UConn Official Student Section: The Pack | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Official Student Section: The Pack

Reaction Score
Courant: In ‘unacceptable misstep,’ UConn uses N.C. State Wolfpack logo to promote student section

>>“We committed an unacceptable misstep by using an NC State mark as a centerpiece of this logo,” he said. “As soon as the mistake came to light, we removed the logo from all our digital platforms and reached out to NC State to apologize. The apology was accepted in generous fashion by NC State and we will be taking corrective actions internally to ensure something of this nature never happens again.”<<

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Why not let the students choose the name? They could have come up with something way better than the Pack
Oh, or I don't know, maybe stick with the established tradition? Somewhere in the athletic dept I feel like there's standing "student engagement commitment" that feel like it has to "invent tradition" in order to justify itself.

Seriously though. Doesn't anyone vet stuff anymore.

A new club area gets announced and released to media. A few days later it gets scrapped because no one thought though its impact on the Jazz monument.

UConn establishes a student tailgate area and then the AD sends a nastygram threatening to close it.

UConn announces a pointless redesignation of the student section but retracts it because the student designer lifted the design from NC State.

This kind of stuff should not happen at all, never mind so consistently, and especially in an athletic department with higher administrative overhead than most of P5 schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's no secret, I think, that the student section is a shell of its former self (for a multitude of reasons) and I commend their effort in trying to rejuvenate the area and its feel. But that ain't it, chief.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh, or I don't know, maybe stick with the established tradition? Somewhere in the athletic dept I feel like there's standing "student engagement commitment" that feel like it has to "invent tradition" in order to justify itself.

Seriously though. Doesn't anyone vet stuff anymore.

A new club area gets announced and released to media. A few days later it gets scrapped because no one thought though its impact on the Jazz monument.

UConn establishes a student tailgate area and then the AD sends a nastygram threatening to close it.

UConn announces a pointless redesignation of the student section but retracts it because the student designer lifted the design from NC State.

This kind of stuff should not happen at all, never mind so consistently, and especially in an athletic department with higher administrative overhead than most of P5 schools.
It looks like a clown show. This is downright embarrassing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's no secret, I think, that the student section is a shell of its former self (for a multitude of reasons) and I commend their effort in trying to rejuvenate the area and its feel. But that ain't it, chief.
What we need is something new, fresh and uniquely ours. Maybe something like:
1568923029489.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What we need is something new, fresh and uniquely ours. Maybe something like:
View attachment 46481
UW missed an opportunity to incorporate a clever 'U' and 'W' design with the dog's tongue.

As for UConn, what we need is to win games.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure a group of Huskies is referred to as a "team" as in a "team of sleds dogs". I think the Dog Team or something similar would be appropriate and unique for our student section and the reference to "team" would be very meaningful.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure a group of Huskies is referred to as a "team" as in a "team of sleds dogs". I think the Dog Team or something similar would be appropriate and unique for our student section and the reference to "team" would be very meaningful.
What about “The Mush”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom