UConn now first in fg% and 3rd in 3pt% | The Boneyard

UConn now first in fg% and 3rd in 3pt%

Reaction Score
Checking the team stats on ESPN reveals the following:
UConn is first in overall field goal percentage at 53.8%. This despite having the strongest strength of schedule so far (as per Massey).
UConn is also number 3 in 3pt percentage at 42.7% (Illinois is first at 44.1%).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
1D7A7E4A-AB2B-48DF-9853-FBEDFC0D15B3.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn is first in overall field goal percentage at 53.8%. This despite having the strongest strength of schedule so far (as per Massey).
Like I said 3-4 times in previous posts this week. This is not a good time to play UConn. They're in sync and rolling down-hill. :cool:
The scary thing is they will be much much better come March. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am sure many people have seen this Twitter message. Nikka Muhl is now averaging more assists per game than 111 teams are averaging.
And the interesting thing here is the level of competition she's doing it against. Some of those players at the top of those statistical categories have not played against any of the top 25 teams let alone any of the top 10. It's easy to post huge numbers when you play cupcakes (the Little Sisters of the Poor) or teams ranked below 250.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Aside from the typical Maybry, I don't think this team is fast enough to flop.
If they're not fast enough to flop, then how could they be fast enough to get by their defenders to draw (legitimate) fouls? ;)

Reaction Score
Hasn’t Nika’s sister committed to Illinois?

Reaction Score
Wait, you’re a South Carolina fan, right?
I am but personally I think SC is playing the wrong starting lineup for too many minutes and it’s hindering the team.

More so than that I just think expectations should reset every year and rankings should be based on current body of work. UConn has three top-10 wins and looks as good as anyone to me. Every single player getting meaningful minutes seems to have taken a significant jump this season.

Reaction Score
Heading into the season the main knock on UConn was frontcourt play but Edwards and Griffin have been dynamic against a tough schedule. I still don’t think the team is as strong as SC or Stanford there but it’s closer than expected and I think there’s a significant backcourt advantage to offset it. I was far from impressed with Fudd as a freshman but she looks world-class this year and it’s clear this is the player many knew she could be. I didn’t expect Muhl to distribute better than Bueckers statistically (although Paige is still the superior player). It’s early but to me this looks like the best Connecticut team since 2018.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If they're not fast enough to flop, then how could they be fast enough to get by their defenders to draw (legitimate) fouls? ;)
Maybe they ain't floppin'. Fouls are always about smart positioning on defense, not flopping.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I am but personally I think SC is playing the wrong starting lineup for too many minutes and it’s hindering the team.

More so than that I just think expectations should reset every year and rankings should be based on current body of work. UConn has three top-10 wins and looks as good as anyone to me. Every single player getting meaningful minutes seems to have taken a significant jump this season.
Thanks for the sentiment. But SCar are the champs, and they're number one to me until some other team proves different.

Reaction Score
Uconn will finish the year in the top ten in many categories and will have more in the top ten than any other team. When we are healthy again it will be easier. GO HUSKIES!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom