Reaction Score
Christmas morning:

Sonova: "My turn!! Okay, so excited to see this gift!!"

[unwraps gift]

Sonova: "Okay!!! Love the logo! The colors!! And the block C!!!"

Mrs. Sonova: "Oh hun, glad you like it. You've always been tough to .."

Sonova: [ groans]

Mrs. Sonova: "What is it?"

Sonova: "You didn't notice this is L.L. Bean? I mean, it looks great, but it's not Tomy Bahama."

Mrs. Sonova: " You sonova bitch. I'm leaving you
the ending needs to be tighter. kinda drifts.

Reaction Score
They must have had '47 brand hats at some point because I have one and I def bought it within the last five years or so.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
To be fair, good job by whomever for getting some jersey adds..
Caron, Rudy Gay, Andre drummond…
Nice!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
per that UConn Trademark twitter account, "Peter Millar should be available in the late summer."
Futurama Reaction GIF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a bunch of narcissists.

My caps are Zephyr, which must be crap because every SEC school, plus UNC, Clemson, Stanford and Harvard school uses them.
I have some nice Zephyr hats. 47 and New Era too. And Nike.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pops sez 'and don't u show up at the game in the zubazz with little huskies on them, and expect to sit next to us! i'll disown ur seat privileges in a new york minute!'

zubazz? some kinda of 80s 'hammer pants' thing, near as i can figger it.

IMG_9329.jpg

pops is old, and knows stuff. as usual, he's right aboot this one too.
don't leave the house looking like this, even if peter millar made them.

i blame boomers for stretchy pants. seems like one day, they all woke up to not fitting in their levi hiphuggers, and decided en masse that stretchy waistbands were the future, and that everybody should be walking around in pijamas. yeah, ummm no. and speaking of stretchy pants, anyone else noticing that in fairdale county, all the woman wear stretchy pants? weird.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
on him, it belongs cuz he's an entertainer.

yo, sound the bell cuz
school's in, sucker.'

i, for one, am not entertained when walking around trader joes in pursuit of cheap brie, chocolate, and sesame sticks. mos def. mg thinks tj's is some kind of singles hunting place for fairdale county divorcee's. sometimes we stroll around there and play a game of sartorial cynicism for those ladies. it goes like this: 'not on you! not on you! ok, that works for you.. not on you...' sumtimes, she'll say 'and get rid of that beard! it's like a freakin magnet in here! and don't wear the rollie submariner around here either!'
can't stand watches, jewelry, that whole thing. the watch was a gift, and mebbe, once in every million years or so, i'll wear it.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I hate millar stuff. I get why golfers like it but it isn't for me. The issue I have with our merchandise is the general lack of availability. It's quite annoying but that's an entirely different issue.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I love how people need to complain about everything. Sorry the tiniest UConn logo isn't on the $150 quarterzip you wanted, oh the horror.

Not sure how the price is relevant to the discussion. But the lack of UCon branded stuff is annoying... especially if you're hardly home but always reppin' iykyk.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pro tip: u want husky stuff at very reasonable prices? stop in at the goodwill, peruse the clothing aisles. sumtimes, you could choke on all the husky stuff there. stylin.
where do you think i got the 4 championship t-shirts? and the retail 1 fiddy warmups, for like a tener. they're breakaways, with buttons all up and down the legs. i don't like polyester clothing of any purpose, but it is fun sometimes in winter, to walk into the gym, grab the waistband, whip them off in one fell swoop, and announce 'cliffy's here!' (crowd response: 'meh, big deal.. all that matters is that you get us one closer to ten.')

and when it rings up at 5 or 10, be a big shot, and toss them a twenty.
it's for a good cause.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
never heard of peter millar.
took at look at peter millar website. saw 'peter millar' branded t-shirt, fiddy bucks.
stopped looking at peter millar website.
now, iffn u want to max out Husky full sartorial splendor as game related positive mojo, here's the tao:
hockey jersey. drop the mic.
we had our new hockey jerseys for our entrance into morgantown last fall.
boom. before we knew it, folks were chattering 'ooh, that's nice ...what's it made from?... good colors...ooo, that's nice, how much?' more than enough of them to remember.

Any website where hockey jerseys are available?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Any website where hockey jerseys are available?
wait, i'll check... i wasn't in charge of getting those last summer.
'hey! where did u get the jerseys last summer?
bobs online. around a hundred bucks each.
a hundred bucks each? whoa, not cheap. wait, a half dozen of them, and u spent a hunster on each? who are u, the queen of england?
thanks.'

i also took a quick spin around the net to find them, but the links mostly ended up in 'sold out.'
ours are the blue, and white, ones, but this is pretty slick too.
full_size.jpg

yeppers, slap a wolf ready to bite on ur chest, and you look primed to live large. the UCONN on the backside just screams 'kiss my grits.'
and remember, not really for the golf course, unless ur adam sandler.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love how people need to complain about everything. Sorry the tiniest UConn logo isn't on the $150 quarterzip you wanted, oh the horror.
Speaking only for myself, it's more an observation and question than a complaint. I thought it strange that Millar has all the other Big East schools besides DePaul and UConn, as well as most other schools of note across the country.

I have always preferred merch with subtle and understated designs to loud and busy ones, which is why I like the minimalist Millar stuff. I have my share of loud stuff too and it has its place, but I get far more everyday wear out of the understated items.

My wife stole my old school 1/4 zip Husky fleece (probably Antigua or some such) around 20 years ago and she literally wears it almost every single day. It's navy blue and just has the small, old red-tongue Husky logo embroidered on the left chest. I replaced it for myself around 5-10 years ago with a Nike sideline 1/4 zip that has the new Husky logo on the left chest. It's fine and I wear it often (especially to games), but it's more of an athletic item than a piece of normal clothing.

I only have a few Millar items and none of them are branded. I like their pants because they're incredibly comfortable and versatile, but would not want them branded with a UConn logo. The only 1/4 zip I have from them is wool and it's well made and was a good value based on comparable products, and it's also unbranded. I don't think the collegiate stuff comes in wool so I'm interested to see what all justifies the price tag on those 1/4 zips, but I've happy been enough with the quality of their other items that I would check one out when available and see if it's worth it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Speaking only for myself, it's more an observation and question than a complaint. I thought it strange that Millar has all the other Big East schools besides DePaul and UConn, as well as most other schools of note across the country.

I have always preferred merch with subtle and understated designs to loud and busy ones, which is why I like the minimalist Millar stuff. I have my share of loud stuff too and it has its place, but I get far more everyday wear out of the understated items.

My wife stole my old school 1/4 zip Husky fleece (probably Antigua or some such) around 20 years ago and she literally wears it almost every single day. It's navy blue and just has the small, old red-tongue Husky logo embroidered on the left chest. I replaced it for myself around 5-10 years ago with a Nike sideline 1/4 zip that has the new Husky logo on the left chest. It's fine and I wear it often (especially to games), but it's more of an athletic item than a piece of normal clothing.

I only have a few Millar items and none of them are branded. I like their pants because they're incredibly comfortable and versatile, but would not want them branded with a UConn logo. The only 1/4 zip I have from them is wool and it's well made and was a good value based on comparable products, and it's also unbranded. I don't think the collegiate stuff comes in wool so I'm interested to see what all justifies the price tag on those 1/4 zips, but I've happy been enough with the quality of their other items that I would check one out when available and see if it's worth it.
This is only slightly on topic, but I think pre-pandemic I could have been talked into one of those Millar KU Championship 1/4 zips, as it would function as work attire about 4-5 months a year. Now I can effectively wear "louder" stuff while working at home. I wore my UConn Hockey jersey several times, that's about as loud as it gets. My standard spring/fall attire is now Vineyard Vines long sleeve T-Shirts (wearing one today) which are fairly subtle and unbranded (Pebble Beach) or tech company logo 1/4 zips on colder days (got several free). I do have an Antigua long sleeve golf shirt in Navy with the logo like your 1/4 zip. I do agree those nicer items are more versatile, something you can wear out to dinner where a sweatshirt isn't appropriate. The nicer 1/4 zips have completely replaced sweaters in my wardrobe.

I might even venture into the office this week. It's only been 25 months.

Reaction Score
On the topic of UConn merch… my mailman just delivered this from shop.uconnhuskies.com. It looks like my wife and kids wanted to surprise me. The Jonathan logo looks and feels like a sticker a child designed and printed on a sticker printer. I’m literally in shock at how poor quality this is.

Attachments

• A930F398-DA5C-4071-B949-2ADA68BA852E.jpeg
    A930F398-DA5C-4071-B949-2ADA68BA852E.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 140
Reaction Score
I'm in the camp that UConn needs more upscale merchandise to cater to the fan/alumni base with deeper pockets. Let's face it, whether you agree with it or not, branding is branding and the likes of Peter Millar, etc. are a big brand. Yes, Nike makes some flashy, good-looking gear but it's often best for athletic/lounge wear. There's a reason big fanbases in the southeast, southwest, and on the west coast have nice gameday gear, even if it's preppier than what some people here may gravitate to.

People wanna look good in the office, at family gatherings, at dinners, etc. while repping UConn in a way that doesn't look like they're heading straight to/from the golf course, which if we're being honest is Nike's best appeal. I like the Columbia addition over the last few years as well -- kind of a hybrid between nicer wear but also athleisure.

Reaction Score
I bought something like these a couple of years ago and my wife put them on my quarter zips, fleeces etc. Really no need to get official merchandise when you can find quality embroidered logos online. I made custom Brooks Brothers, Nike and Patagonia UConn gear.

This patch I just found on Amazon is a little big (3”x4”) but I bought a pack of 10 smaller ones online a couple of years ago for $20 or so and they worked out great. This seller on Amazon will actually make smaller ones on request. You just have to contact him and ask. I think he is in Thailand. There is 6 pack of smaller ones on Etsey for $7.59.

Attachments

• CAFC5582-C9AC-4122-99EF-9BE4E2562374.jpeg
    CAFC5582-C9AC-4122-99EF-9BE4E2562374.jpeg
    820.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Peter Millar yells "I'm a boomer." I avoid it like covid. My UConn golf shirt is Nike. Love it.
For the grownups who might want something a bit nicer, Peter Millar is a pretty good choice that just about every enviable school carries. I’d rather be a boomer than someone who spends their time name-calling someone else’s brand preferences.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For the grownups who might want something a bit nicer, Peter Millar is a pretty good choice that just about every enviable school carries. I’d rather be a boomer than someone who spends their time name-calling someone else’s brand preferences.
Ok boomer

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom