UConn offers Bradley Hayes | The Boneyard

UConn offers Bradley Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it was announced on twitter

UConn has offered 2012 center Bradley Hayes. He will officially visit May 4th.

There is hope for our front court.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Anyone have some info on this kid?

Reaction Score
Here's a video of him if anyone is interested. He's got size and we desperately need that. Would love to have him.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
6'11 kid from fl. fl is his #1 but i dont think they offered yet but they are showing serious interest. has a offer from gtown among others(fsu/atm/memphis...). thats all i need to see offers wise to say hes a good get for a big man. we had a inhome visit yesterday and offered. was going to come up on may 4th for a visit but now that date is questionable. hes also visiting atm and another school soon. were in it as a late entry but not sure if we have a good shot or not. would love to add him!

Reaction Score
Fla has a lot of depth returning at the 4/5. GT lost Sims but i feel like they had a young stud Thompkins??

Our depth chart is really favorable!!

Jacksonville is Gator country but hopefully he is not brainwashed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fla has a lot of depth returning at the 4/5. GT lost Sims but i feel like they had a young stud Thompkins??

Our depth chart is really favorable!!

Jacksonville is Gator country but hopefully he is not brainwashed.

Jacksonville is Rudy Johnson country.

Reaction Score
I want this kid! Love the fact he doesnt care that we are not in tourney.

Yeah if indeed we have the "year off" and are getting guys ready for a 2013 run with more experience this kid may be just what the doctor ordered. Although it doesn't prove much more than him being able to dunk and block 6'2" guys shots, the way he can run the floor, his nice basketball size and length along with athletic abillity woulb be great to build on next year and prepare for a big year/years thereafter.

Reaction Score
itd be nice to replace one bradley with another. from what i read about this kid is he lacks quickness and that scares me a little but at this point we need bigs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
itd be nice to replace one bradley with another. from what i read about this kid is he lacks quickness and that scares me a little but at this point we need bigs.

him and wolf can be roommates then.

Reaction Score
Admittedly when you watch the hilights of this kid, he reminds me of exactly why I believe Andre had trouble this pat year. He is so much bigger he never works hard get position down low on the defender so he will be a work in progress. But one knowing he needs it and willing to stay to learn more would be nice!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
he said that he'll be here for awhile if he comes here so he can work on everything

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he's seven-feet tall, can maintain a body temp of 98.6 and can tell a basketball from a football, he is worthy of a scholarship.

Reaction Score
“He actually grew seven inches in like five months a year and a half ago."

From the videos posted he really needs to find a better video editor and marketing director.

Reaction Score
If he's seven-feet tall, can maintain a body temp of 98.6 and can tell a basketball from a football, he is worthy of a scholarship.

I'm glad to see the board is maintaining a high standard for recruiting in a period of turmoil.

Reaction Score
I'm glad to see the board is maintaining a high standard for recruiting in a period of turmoil.

Kid looks like a decent big man--in any era.

No slower than Jake Voskuhl, Travis Knight, Hasheem Thabeet, Hilton Armstrong and a great many others. Through the years, UConn has had exactly two--and only two--big men with great athleticism. Emeka and Drummond.

caw

Reaction Score

No slower than Jake Voskuhl, Travis Knight, Hasheem Thabeet, Hilton Armstrong and a great many others. Through the years, UConn has had exactly two--and only two--big men with great athleticism. Emeka and Drummond.

Not sure I would throw Hilton with the others. He was fairly quick and athletic after he decided to work on his game.

Reaction Score

Once he grew into his body Hilton was just as good an athlete as Emeka imo.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we land either obekpa or hayes then next seasons outlook is alot better imo. we need a center that has potential(both of those guys do) who can play right away and fill minutes while being productive. i think a combo os scoe and olander at the 4 is fine compared to every team we will play. its not the best at the 4 but its easily good enough considering what we have at the 1,2,3. the 5 is our issues. if we get one of those guys we can be a good team. wolf as a chuck type backup can work i think. if we were to land both of these guys or 1 and another big we don't know about then i would venture to say we could be a top30 team next year. maybe i'm overrating us but there are not going to be many 123 combos in the ncaa next year better that waht we have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom