless if it contributed to him not being here

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why do you think because a player is black, he necessarily agrees with the Black Lives Matter platform? If white people can have various views, why can’t black people too? You are falling into if you don’t support a certain candidate, then you ain’t black trap. Let individual black people, decide for thenselves how they want to think.
I can’t comment on Sal’s situation because I don’t know all the details, so my comments above are general observations.
Chief, no one said that.

Reaction Score
If all the players agree or not, the TEAM took a position of solidarity as it relates to the issue. Specifically, socially thru their various platforms. Even if they disagree behind closed doors, their approach publicly was unified. To be the one vocal contradiction is/was a bad look for Sal. Regardless if it contributed to him not being here

The team's stance wasn't even a very politically controversial one. It was basically along the lines of BLM, basketball is diverse, we are working towards being better individually and as a team. Nothing about defunding police, reparations, etc. Pretty basic stuff...

The fact that Sal couldn't even get on board with THAT is indicative of his character. Much better to move on.

And Chief--the players on our team are pro BLM. All of them. Literally Every. Single. One. As they should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom