2022 Recruiting: - UConn offers Donovan Clingan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: UConn offers Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eh, plenty of kids get offers freshman year that don't pan out. Hard not to when you're 7' tall though--those guys are usually guards that stop growing. I'd put the chances above 90% if he's truly that tall and has another AAU season like he did this year.

The fact that you're telling me to admit I'm wrong might be the most ironic thing I've read on this board in years. And that's saying something.
Lighten up you touchhole, I paid you a compliment.

Reaction Score
For a kid that size at that age, he’s quite nimble. Watch out for Rutgers. Pikiell is a Bristol guy.
You have any video of him to share? Couldn’t find anything on him.

pj

Reaction Score
I've been wrong before; I'll be wrong again. No doubt about it.

Come on, you're a good poster but you would be a lot better off just admitting you're wrong now. This kid is obviously going to play at a high major.

He's already admitted he's going to be wrong, isn't that good enough? He's right that if basketball is the be-all and end-all of Clingan's life, the boy should go to prep school. But at 7', he can succeed without it.

Reaction Score
The offers look like they’re going to keep coming, especially since he’s only a sophomore. Let’s hope he understands who the Good Guys are.

Reaction Score
He has some nice moves already. Could probably play for us next year.

Smart to downplay his abilities right now. We wouldn't want to set unrealistic expectations for a high school sophomore.

Reaction Score
Smart to downplay his abilities right now. We wouldn't want to set unrealistic expectations for a high school sophomore.

You're absolutely right, but I'm always optimistic that one of these days we're going to have a real superstar fall into our laps. Someone who won't go for the hype of Duke, etc. Probably just a dream, but you never know.

Reaction Score
I’m curious how much national interest he’ll get. Offers from UConn, Georgetown, Syracuse, and Providence are all a big deal, but I wonder if/when he will begin to get more interest from outside this region.

Reaction Score
He's heading into his sophomore year.

Yes, I understand that. So I assume there will be much more interest. The offers are coming in faster than I expected, and I wonder where UConn will stand if any current national powers show sincere interest.

Reaction Score
Yes, I understand that. So I assume there will be much more interest. The offers are coming in faster than I expected, and I wonder where UConn will stand if any current national powers show sincere interest.
Andre Drummond. He could have gone anywhere but decided to go to the hometown school.

Reaction Score
Andre Drummond. He could have gone anywhere but decided to go to the hometown school.

I’m not saying he won’t pick UConn. I genuinely wonder what the rest of his recruitment will look like. Has anybody else heard whether or not he’ll be at First Night?

A CT kid choosing to stay home despite tons of interest could be so awesome both for UConn and for Donovan. I’m sure hoping it works out great for us and for him.

Reaction Score
Man, it sure is nice having Kemba around.

As for the BC confusion, it's understandable; Boston College has been irrelevant for so long that he probably didn't even know wearing a maroon BC sweatshirt could be a bad look. I hope he and his family enjoyed First Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom