UConn @ MD Trip (Ryan Phalen, Baseball Bus, Travel, Hotels, Tailgate etc...) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ MD Trip (Ryan Phalen, Baseball Bus, Travel, Hotels, Tailgate etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Everyone relax. Were going to have a ton of fans down there which is great. Getting a bunch at this show is a great thing. It for es the media to ackowledge that uconn fans were there in numbers. Nothing bad is gona happen. Everyone enjoy yourselves and rep blue hard. RE will get a kick out of uconn fans showing up and enjoy it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Also do u guys have reservations or anything? How do u know u can get in? It could be like season tix level fans only or something. Just chrcking to make sure all uconn fans are set.....

Reaction Score
Brilliant idea. Let our coaches and players go out of their way to avoid giving other teams bulletin board material, and then let's send fans in to provide an opponent with added incentive on the eve of a game.

This is hardly a brilliant or original idea, but the time to belittle or interfere with an opponent, any opponent, is after you beat them. Not before.

Buzzkill.

Nothing about the way Edsall left UConn was classy. What is the incentive to be polite? He's a loser.

Dream Job chant = Funny.

I won't be there on Thursday but I will listen to his radio show and I hope to hear some UConn presence in the background.

Reaction Score
Buzzkill.

Nothing about the way Edsall left UConn was classy. What is the incentive to be polite? He's a loser.

Dream Job chant = Funny.

I won't be there on Thursday but I will listen to his radio show and I hope to hear some UConn presence in the background.

The buzzkill statement absolutely shows the split on the board that exists. There are posters who dislike Edsall more than they like UConn football and would get pleasure out of disrupting a Maryland event even if it gives Maryland more incentive to beat us. And then there are those, like me, to whom winning comes first, second and third.

I'd say tomato, tomatoe, except that too many in the first category don't even understand they care more about hating Edsall than supporting UConn.

Reaction Score
The buzzkill statement absolutely shows the split on the board that exists. There are posters who dislike Edsall more than they like UConn football and would get pleasure out of disrupting a Maryland event even if it gives Maryland more incentive to beat us. And then there are those, like me, to whom winning comes first, second and third.

I'd say tomato, tomatoe, except that too many in the first category don't even understand they care more about hating Edsall than supporting UConn.

I think that's a bit extreme BL, but I like your point. THere are many ways to make a very big impression. There are times when being loud, obnoxious, and offensive can be effective, and there are times when silence is even more powerful.

I think that in the stadium environment, a huge sea of blue and white, that's remarkably loud, and obnoxious to Maryland fans (obnoxious in a way they just wish we weren't there kind of way - rather than thinking we're a bunch of s).........is ideal.

I think, htat Edsall, sitting at the table, being interviewed on a stage with microphones (as I picture it to happen at an event like this, greeted by a sea of blue and white, that's simply polite, and engaging, with each other, would be much more powerful of a signal to send.

Call me crazy, that's my opinion. Nothing says crazy ex-girlfriend, like showing up at an event like this, and making a scene.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, heckling Edsall with a "Dream Job" chant at his radio show would have 0% affect on Maryland's gameday preparation. Maybe less than 0%.

Reaction Score
Last thought on this from me:

Be respectful and polite to Maryland fans, players, employees, ticket taker, Ledo's waitresses, etc.

... but ride Edsall hard.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, heckling Edsall with a "Dream Job" chant at his radio show would have 0% affect on Maryland's gameday preparation. Maybe less than 0%.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I think it is much more damaging to the UConn rep than you think. I hope it doesn't happen. What will matter, is what happens on the field, that we agree.

I'll tell you what, though, hundreds of UConn fans chanting "Dream Job" from the stands, after the game, as long as the on-field events support it?

That will most definitely have an effect on that program in the future.

and for those reasons, I again hope it doesn't happen, but if it were to happen? There's at least justification for the negative influence it would have.

There's nothing justifying showing up at an event like this one that Thursday, and creating a disruptive envirnoment.

It only reflects badly on UConn if that were to happen. A whole bunch of fans at this event, but being polite and engaging with the enemy prior to the game, would be a much, much more powerful statement.

I hope that our fans in Maryland, represent UConn well. I won't write anything else on it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Spoke to the people in our party ( about 20 from Bristol). We are planning to go to Ledo's restaurant Thursday night for RE radio show. I believe it is from 7 -8 pm. Not looking to cause any trouble, .. .

Um, yes you are. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe yes, maybe no. I think it is much more damaging to the UConn rep than you think. I hope it doesn't happen. What will matter, is what happens on the field, that we agree.

I'll tell you what, though, hundreds of UConn fans chanting "Dream Job" from the stands, after the game, as long as the on-field events support it?

Agree that has more effect.

Reaction Score
if the visitor's section is pretty full of UConn fans you could definitely get on the tv audio broadcast with a nice coordinated "dream job" chant if we have the game wrapped up. i watched ND from home and couldn't believe how clear the UConn chants were at the end. it was very clear and very loud. my wife had only been half watching the game and made a comment during the chanting at the end that she thought the game was at ND. i told her it in fact was and she was pretty puzzled at what she'd been hearing.

Reaction Score
I guess Kentucky fans really took a beating for how they treated Pitino, LSU football really took a step back for how they treated Saban on his return. If you don't want to take crap from fans whose team you coached biggest game for while already having an undisclosed interview with your dream school, then don't do interviews in a public place, go do interviews with Glamour Magazine.
fhcRE is just an opposing coach now who had a Kragthorpean season and Uconn needs to keep him on his losing ways. If a few fan hecklers can get under his skin, maybe get him to coach even more Kragthorpean against us. Its all good.
Dream job is actually pretty funny. Won't be so funny if lose, but seeing fhcRE speaking after having lost to Bill & Mary and the Owls and hearing "Dream Job" would be more than just funny.
As far as worrying about what is said, have any of you guys seen some of the stuff Terp Fans have said about fhcRE, "Dream Job" would be like the nicest thing that has been said about him in a long while.

Reaction Score

Straw man again. Hard to say there are none of anything, but since you are making the statement, name the "posters" who dislike Edsall more than they like Uconn football; and provide your proof. You just say'n it may be proof to you, but ...
I guess there are a lot of Maryland fans who hate fhcRE more than they like Maryland football for all the crap they are writing about him.

Reaction Score
Brilliant idea. Let our coaches and players go out of their way to avoid giving other teams bulletin board material, and then let's send fans in to provide an opponent with added incentive on the eve of a game.

This is hardly a brilliant or original idea, but the time to belittle or interfere with an opponent, any opponent, is after you beat them. Not before.
So I guess you are not going to be there.

Reaction Score

As I stated in my opening post. We are NOT there to start any trouble. We are all in our 50's ( husbands and wives) and the last thing we are looking for is a problem. I am not a RE hater. I think he did a great job in most area's while he was at UConn. If I have the chance to talk to him that night, I ( and the rest of our party) would be respectful of him. I still think it is a great idea to show up, fill the place with UConn supporters and leave with class. To say we don't consider winning the game as the number 1 objective is an inaccurate assumption on your part.

Reaction Score
As I stated in my opening post. We are NOT there to start any trouble. We are all in our 50's ( husbands and wives) and the last thing we are looking for is a problem. I am not a RE hater. I think he did a great job in most area's while he was at UConn. If I have the chance to talk to him that night, I ( and the rest of our party) would be respectful of him. I still think it is a great idea to show up, fill the place with UConn supporters and leave with class. To say we don't consider winning the game as the number 1 objective is an inaccurate assumption on your part.

I was not directing my comments at you particularly. Read the thread. We have fans who want to make themselves part of someone elses news conference.

Enough for me. I will continue to focus on UConn football. It's a free country and those who want to continue to focus on an ex-coach are absolutely free to do so.

Reaction Score
I sure hope there's no disruption of anything. Class is best in the long run. Would one U-C-O-N-N chant be horrible at the end? Maybe not but we are guests there. Act the way you'd like to be treated by people coming here. Pretty simple just keep a thin skin and a smile on your face.

Reaction Score
I lIke Turtles.jpg

Reaction Score
I sure hope there's no disruption of anything. Class is best in the long run. Would one U-C-O-N-N chant be horrible at the end? Maybe not but we are guests there. Act the way you'd like to be treated by people coming here. Pretty simple just keep a thin skin and a smile on your face.
+1 and more. Classless behavior is never a good answer to classless behavior. Many on this board are outspoken about wanting UCONN in another conference. That being the case, the program and its fans will be better served if UCONN fan behavior doesn't become an issue.

Reaction Score
Anyone researched enough to know what lot I need to be in/pass I need to buy to be in the best position to tailgate at the MD game and how early people can show up? Thanks!

Reaction Score
Anyone researched enough to know what lot I need to be in/pass I need to buy to be in the best position to tailgate at the MD game and how early people can show up? Thanks!

Lots open at 6:30am- we have a group tailgate (over 200 people right now). Here's the info from the MD tailgating thread that's pinned to the board- there's ideas where to park from the MD parking office in the post too:

Drew at theBaseballbus.com and I have coordinated on a tailgate for the Maryland game- we’ll be doing both breakfast and lunch for $10/person. The tailgate will be fairly basic- bagels, muffins, donuts, fruit, and juices for early pre-game (6:30am til 11 or so); and burgers/dogs with chips soda and probably salad from 11 til noon then after the game. BYOB, of course. We’re planning on a 200+ person tailgate, similar to the one we had at Michigan, and want to avoid the lines we had there so we’re keeping the grilling requirement to a minimum- keep in mind that just our two buses are over 90 people.

For those not on either of our buses, Drew spoke with the top parking guy for football at MD- UConn fans should be able to park very close to Drew’s bus (which will be in lot C1) for free the day of the game. His suggestion is for fans to get there early and target lots C2, L, K2, K1, K5 (found on this parking map- http://www.transportation.umd.edu/parking/maps/map_color.pdf). These are metered parking lots, but metered parking is free on Saturdays and will be close to completely empty at the time gates open at 6:30am. The lots listed hold between 300 and 400 cars, but I don’t know how quickly they will fill up so the sooner you get there the better.

If you’re not on the buses and will be joining us for the tailgate, please send Drew an email (info@thebaseballbus.com) and cc: me (phalen@ironwoodcap.com). If you’re on the bus, you don’t need to email us- we don’t want to double-count anyone.

Money for the tailgate will be due September 5th so we can get a good headcount. Payment info will be sent when you email us your RSVP.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Based on the UM stadium seating chart the UCONN seats are in section 2. I also prefer to sit with UCONN fans. It does make for a nice atmosphere. I have done this in Charlotte, Michigan, Toronto and many other games. But my thought for this game is Maryland doesn't sellout and moving over to the visitor section will not be a problem from what I have been told. Anyways, anyone who wants better seats we will start the game 2 sections over in section 4. I have a feeling there will be many UCONN fans around us at this game.

Love to see 3000 fans turnout or is that crazy?

were talking more than 3k. spread the word, #occupybyrd!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I just want to chant "inside handoff" every time he calls it on 3rd and long and Smallwood swallows the tailback in the backfield.

Reaction Score
theBaseballBus.com has organized a welcome reception for all UConn Husky fans on Friday 9/14 at 6pm.
Our group of 50+ is staying in downtown Baltimore that evening before heading to College Park on Saturday morning. So, If you #BleedBlue and are also staying downtown Friday night, live in the area, or are driving through at that time on your way to college park stop in to Pickles Pub!

Here are the details:
Husky Fans will have their own room for cocktails and food upstairs at Pickles Pub.
From 6pm to 7pm- $1 drafts.
From 6pm to 8pm the following menu specials will be available for our group:
2 for 1 pitchers
$1.75 domestic drafts
$2.25 import and craft drafts
$2.50 domestic bottles
$3 rail drinks
$6 16 inch pizzas
$4 Nachos
$5 Wings
Pickles Pub - 520 Washington Blvd. - Baltimore, MD
If you plan to join our group please e-mail me at Info@theBaseballBus.com so I can give an accurate count to the manager.

Reaction Score
theBaseballBus.com has organized a welcome reception for all UConn Husky fans on Friday 9/14 at 6pm.
Our group of 50+ is staying in downtown Baltimore that evening before heading to College Park on Saturday morning. So, If you #BleedBlue and are also staying downtown Friday night, live in the area, or are driving through at that time on your way to college park stop in to Pickles Pub!

Here are the details:
Husky Fans will have their own room for cocktails and food upstairs at Pickles Pub.
From 6pm to 7pm- $1 drafts.
From 6pm to 8pm the following menu specials will be available for our group:
2 for 1 pitchers
$1.75 domestic drafts
$2.25 import and craft drafts
$2.50 domestic bottles
$3 rail drinks
$6 16 inch pizzas
$4 Nachos
$5 Wings
Pickles Pub - 520 Washington Blvd. - Baltimore, MD
If you plan to join our group please e-mail me at Info@theBaseballBus.com so I can give an accurate count to the manager.

My flight doesnt land until 8PM. How long do you think you guys will be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom