UConn Merchandise | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Merchandise

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Iirc you are also the one who thinks business suits should be outlawed.
I am not for banning anything, but if I never put another suit on as long as I live, I will be glad for it. I think tall thin people feel differently about suit jackets. They just aren't made for me.

Perhaps ironically per XLs post, I'm so casual, I look at Peter Millar type stuff as my replacement for suits. If my shoes aren't running shoes or hiking shoes, I'm "dressed up". Boomers on the other hand, wear long sleeve button up shirts and loafers on weekends. It boggles my mind.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Never heard of Peter Millar, but in my searches it appears to be golf related attire. Let's set ourselves apart and link up with Bill Murray's brand for some UConn William Murray Golf attire.
This would be awesome. William Murray makes some very nice stuff, and it's a little less conservatize looking, a little bolder while still tasteful.

I mean, this is awesome. I just ordered it. Found a coupon code FREESHIP that worked.

"From afar, a standard Southern charm pattern—which up close are really beer pints, frothy mugs and loaded growlers for beer drinkers and hell raisers everywhere."

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have a few of the William Murray polos. Love that from a distance they look like just a regular shirt, but get to close and they are everything but.

Millar has some nice stuff and I do agree UConn should branch out like other schools and bring in some other brands that can be wearable by the working professional. Keep the logo subtle and keep the school relevant everywhere in every setting.

Reaction Score
I’m all for Peter Millar and that style of dress but why would I want a UConn logo on those clothes? I don’t need a UConn logo when I’m in the office, at a function or out to a nice dinner. Do I need it for a game? Sure. But why would I want to wear those clothes to a game? Give me jeans, a hoodie, t-shirt or jersey to game. People who dress to the nines at some gross arena sitting on top of everyone is as asinine as the people who dress up to fly. Those planes are disgusting.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and now a word aboot 'proper golf course' attire.
context:
how us swamp yankee dress in the winter,
walker2.jpg

cold? meh. wool hat, shorts. it's the law, as i've been told. i don't want to break the law. the only problem with this law is that up in Vermont, they have an addendum stating 'and the wool hat has to be as ridiculous looking as possible, with little tibetan balls, or antlers hanging off the lid.' (related Vermont sidepoint: iffn u mashup grateful dead with phish, you get dead fish.)
context, 2:
i always shoot in the 70s. if it's colder, i ain't goin out.
the story.
my regular links pals have developed a nervous tic. often, u can see them in the parking lot frantically fishing around in their car, looking for an extra collared shirt to have handy in case the man brings the heat to ol cliffy and his t-shirt issues. it takes like a nanosecond for me to be peeling down to a t-shirt as soon as the starter is in the rearview, cuz, you know, often it's smokin hot out there. i don't go shirtless tho. i ain't no heathen. so, my pals are a bit scarred from the possible kabuki theater waiting for them.
the ranger: 'i thought we cleared this up an hour ago. sir, u must wear a collared shirt on the course.'
me: well ya see, my buddie got mad and poured a beer on me, and i took it off to rinse it out in the pond.'
the ranger: 'sir, please put on an appropriate collared shirt or i'll have to ask you to leave...'
so i can't wear a t-shirt, but youse can parade around out there in pink pants with little green whales on them? seriously? fight the power.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Stopped by Storrs this weekend on my way home from vacation to show my 9 and 5 year-olds the campus, Gampel, the Husky Statue, Calhoun Way, future hockey rink, etc since they’ve never been there.

Went to the bookstore and spent $250 on gear for them (and myself) along with some future Christmas gifts for family members. I didn’t buy one but noticed there were some Vineyard Vines polos for $125 in case that’s anyone’s brand of choice for upscale work attire.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cutter&Buck now making polos for the sophisticated UConn football fan

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Cutter&Buck now making polos for the sophisticated UConn football fan
They make nice stuff. I ordered a Kansas 1/4 zip from C&B and the quality is really high.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom