Uconn Next?? | The Boneyard

Uconn Next??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whoever thought we'd never play BCU again may soon be wrong.

If we go the ACC route does that do enough to push expansion through?

I see a big draw for FSU (if the don't move on) Miami, BCU of course, VA Tech, Clemson once in a while, MD (the Edsall effect) and the occasional Tenn or Mich type visits.

Reaction Score
or posturing for the Big Ten. Im cool with either though.

Reaction Score
I'm actually a little less comfortable after reading that ESPN blurb on UConn lobbying. If we are "lobbying" the ACC, as the article states, it tells me this is not as much of a slam dunk as we may think. Tell me I'm wrong, pleeaaassse.

Reaction Score
This is why you don't "handcuff" yourself to RU or anyone else. ACC has set out to be dominant basketball conference with decent football schools. If they want Kansas and UConn , do we say no to Protect RU? HE'LL NO!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There likely was a phone conversation or two between UConn people and ACC people. The leak (keeping with the necessary posturing) stated that UConn is looking into applying for ACC membership and the journalist embellished a bit with his title.

Reaction Score
The ACC leads the college sports world in ONE thing (and has for the last 8 years): Leaks.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
To be fair, after all the crap I've given BCU over the years, I'll have to refer to UConn as:

The University of Connecticut College (UCONNC)

Does it work for you?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
It would only be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
As long as they don't announce that Yukon has been added,...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm actually a little less comfortable after reading that ESPN blurb on UConn lobbying. If we are "lobbying" the ACC, as the article states, it tells me this is not as much of a slam dunk as we may think. Tell me I'm wrong, pleeaaassse.

I read it as Herbst being proactive rather than sitting around waiting for an invite.

Reaction Score
I read it as Herbst being proactive rather than sitting around waiting for an invite.

Agreed.

I want her to aggressively pursue an arrangement that will position us for long term stability and success.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Sounds like Herbst is being very proactive. All indications are she is aggressive when she sets her mind on a goal and this is one big one.

She is also a Duke graduate and had work in the Georgia system. She has the connections to make the move to the ACC happen.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if it is at all possible that her ACC ties were in some way considered when she was hired. I know she is plenty qualified regardless of that but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Reaction Score
Great move by UConn and great news for the ACC , and PItt/SU. The sooner the BE folds the sooner the 27 months is meaningless and we can all play in the ACC next season.

UConn makes the most sense and puts the final block on the Big10 for the ny/nj market. Rutgers doesn't help with UConn/SU/Pitt in the ACC. Penn St is not enough and ND may still be in play as the 16th ACC member.

UConn should be lobbying the ACC and the ACC should be as inviting as possible. This solidifies all big time east coast bball recruits to the ACC for ever and Uconn/SU/Duke/UNC are already competing for these kids so it doesn't change our specific recruiting it only keeps the wild cards out of play.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 breaks up, Kansas is the ACC #15 or 16. Maybe the ACC has already invited them.

Reaction Score
I know geography doesn't have a heck of a lot to do with this but look at a map. KS is WAAAY outside of the the ACC footprint. Plus if they take Uconn they get a program like KS except there are natural rivalries.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
One of the few things that I believe about all the articles about expansion is that Kansas isn't going anywhere without Kansas State.

Reaction Score

You're not wrong. It sounds like UConn is close to begging. Not a good position to be in especially with that Delta Bravo Swofford. And the bitter beagles will lobby heavily against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom