2023 Recruiting: - UConn Offers 6’7 SF Andrej Stojakovic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: UConn Offers 6’7 SF Andrej Stojakovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
NIL might help level the playing field for us.
You just remarked on something that would interesting to know from a marketing standpoint. Being in the Big East and the TV market that it operates in would seem to be a great asset as far as NIL compared to most other conferences. Wonder if anyone has quantified something like that but they probably have considering the recruiting pressure and edge that could give.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You just remarked on something that would interesting to know from a marketing standpoint. Being in the Big East and the TV market that it operates in would seem to be a great asset as far as NIL compared to most other conferences. Wonder if anyone has quantified something like that but they probably have considering the recruiting pressure and edge that could give.
Yeah that’s kind of what I was thinking, as opposed to, say, Kansas. And also that Paige has shown that you can make more here via NIL than anywhere else…if you’re good enough on all fronts. I would think that’s something to sell.

Reaction Score
I am tired of this. Every other college besides UConn is paying people. Stop the crap. Prove it
When I was at UConn, Tony Hanson was always driving in a new car and he was dirt poor.
I was in the sports program there at the time and I know it.
Chief isn’t going to comment specifically on Tony’s situation given the circumstances. Be respectful.
However, I will say this. A player was entitled to whatever every other employee of a business was entitled to, if he was an employee.
If a kid was a part time employee of a car dealership he might get a loaner car for periods of time like other employees.

Reaction Score
Andrej Stojakovic, Compton Magic – If it seems like each day brings a new headline about Stojakovic, that’s because it has as of late. On Saturday, the headline was a scholarship offer from Kentucky. His combination of size, skill, and shooting prowess has already been well-documented, but he also might not be done growing. He has big feet, strong legs, and an upper body that he hasn’t grown all the way into yet. So, sure, he has to get stronger, but often times frames don’t fill out if they’re still stretching, and if that’s the case for Stojakovic then his rapid ascension isn’t going to slow down anytime soon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah that’s kind of what I was thinking, as opposed to, say, Kansas. And also that Paige has shown that you can make more here via NIL than anywhere else…if you’re good enough on all fronts. I would think that’s something to sell.
I don’t think it matters. Media markets in the old Nielsen TV market way of thinking are now irrelevant. It’s about brand recognition and your overall following. Both are probably ahead of a lot of other schools and have very recognizable logos. Paige was doing it before she ever got to UConn. So was Fudd. That’s crucial.

For the women, Paige is an outlier of sorts. Many of the top NIL female athletes are relying on other attributes. Lots of volleyball players for example and Livvy Dunne still tops the list. The Cavinder twins did just fine out of Fresno State. The Big East has smaller schools with less reach than larger public schools.

As I learn about all this it’s clear you have to throw concepts like TV markets out the window. Your market is anyone who has internet access. Most of this content is consumed on phones and tablets. A college may provide you a potential audience, but if you aren’t interesting it won’t matter. I think back to Brian Bosworth at OU, who would have killed it in this era.

Reaction Score

Tennessee, Florida, Indiana, USC, Texas, and UConn have all offered me this month,” Stojakovic said. “I’m hearing from Tennessee and UConn regularly. Kentucky offered me last night too. I have not taken any visits yet, but I plan on taking a handful in June and July. I’m close to finishing up a visit date with Stanford for the end of May and the beginning of June. I will look to set a visit with UConn, USC, and Tennessee too, and I hope to get a visit set this summer with Kentucky

UConn: “Rudy Gay played for the Kings, and I am from Sacramento; watching him and Kemba (Walker) introduced me to UConn. They are traditionally a basketball school, and it’s only an hour away from big cities.”

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Tennessee, Florida, Indiana, USC, Texas, and UConn have all offered me this month,” Stojakovic said. “I’m hearing from Tennessee and UConn regularly. Kentucky offered me last night too. I have not taken any visits yet, but I plan on taking a handful in June and July. I’m close to finishing up a visit date with Stanford for the end of May and the beginning of June. I will look to set a visit with UConn, USC, and Tennessee too, and I hope to get a visit set this summer with Kentucky

UConn: “Rudy Gay played for the Kings, and I am from Sacramento; watching him and Kemba (Walker) introduced me to UConn. They are traditionally a basketball school, and it’s only an hour away from big cities.”

I love the respect for the “big city” of pistol wavin New Haven

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Really want us to land this kid. Seems like a great fit.

Reaction Score
"I am planning to do some visits in June and July," he said. "One I am close to going over with is Stanford, I want to do a Stanford visit and then go from there. Kentucky obviously, Indiana, Tennessee and UConn."

UConn: "I live in Sacramento and Rudy Gay used to be on the Kings so just him being at UConn and watching Kemba [Walker] play at UConn, they're a basketball school and they have really high expectations for the tournament every year."

Reaction Score
If we get him on campus I'll start getting my hopes up, but being 5th or 6th and not a lock for a visit doesn't make me super optimistic

Reaction Score
If we get him on campus I'll start getting my hopes up, but being 5th or 6th and not a lock for a visit doesn't make me super optimistic
I'm trying to think of any UConn players who would've played with Peja but I can't think of anyone who was there in Sacramento with him. Peja moved around a little at the end of his career but I still can't think of anyone.

Reaction Score
Took me awhile to realize that he’s Peja’s son. Him coming to UConn would be amazing.

Reaction Score
I just want a 90 minute highlight video of corner threes with someone. Last name fox or George closing out

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
I'm trying to think of any UConn players who would've played with Peja but I can't think of anyone who was there in Sacramento with him. Peja moved around a little at the end of his career but I still can't think of anyone.
Just looked at basketball reference and there's a few:
  • In Sacramento with KO from 98-99.
    • KO was only there for eight games though beginning in February. That was Peja's rookie season.
  • In New Orleans with Hilton from 2007-2010.
  • In New Orleans with Emeka from 2009-2011.
  • In Dallas with Caron in 2011.
    • In that 2011 season he bounced around, traded first to Toronto (played two games) and then to Dallas where he played 44 games to end his career (and win a title). Caron was injured by the time Peja arrived (he ruptured his right patellar tendon in January) so they never actually shared the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He played with Hilton in New Orleans from 2007-2010, and also overlapped there with Emeka from 2009-2011. In that 2011 season he bounced around, traded first to Toronto (played two games) and then to Dallas where he played 25 games to end his career. Caron Butler was on that 2011 Mavs team.
Thank you. I should've remembered Caron and Peja were together with the Mavs. That's one of my favorite teams ever.

I also just looked it up and Peja brought Caron in to Sacramento for his last season but Caron was done by then from injuries. Caron and Peja are friends, which isn't surprising. Caron is one of the most beloved people in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom