UConn - Memphis Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn - Memphis Game Thread

Reaction Score
The worst pass D in FBS doesn’t get fixed overnight, especially against an offense like Memphis. Just gonna have to grit & bear it this season.

I think most of the defensive problem is wrong players for the scheme. Only way to fix defense in ST is change the scheme and I don't think they will.

Reaction Score
Seriously? I’m not the defense coordinator. I have no accountability. I guarantee Crocker cannot do my job. Why should I have to do his? I want him to do his job and take accountability for this. Seriously. If you cant see with your own eyes that this defense is awful I am sorry for you.
I really don't understand how he can keep his job. Memphis (although they'll run more) is on track for 700 yards in total offense. Defense is pitiful

Reaction Score
Uconn defense pathetic. Pathetic. The front three: charge them admission. The secondary: remove them from the stadium. Also Memphis (Fergeson 35 passes thrown), Uconn (Sheriffs 20 passes): needs to be the other way around. Throw the ball. Throw the ball. Play to win.

what does uconn have to do to win this game?

Score and recover every onside kick after each score?

Reaction Score
I didn’t say it wasn’t awful...

I wanted to hear what you solution was. What players you would trade out. You can only use/hide so many players. Taking accountability doesn’t fix the problem.
Why is it my job to figure out what to do? Crocker is getting $300K+ to figure out how to best coordinate his defense. Not me. Do your job, Crocker. Take accountability for this!! I can only discuss what I am seeing. This is awful. I went to games last year and was shocked how bad the offense was. Give Lashlee credit. He has made progress with the offense. Still a long way to go but you van see improvement. But the defense has regressed to unbelievable proportions. How does Crocker get a pass?

Reaction Score
Seriously? I’m not the defense coordinator. I have no accountability. I guarantee Crocker cannot do my job. Why should I have to do his? I want him to do his job and take accountability for this. Seriously. If you cant see with your own eyes that this defense is awful I am sorry for you.

The smug superiority is strong in this one!

Reaction Score
Where are the trick plays? A few hook and ladders would work well in this game.

Reaction Score
Amazing that we can’t ever get a fumble even by chance.

Reaction Score
Just saw Edsall fling his clipboard in the air on that last 3rd & long conversion. Papers went flying.

Reaction Score
lol. I am at the game and just saw Edsall throw his clipboard and all his papers up in the air after the defense gave up a third and long.

Reaction Score
Settle for below mediocrity. Good for you!! You must be proud!!!!

Not what I meant at all. I guess it doesn't take a genius to do that 6 figure income job you were bragging about earlier.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure it is all Crocker’s fault. RE may share his philosophy. He hired him. Crocker can probably build a good D in his own way, we just can’t wait that long.

I would have guessed we were undefeated if you showed me our offensive numbers to this point prior to the season. I never saw this defense being so weak. I knew we lost a lot of guys but defense is our thing and I don’t think Diaco’s D would be nearly this bad with this group.

Reaction Score
Why is it my job to figure out what to do? Crocker is getting $300K+ to figure out how to best coordinate his defense. Not me. Do your job, Crocker. Take accountability for this!! I can only discuss what I am seeing. This is awful. I went to games last year and was shocked how bad the offense was. Give Lashlee credit. He has made progress with the offense. Still a long way to go but you van see improvement. But the defense has regressed to unbelievable proportions. How does Crocker get a pass?

Yes the DC should take a defense from a Jack Nickolson wac job coach and make them AA players.

Learn the game dude.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I gotta say, in all of this mess of a game, the O Line has actually held pretty well. On that 3rd and 15 on our own 5 just now, the O Line held a solid pocket for BS

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Why do we even punt?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Last punt: 40 yards with no hang time; a line drive. Uggghhhhhhh.

Reaction Score
Aisles just got busy after that last TD. Can’t blame ‘em. This is pathetic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom