UConn MHOC 2024-25 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 2024-25

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Thought it was time to start looking forward to next year and see how the roster is taking shape. I just wanted to get this into one thread. The next couple of articles will give a pretty good over view on our incoming freshman for next season. With the addition of Tyler Muszelik, we are set at goalie. Carabin is a real nice addition to our defense. I know some of this is old news, but I just wanted to consolidate it in one place. Shout out to Dan Connolly and UConn Hockey Hub for the excellent reporting.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Returnees: not a definitive list.

Pascucci D
Swift D
Karpman F
Muldowney F
Tattle F
Fraser F
Richard F
O.Flynn F
Messineo D
Percival F
Spetz D
Bradley F (is he coming back?)
Schandor F
Heaslip F
Veilleux F
Simpson D
Add 9 freshman and our two portal players and things are starting to take shape. Again, I’m not sure what Bradley has decided to do. No news is good news, so I hope he’s solid for next season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Returnees: not a definitive list.

Pascucci D
Swift D
Karpman F
Muldowney F
Tattle F
Fraser F
Richard F
O.Flynn F
Messineo D
Percival F
Spetz D
Bradley F (is he coming back?)
Schandor F
Heaslip F
Veilleux F
Simpson D
Add 9 freshman and our two portal players and things are starting to take shape. Again, I’m not sure what Bradley has decided to do. No news is good news, so I hope he’s solid for next season.
You can scratch Bradley for next year. Rumor is he is going to go pro. Have not been able to find anything confirming it but I think it’s good info. I had a feeling he was gonna go.

Reaction Score
Bradley will sign this summer after his rights with Detroit expire and he can sign elsewhere

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
These are the seven incoming freshmen. There are nine altogether counting the two goalies. (Tung and Heaney)

Forwards-Ethan Gardula, Mike Murtagh, Kaden Shahan, Ethan Whitcomb
Defensemen-Kevin Fitzgerald, Trey Scott, Kai Janviriya

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
IMG_3098.jpeg

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn men’s hockey picked up one of its youngest commitments in August with forward Mike Murtagh. A native of East Greenbush, New York near Albany, Murtagh will turn 16 in September and doesn’t graduate from the Frederick Gunn School in Washington, Connecticut until 2022. Murtagh won’t join the Huskies until the class of 2023 at the earliest. Turns out he will be here in 2024.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Kevin Fitzgerald, a 2004 defensemen.

Fitzgerald, meanwhile, is a two-way defenseman who skates well with a high hockey IQ and strong skillset. He currently plays for the Brockville Braves in the Central Canadian Hockey League, where he has one goal and three assists in 13 development scrimmages this season.

Fitzgerald had a chance to play major junior hockey after being drafted in the OHL but decided to take the college route instead. He had interest from over 15 teams — including some of the top programs in Hockey East — but ultimately chose the Huskies.

Listed at 5-foot-11, 155 pounds with a left-handed shot, Fitzgerald isn’t expected to come to Storrs until 2022 or 2023,(now 2024) depending on both his own progression and how UConn’s roster shakes out over the next few seasons. (UConn Hockey Blog)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I guess you can all can tell that I’ve got some time on my hands. Just had some surgery. so I’m stuck at home and just a bit bored. Hope this info is helpful as we try to get to know next years team.

Bored Still Waiting GIF by Pudgy Penguins

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Per Dan Connelly, it’s the same OOC teams as usual. Two with Colgate, hey Alaska Anchorage comes in for a game for the public, home and home with Holy Cross, one off with Harvard.

Same crap different year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Cav also says they’re close to a home and home with a western team for 2025-26. He swears they are!

I bet it’s Colorado College again.

Reaction Score
Per Dan Connelly, it’s the same OOC teams as usual. Two with Colgate, hey Alaska Anchorage comes in for a game for the public, home and home with Holy Cross, one off with Harvard.

I get Harvard. Last year was a disappointment. They were picked to be good. It happens. There are other ECAC teams that would be sort of interesting that we haven’t played or haven’t played often. RPI., Clarkson, St Lawrence. Penn State would be fun. Home and home with Holy Cross? Really? That seems like a one off at our place. Then if you want to play another AHA, and I have no problem with that, play a one off with Bentley or Army or someone. HC’s home ice makes the old arena look like a palace. I think it is underground…

Reaction Score
Cav also says they’re close to a home and home with a western team for 2025-26. He swears they are!

I bet it’s Colorado College again.
He'll be lucky if he's coaching that game

Reaction Score

Nothing beats the insanity of telling Minnesota no to rescheduling dates for a series at UConn last season.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hi folks. This is a PSA for all of our mental health situations over the next few months. It’s summer time. It’s time to bitch about the Sox or the Yanks or what ever MLB team annoys you. Let’s try to look forward to next season and see what may be. Cav is coming back, he’s putting a team together and at this point everything else is conjecture. We know no one likes Toscano…we’ve beaten that one to death. Let’s try to keep that out of this thread and just talk about next year. Hey, I appreciate everyone’s opinions…well mostly…but hey, let’s learn about this team and support them when the season starts. Oh yeah, renew your season tickets if you have them and keep in mind that I can’t make every game and would be happy to give you mine, free of charge, if you can make those games. I’m all about keeping those seats full. That is my rant. Enjoy the summer. I appreciate all of you.

IMG_3116.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom