2022 Recruiting: - UConn offers Donovan Clingan | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: UConn offers Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Clingan is as good as he seems as a sophomore, imagine the possibilities if Hurley keeps him home and develops him as he did Carlton.
1571498956713.png

Reaction Score
I had the chance to see him play last year. I certainly didn’t see him dunk on anybody the way he did at the beginning of this highlight clip.

Reminds me a lot of a freshman on my HS team when I was a senior. Jay Murphy who went on to star for BC and played for the Bullets. Although Jay was only 6’6 as a freshman same build. He only played JV though this kid has a couple nice skills already. But same look with weak finishes but nicely done nonetheless. Jay was 6’10 by his JR year same kind of build, could shoot the crap out of it from 15’ this kid looks to have touch too, love to keep him home!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm far from an expert, but I'd think you'd rather take a kid with touch and coordination and try to get him to finish stronger than have a physical specimen with no discernible basketball skills.

This isn't specific to Donovan Clingan, but I really hope we reach our ceiling and make the tournament this year. That would go a long way towards securing 2021 and 2022 recruits.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think that people mistaking him for a Jr or Sr. is a good sign. This kid can get taller and fill out!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reminds me a lot of a freshman on my HS team when I was a senior. Jay Murphy who went on to star for BC and played for the Bullets.
Very influential college player. Before Jay Murphy, players did not have a minimum course load. When it was found out that his semester schedule consisted of 1 class that met only once a week the rule was changed shortly after.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm far from an expert, but I'd think you'd rather take a kid with touch and coordination and try to get him to finish stronger than have a physical specimen with no discernible basketball skills.

This isn't specific to Donovan Clingan, but I really hope we reach our ceiling and make the tournament this year. That would go a long way towards securing 2021 and 2022 recruits.

It would be the opposite of what we have done for a while now. That is take a kid with good athleticism with less skill and bb IQ and try coach up skill and IQ.
I am ready for the opposite wihich is what DC seems to be.
Kid will grow into his body and get stronger as time goes by and he seems to have good coordination

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reminds me a lot of a freshman on my HS team when I was a senior. Jay Murphy who went on to star for BC and played for the Bullets. Although Jay was only 6’6 as a freshman same build. He only played JV though this kid has a couple nice skills already. But same look with weak finishes but nicely done nonetheless. Jay was 6’10 by his JR year same kind of build, could shoot the crap out of it from 15’ this kid looks to have touch too, love to keep him home!

Was it true that Murphy had to enroll in night school at BC to remain eligible?
That story was out there and supposedly confirmed in the Boston papers but who knows what to believe? Sure hope Clingan is good academically so that issue doesn't enter the equation in his recruiting.

Reaction Score
Was it true that Murphy had to enroll in night school at BC to remain eligible?
That story was out there and supposedly confirmed in the Boston papers but who knows what to believe? Sure hope Clingan is good academically so that issue doesn't enter the equation in his recruiting.

I believe there was some truth to this as there was with many of their athletes. I went up many times to visit him but as well as another Spartan who was the captain of the football team a year ahead of Jay at BC. When I tell you party heaven in the athletic dorms I am selling it short that's all I will say. The stories I can tell you about weekends you have no idea. Let's put it this way Steve DeOssie was one of my buddy Biesteks roommates. For you other Connecticut football fans of the late 70's early 80's another was Scotty Niziolek of Branford. Great guys, wild bunch is about all i will say. They lived life to the fullest, and beyond at times. They weren't stupid but they weren't studious either. I take it back some were. Doug Flutie used to come to parties after games up there but always under control, not even sure I saw a beer in his hand ever.

Reaction Score
Very influential college player. Before Jay Murphy, players did not have a minimum course load. When it was found out that his semester schedule consisted of 1 class that met only once a week the rule was changed shortly after.
Kentucky schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul