UConn Official Student Section: The Pack | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Official Student Section: The Pack

Reaction Score
Love this idea. Big Red and Blue and White Kid should be honorary members sitting front and center. Kids monitored for energy. A fish should be thrown on ice for every UConn hockey goal.
Time for blue and white guy to retire and for young bloods to take over

Reaction Score
It appears they literally just swiped NC State's alternative logo. Really sloppy by the AD and they probably should change this.

North Carolina State Wolfpack Alternate Logo - NCAA Division I (n-r) (NCAA n-r) - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

Pretty sloppy in terms over oversight, but that's what happens when every college these days starts with a stock photo for their mascot logos. Not really original work on the part of either school. New logos these days are always very cookie-cutter generic types, the new husky logo being an example of that IMO.

Reaction Score
They even called it “The Pack” lmaooooo. Why not just stick with “The Dog Pound”

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
More than appears - the wolves are exactly the same.

I liked the design, but after noticing it's almost identical to NC $tate we have to change it.. Bad look.

No it most certainly is not. The NC State logo depicts wolves. The illustrated animals in the UConn logo are clearly huskies.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The dog pound sounds tougher than the pack and is more original, JMO. These people need a history lesson.
Dog Pound was taken from the Cleveland Browns.

Reaction Score
Pretty sloppy in terms over oversight, but that's what happens when every college these days starts with a stock photo for their mascot logos. Not really original work on the part of either school. New logos these days are always very cookie-cutter generic types, the new husky logo being an example of that IMO.

Don’t worry the administration at the highest level is aware of this and the design has been pulled. Apologies have already been issued as well. Crisis averted. Phew.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
No it most certainly is not. The NC State logo depicts wolves. The illustrated animals in the UConn logo are clearly huskies.
Because they have blue heads. Wolves don't have blue heads.
Don’t worry the administration at the highest level is aware of this and the design has been pulled. Apologies have already been issued as well. Crisis averted. Phew.
Still, stealing another teams alt. logo? How the fook does that even happen? No one asked where'd you get this from?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Still, stealing another teams alt. logo? How the fook does that even happen? No one asked where'd you get this from?

From what I saw on twitter, it looks like this is a generic clipart/photoshop design. So not exactly stolen from NC State, but the alternative isn't exactly reassuring.

Reaction Score

News & Observer: Yes, UConn did steal NC State’s logo. But they’re very sorry about it

>>
A UConn spokesperson said the logo was created by an undergraduate student who went about it the wrong way and “included a piece of intellectual property that belonged to NC State.”

The logo, which was revealed Wednesday night, was removed from all of UConn’s digital platforms Thursday morning, the spokesperson said.

UConn reached out to NC State to apologize about the mistake, the spokesperson said, and it was well received from the school.<<

CL82

Reaction Score
From what I saw on twitter, it looks like this is a generic clipart/photoshop design. So not exactly stolen from NC State, but the alternative isn't exactly reassuring.
Exactly. Anyway it I guess it doesn't matter. I hear they are going with a more family friendly logo:
1568914040383.png

Husky25

Reaction Score
Exactly. Anyway it I guess it doesn't matter. I hear they are going with a more family friendly logo:
View attachment 46477
Not really to crap on your joke, but the color of the Wolf level in Cub Scouts is now red.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not really to crap on your joke, but the color of the Wolf level in Cub Scouts is now red.
I'll let google know...

Seriously, there's color associated with Cub ranks now? Is it just the badge or is it something more?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why not let the students choose the name? They could have come up with something way better than the Pack

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'll let google know...

Serious their color associated with Cub ranks now? Is it just the badge or is it something more?

Tiger is orange

My son is a Wolf now and unless you got last year's overstock (specifically Amato's in Middletown), the manual, neckerchief, and front panel of the cap are all red. When I was a kid, Wolf was yellow as depicted in the illustration.

Incidentally, Bear is still sky blue and WEBELOS is sort of a plaid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why not call it “The Dog House” or something stupid like that.
And then they can play the end of this video every game. Don't know why this popped in my head reading your post. I guess I watched too much Nickelodeon with my kids.

Reaction Score
News & Observer: Yes, UConn did steal NC State’s logo. But they’re very sorry about it

>>
A UConn spokesperson said the logo was created by an undergraduate student who went about it the wrong way and “included a piece of intellectual property that belonged to NC State.”

The logo, which was revealed Wednesday night, was removed from all of UConn’s digital platforms Thursday morning, the spokesperson said.

UConn reached out to NC State to apologize about the mistake, the spokesperson said, and it was well received from the school.<<
Crap! We’re never getting into the ACC now!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom