UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues

Reaction Score
His money maker is definitely going to be defensively to start off.

3 simple things can get him a lot of playing time. Block shots, rebound, run rim to rim.
Correct. I think the Blazers and any other team that was considering drafting him have this in mind while they will work with him on his offense.

It's similar to when Thabeet was a freshman at UConn and Calhoun publicly called him out for only have 2 rebounds in the game and not playing great defense. Calhoun said something to the effect of "I told him when we recruited him, I want hustle, rebounding, and defense. We will work with you on the offense. Being 7'3 and getting only 2 rebounds is not acceptable."

Reaction Score
Personally not worried about DC. Thought he was significantly better today as he’s getting more comfortable-summer league O is so painful and that impacts a guy who can’t go get his own, but he had some flashes and also made several really high level passes that showed his BBIQ/ability to play in an actual system.

Defensively he was everything we know him to be. The ESPN box score is crediting him with 3 blocks but he completely locked philly out of the paint. Affected so many drives and shots just with great help D and positioning. He also had arguably the largest role in the win, scored a basket to get them within 1, blocked and recovered a shot on the other end to get the ball back and set the screen that led to foul shots for his guy to put them ahead. Then caused a 5 second call on the other end to give Portland the ball back.

Billups was also interviewed during the game and had not only high praise for Donovan, but confirmed he knows exactly what he’s getting. Highly coachable kid with immense defensive potential who needs some polishing on O. Let’s see if he can deliver on that development.

caw

Reaction Score
Clingan ended with 8, 11, 5 assists and 3 blocks in 24 minutes but only 4/11 from the field (0-1 from three). Also walled off access to the paint on quite a few drives.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
DC shooting 3-9 after going 1-8. Not very good to see as a 7’2 guy.

It’s Clingan setting screens and watching 4 guys running around. Clingan went from UConn’s offense to that stuff. The guards don't to get him the ball unless they’re caught in no man’s land

Reactions: caw

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Correct. I think the Blazers and any other team that was considering drafting him have this in mind while they will work with him on his offense.

It's similar to when Thabeet was a freshman at UConn and Calhoun publicly called him out for only have 2 rebounds in the game and not playing great defense. Calhoun said something to the effect of "I told him when we recruited him, I want hustle, rebounding, and defense. We will work with you on the offense. Being 7'3 and getting only 2 rebounds is not acceptable."
If you’re a good rebounder at 7’3 you can get about 10 points off putbacks alone. The game is so easy and simple. Thabeet wishes he had Donovan’s strengths and especially his hands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom