UConn officially hires Rehfeldt as S&C coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn officially hires Rehfeldt as S&C coach

Reaction Score
I randomly heard this story come up in Cincinnati again because the new S&C coach’s significant other is a woman from the west side of Cincy who did sports for local Channel 5 here. Do any Connecticut TV stations need a new sports reporter?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just hoping all the bulked up weightlifting shots don't come at the expense of agility and flexibility.

Cincy had a great rep for being the best looking team to not make second weekends of NCAA.

C

Chief00

Just hoping all the bulked up weightlifting shots don't come at the expense of agility and flexibility.

Cincy had a great rep for being the best looking team to not make second weekends of NCAA.

True, and these muscles certainly weren’t developed in the last 2 weeks alone.

Reaction Score
If Bouk looks like that I can only imagine what Andre Jackson looks like. I'm picturing some Jerome Lane thunder dunks. I guess we will be able to play Jackson at the 4 on occasion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Definitely agree with not wanting to simply bulk everyone up. It’s offseason tho, a lot of these guys like AA, JG, JB, AJ have size they can put on without getting overly big. Think pictures can sometimes be deceiving, these are shots during a workout.

as far as not making the second round of the NCAAs, not sure I’d put that squarely on the S & C Coach, that to me feels more of a blunder of the style of play that Cronin is/was notorious for.

Reaction Score
They are flexing but Gaff and Akok look way bigger in the arms and soldiers, if they flexed like that last year there wouldn't be much there.
As important as adding strength to arms and shoulders is..esp. for the competition in BE.. Will be interesting to see how/if a similar trend is happening below the waist..in the legs.. They need to be strengthened to support the upper body weight gains in addition to improving flexibility.. The "wheels" on some of our players have been pretty skinny in their first year of play.. I understand body style and ability to gain weight can affect that.. But you still need lower body strength for a variety of reasons in BB..Lean muscle/fast- twitch muscle development can also pay dividends..I'm sure the staff has it figured out/personalized for each player's situation.. Boyz 11 Men..

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom