UConn men's basketball team will take European trip in August | The Boneyard

UConn men's basketball team will take European trip in August

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> The national champion UConn men's basketball team is heading to Europe.

The Huskies will take a tour of Europe in August, practicing and playing against various teams in France and in Spain from Aug. 2-10. This trip is separate from the UConn women's team's European trip, which will run Aug. 14-25 through Croatia, Slovenia and Italy. <-

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> The national champion UConn men's basketball team is heading to Europe.

The Huskies will take a tour of Europe in August, practicing and playing against various teams in France and in Spain from Aug. 2-10. This trip is separate from the UConn women's team's European trip, which will run Aug. 14-25 through Croatia, Slovenia and Italy. <-

I've been asking for this for years. Obviously Covid put a stop to these trips for a while. When was the last one UConn took? It's been a long time.

Reaction Score
A lot of new faces, allowable extra practices before the trip, and game experience on the trip? It‘s almost as if the staff knows what they are doing.

The quality of opponents on these trips can vary greatly, but any game action for the players (and usually some head coaching experience for the assistants) is a nice add.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe Timberlake is a world traveler. Someone get him on the line.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
August is an interesting time to go to Europe; basically the entire continent is on vacation (holiday).

Reaction Score
pretty sure they were scheduled to do one of these trips summer of 2020 that was cancelled for obvious reasons.

if they allow fans at the games i am gonna strongly consider going, haha...

Reaction Score
Then they get to Hawaii later in year. You would think we should be able to get a good transfer for sure with these trips alone

Reaction Score
I've been asking for this for years. Obviously Covid put a stop to these trips for a while. When was the last one UConn took? It's been a long time.
I believe Covid actually canceled the last one UConn was supposed to go on.

Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk I'm gonna back you up on this: I know most of us probably don't like Kansas at the moment but I've played several shows in Lawrence and the music scene IS pretty great and I'd put it up there as top 10 college towns in the country.

I know this is a Europe thread but after the Steak/timberlake thread I'll take the detour without guilt.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
August is a great time to go to France and especially Paris. The south is nuts but the rest is perfect. Some small shops and restaurants will be closed, but they also call off the riots and strikes until early September.

We‘re actually going in early September and hoping that people take a few weeks before being outraged by whatever is outrageous this year.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm looking to also go visit that same 1st week August in Swiss/France Alps area. I doubt will be able to see the team in action, but will definitely be wearing UConn merchandise there at the minimum.

August is a great time to go to France and especially Paris. The south is nuts but the rest is perfect. Some small shops and restaurants will be closed, but they also call off the riots and strikes until early September.

We‘re actually going in early September and hoping that people take a few weeks before being outraged by whatever is outrageous this year.

Reaction Score
Euro trip is nice for the foreign players as well. Nice opp to make some cash you’d think
mi scusi GIF

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
I'm looking to also go visit that same 1st week August in Swiss/France Alps area. I doubt will be able to see the team in action, but will definitely be wearing UConn merchandise there at the minimum.
We just booked Lake Como and Swiss Alps for the last two weeks of August. I'm a little annoyed that this news broke literally a day after I booked. Would've loved to have made some minor adjustments to see The Boys in action!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom