UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
As a basketball player Cam is everything that Sarr is not. I understand he is also 4 years older but they are both Rookies in the league. Cam plays basketball in a way that is an art form. Perhaps an angry art form but an art form. Sarr is not playing basketball he is a super big guy who is very athletic. Maybe if he stays healthy and keeps his confidence he can contribute at some level in the future but unless something miraculous happens he is not seeing big minutes this year. In fact I think Sarr is a perfect candidate to spend a year or two developing his game because he just does not appear to understand much about the game at this point.

Reaction Score
Oh let's not forget Hurley's first UConn NBA'er! Linky

Screenshot 2024-07-17 091322.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looked so tentative on that shot. Get those game reps and it’s gonna look as smooth as it does during warmups, swear on it.
I hope you’re right. He did throw an air ball during free throws late in game. He made the second.

Reaction Score
Caught bits and pieces of the Whaley game. Didn't play a lot of minutes again so I'm assuming he's not going to get a two way contract with them. Got a few boards and missed a layup in transition

Cam at 7pm (if he's healthy), that's all we have for this evening

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Definitely good to keep him out as long as he needs to 110% recover, but man it would be fun tomorrow to see Cam vs. Hawkins
Got to feel like it’s a good thing if the Grizzlies are taking precautions with him?

Shows he’s proven himself enough during SL. Which is impressive as a second rounder.

Reaction Score
Tristen starting again, hopefully he has a breakthrough shooting/scoring wise but just missed a 3 on the first possession

Reaction Score
Tristen's confidence looks shot from a shooting/scoring perspective, just got by his man and had an easy banker off the glass if he wanted it but then tried to force a pass into a turnover. hard to watch and I can't imagine he's gonna get NBA looks if this keeps up

Reaction Score
getting to the line like how he did here but his 3s aren't close and I would hope getting to the line would get him in a shooting rhythm

awy

Reaction Score
tristen needs to be in a structured offense making the reads. he's so not a summer league player.

Reaction Score
Tristen not shooting well but nobody is. He’s 3-13 but so are 2 other guys in their starting 5 lol. Still found his way to the line to get up to 15 points in a low scoring game

Still looks really passive and uncomfortable, unfortunately

Reaction Score
tristen needs to be in a structured offense making the reads. he's so not a summer league player.
these are shots he needs to make if you want to be a lead guard in the NBA. other than a couple of forced pull-ups these 3s and shots at the rim are within the flow of the offense and makeable. his inefficiency has been magnified 10x here.

Reaction Score
wide open catch and shoot 3 off the glass completely missing the rim, Tristen is cooked

awy

Reaction Score
these are shots he needs to make if you want to be a lead guard in the NBA. other than a couple of forced pull-ups these 3s and shots at the rim are within the flow of the offense and makeable. his inefficiency has been magnified 10x here.
yea but we are at the "need to spread propaganda to control the narrative" stage of it being pretty bad.

the problem is not just newton, hawkins struggling too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom