UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn @ NBA Summer Leagues

Reaction Score
some nice passing from Tristen early but guys have been getting stuffed at the rim, still crazy that there were draft guys saying he's not a natural point guard pre-draft, not a pass he can't make

Reaction Score
Cam just made two 3s in 20 seconds lol
I just pray they don't jerk him around and send him down to the G league. Cam is ready to contribute in the NBA right now. He was the best offensive player on the most dominant team ever in the 64 team tournament. He honestly never should've fell to the end of the second round. Grizzlies got a steal and I hope they realize it.

Reaction Score
I just pray they don't jerk him around and send him down to the G league. Cam is ready to contribute in the NBA right now. He was the best offensive player on the most dominant team ever in the 64 team tournament. He honestly never should've fell to the end of the second round. Grizzlies got a steal and I hope they realize it.
Second to last in the league last year in 3P%, they could definitely use him for that alone

Watching Cam in summer league is a treat. You can tell he's so much smarter than everyone else. It's typically a lot of sitting around until it's your turn to iso, but he's always moving, calling out where guys should be, setting off ball screens everywhere

Reaction Score
Tyrese isn't afraid to shoot. Came off the bench but is leading the team in shots attempted. Currently a team-leading 8 points on 3-7 (43%, not too bad)

Oscar Tshiebwe looks really bad.

Reaction Score
Second to last in the league last year in 3P%, they could definitely use him for that alone

Watching Cam in summer league is a treat. You can tell he's so much smarter than everyone else. It's typically a lot of sitting around until it's your turn to iso, but he's always moving, calling out where guys should be, setting off ball screens everywhere
Yep and he's also the best competitor out there. He wants to win every possession and he's always celebrating when his teammates do something.

Reaction Score
Yep and he's also the best competitor out there. He wants to win every possession and he's always celebrating when his teammates do something.
In the first two games, I saw him run over to help teammates off the ground multiple times. That was so great to see in a summer league game with all new teammates.

Reaction Score
Not too much action for our guys in the Nets/Pacers first half

Tyrese 7 minutes and made the most of it with 8 points. Newton only 5 minutes but 3 assists, putting his PG skills on display (could have had more but this game is rough)

Jarace Walker playing like a beast. Furphy from Kansas is....not

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the pacers game? Why is Newton the only player with single digit minutes? Thought they were pretty liberal throwing around minutes in these games but seems like he's somehow already being passed over

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the pacers game? Why is Newton the only player with single digit minutes? Thought they were pretty liberal throwing around minutes in these games but seems like he's somehow already being passed over
Yeah kind of disappointing as this game is ugly to watch. Just seems like they do have too many people at his position and he isn't getting the chance to prove himself. Not much plays being done. Feels like playground game. At least Martin has 10 pts.

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah kind of disappointing as this game is ugly to watch. Just seems like they do have too many people at his position and he isn't getting the chance to prove himself. Not much plays being done. Feels like playground game. At least Martin has 10 pts.

Yeah the starting backcourt for the Pacers is barf. Combined 4 assists, 12 TOs, 4-18 (0-7 from three) shooting.

Reaction Score
Hoping I'm not jumping the gun after 1 game but he might have got drafted to a bad situation as far as actually making a team. Pacers just gave Quenton Jackson a 2 way deal in March and he's built the same and playing the lead/combo guard role in this game and getting all the minutes.

caw

Reaction Score
If my math is correct, Cam is 9/17 from three and 8/14 from two.

Newton made some solid passes in limited minutes but I do wonder if the Pacers are giving Q. Jackson a bit of a test here. If so, Jackson is failing mightily.

Reaction Score
so Enrique Freeman got a 2 way from the Pacers and was selected one spot behind Tristen and Tristen is coming off the bench in this SL opener, he's up against it for a spot
I don't believe Freeman has been offered a contract yet.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Saw this on iPacers blog where the author graded everyone's performance. He gave Jackson the only F.

Tristen NewtonINC

With how things simply weren’t going Jackson’s way tonight, I don’t know why a guard like Newton didn’t see more time than just 7 minutes. He had 4 assists, nearly leading the team, in his short stints including the lob to Furphy. He had one offensive rebound on a nice play that he converted into another one of his assists as well. I hope we get to see him more in the rest of these games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom