UCONN Non-Conference Schedule | The Boneyard

UCONN Non-Conference Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am guessing that his has been posted already but I missed it. I saw this on the Baylor board. Is this an accurate schedule? TAMU, MD, Stanford, Duke and Baylor. That covers about all of the top teams in the nation.

Nov. 2 Indiana (Pa.)
Nov. 7 Holy Family
Nov. 11 Charleston
Nov. 18 at Texas A&M
Nov. 22-24 Paradise Jam
Nov. 28 Colgate
Dec. 3 Maryland (Jimmy V Classic)
Dec. 6 Penn State
Dec. 19 Oakland
Dec. 22 at Hartford
Dec. 29 at Stanford
Dec. 31 at Oregon
Jan xxx Duke
Feb xxx Baylor (ESPN Rivalry Week)

News media speculates that the Duke game will be MLK weekend in January; no confirmed information yet.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looks about right.

Plus, ND likely 3-4 times, Louisville, Rutgers, and the rest of the Big East.

Poor Colgate. They are going to get flossed.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why we are playing Colgate or Oakland? Is Geno
pals with their coaches?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
pals with their coaches?
Not sure. With Syracuse leaving the Big East, does this possibly get us an upstate NY game in Breanna's sophomore season?

Reaction Score
pals with their coaches?

UConn needs home games for the revenue. It is difficult to find teams that will play at UConn without a return game (see Marist).

Only low-level teams typically agree to these requests. (Often lured by a UConn payout.)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Thrilled that UConn and Duke are continuing the series. McCallie and Geno have a shared respect for one another (and a shared Italian heritage). McCallie is one of the few female coaches who truly understands Geno's sense of humor and is not afraid to banter back and forth with him.

Reaction Score
I would assume SNY will have the 4 bold games below with ESPN the 5 blue ones.
Penn St could go either way.
Oregon will probably be on SNY if they can find a local partner, which might be easier with the Comcast connections.
Paradise Jam probably won't be broadcast.

Then likely ~13 BE games on SNY, with the rest on ESPN or CBS.

Nov. 11 Charleston
Nov. 18 at Texas A&M
Nov. 22-24 Paradise Jam
Nov. 28 Colgate
Dec. 3 Maryland (Jimmy V Classic)
Dec. 6 Penn State
Dec. 19 Oakland
Dec. 22 at Hartford
Dec. 29 at Stanford
Dec. 31 at Oregon
Jan xxx Duke
Feb xxx Baylor (ESPN Rivalry Week)

News media speculates that the Duke game will be MLK weekend in January; no confirmed information yet.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thrilled that UConn and Duke are continuing the series. McCallie and Geno have a shared respect for one another (and a shared Italian heritage). McCallie is one of the few female coaches who truly understands Geno's sense of humor and is not afraid to banter back and forth with him.

Does JPM still refuse to call opposing players by their names? I remember when Baylor beat Michigan State in the 2005 championship game that she only called Baylor players by their numbers when talking about them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
pals with their coaches?

I hate seeing games like that. I am sure that Baylor will have some similar games where they are almost guaranteed to win by 50 or 60+ points. Those type of games lend credence to the critics of women's basketball and are not good for the reputation of the game.

Reaction Score
I hate seeing games like that. I am sure that Baylor will have some similar games where they are almost guaranteed to win by 50 or 60+ points. Those type of games lend credence to the critics of women's basketball and are not good for the reputation of the game.

I've read where they are called guarantee games. Power school is guaranteed a win and the small school is guaranteed money.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If UConn only played competitive teams, they'd only play eight games a year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There will be very few teams that will give UCONN or Baylor a good game next season. I'm not sure that either will have a game closer than 15 to 20 except when they play each other.

Reaction Score
There will be very few teams that will give UCONN or Baylor a good game next season. I'm not sure that either will have a game closer than 15 to 20 except when they play each other.

You are probably right on the mark. The only other team on UCONN'S schedule that may play them close is Duke, the third best team in the country. Like you I don't see any team in the country other then UCONN playing Baylor close.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very solid OOC schedule. also as Milford pointed out, the BE schedule with Rutgers, ND about 10 times, L'ville, and a few others, we should have some solid teams to play. do Georgetown and SJU take a big tumble in the standings? i'm betting Depaul is really solid and probably USF too. but the rest of the big east is filled with teams UCONN will probably beat by at least 40.

and it won't get any better when Memphis, SMU, and the rest join the BE. at least Temple should field a good WCBB team when they join for all sports...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, quit hogging all the good players for the good of the game.
After Friday's practice, it was suggested to de facto Team USA captain Diana Taurasi that ongoing international dominance of women's basketball by one country may not be good for the game.

Presented with these facts and the theory, Taurasi was introverted, per usual.
"I do not give a (bad word)," Taurasi said. "I'm trying to win a gold medal."

LINK

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
After Friday's practice, it was suggested to de facto Team USA captain Diana Taurasi that ongoing international dominance of women's basketball by one country may not be good for the game.

LINK

LOL. I like her style.

Reaction Score
UConn needs home games for the revenue. It is difficult to find teams that will play at UConn without a return game (see Marist).

Only low-level teams typically agree to these requests. (Often lured by a UConn payout.)
What happened with Marist? I'm from Poughkeepsie.... Kind of curious now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

LINK
Dee used a bad word? :)

Reaction Score
What happened with Marist? I'm from Poughkeepsie.... Kind of curious now.

UConn wanted Marist to come to UConn for a single game.
Marist refused saying they would only do a home-and-home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom