UConn Merchandise | The Boneyard

UConn Merchandise

Reaction Score
I have a daughter who is attending UConn in fall and I wanted to add a few items to my wardrobe for the golf course, tailgates, etc. Does anyone know why UConn isn’t a Peter Millar or Johnnie-O or even 47 Brand (hats) school? It seemed like every school we visited on the college tour journey had those brands in their bookstores/fan shops.

I’m seeing brands like Antigua and Columbia (and Nike) which reminds me of my college days in the 80s (so, not a compliment). Who’s making these decisions? The bookstore? Athletics?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree about the lack of any Peter Millar apparel and have asked the same question with no answer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wonder when and if DH comes out with another T-Shirt for 2022-23
What about "More than one line on our Dance Card"

Reaction Score
I’m 46 and still wearing a few shirts from high school, I’m not worthy of making any fashion statements.

Oh,,,,,but I have a new UConn athletic sweatshirt with a hood. Feels way to thin and light. I like the hooded sweatshirts that weigh 50lbz.

Reaction Score
Check out Peter Millar’s stuff; it ain’t kid stuff. I think us and DePaul are the only Big East schools they don’t carry:

Actually, I’m pretty sure Jay Wright has been wearing their apparel on the sidelines.
You’d think that UConn would have alumni and parents and fans in general that would want something nicer than what’s being offered. Flipping Seton Hall has Peter Millar stuff.

I guess I just felt like the brands and product were much more Tolland County circa 1987.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You’d think that UConn would have alumni and parents and fans in general that would want something nicer than what’s being offered. Flipping Seton Hall has Peter Millar stuff.

I guess I just felt like the brands and product were much more Tolland County circa 1987.
Agreed.

And thinking about it some more, I think McDermott was also wearing Peter Millar stuff court side. I’ll bet a lot of them do. It’s nice stuff.

Reaction Score

I totally agree with this sentiment... the low quality of our merchandise is a big problem for the UConn brand. Peter Millar is an absolute must and I hope the decision maker for this issue reads this thread.

Reaction Score
Isn't Kyle Muncy the guy at UConn who deals with this? I'd ask him.

He also responds to people on Twitter.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of narcissists.

My caps are Zephyr, which must be crap because every SEC school, plus UNC, Clemson, Stanford and Harvard school uses them.
Take a deep breath, Hat King. New Era, 47 Brand and American Needle are ok brands. “They’re not bad!” To be a school that doesn’t carry any of these or - on an apparel front - Peter Millar, Johnnie O, etc is 2nd tier. You don’t have to like it, but it’s facts

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Christmas morning:

Sonova: "My turn!! Okay, so excited to see this gift!!"

[unwraps gift]

Sonova: "Okay!!! Love the logo! The colors!! And the block C!!!"

Mrs. Sonova: "Oh hun, glad you like it. You've always been tough to .."

Sonova: [ groans]

Mrs. Sonova: "What is it?"

Sonova: "You didn't notice this is L.L. Bean? I mean, it looks great, but it's not Tomy Bahama."

Mrs. Sonova: " You sonova bitch. I'm leaving you!!"

Reaction Score
Christmas morning:

Sonova: "My turn!! Okay, so excited to see this gift!!"

[unwraps gift]

Sonova: "Okay!!! Love the logo! The colors!! And the block C!!!"

Mrs. Sonova: "Oh hun, glad you like it. You've always been tough to .."

Sonova: [ groans]

Mrs. Sonova: "What is it?"

Sonova: "You didn't notice this is L.L. Bean? I mean, it looks great, but it's not Tomy Bahama."

Mrs. Sonova: " You sonova bitch. I'm leaving you!!"
I dont think you need to send your portfolio to Family Guy.

In any event - wondering why UConn isnt part of the more current brands doesn’t seem overly brand-conscious, much less snooty. Just wondering why we don’t have nicer stuff. But if Gear For Sports is your idea of premium, that’s cool too.

Reaction Score
I dont think you need to send your portfolio to Family Guy.

In any event - wondering why UConn isnt part of the more current brands doesn’t seem overly brand-conscious, much less snooty. Just wondering why we don’t have nicer stuff. But if Gear For Sports is your idea of premium, that’s cool too.
Peter Millar is cool if you're 50, I guess

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a bunch of narcissists.

My caps are Zephyr, which must be crap because every SEC school, plus UNC, Clemson, Stanford and Harvard school uses them.
They’re great if you like the soft, golf hat that looks weathered style. If you want some flat brim shiny bling wanker hat, they don’t do that. I love my hook C Zephyr hat.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
never heard of peter millar.
took at look at peter millar website. saw 'peter millar' branded t-shirt, fiddy bucks.
stopped looking at peter millar website.
now, iffn u want to max out huskie full sartorial splendor as game related positive mojo, here's the tao:
hockey jersey. drop the mic.
we had our new hockey jerseys for our entrance into morgantown last fall.
boom. before we knew it, folks were chattering 'ooh, that's nice ...what's it made from?... good colors...ooo, that's nice, how much?' more than enough of them to remember.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom