UConn @ MD Trip (Ryan Phalen, Baseball Bus, Travel, Hotels, Tailgate etc...) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ MD Trip (Ryan Phalen, Baseball Bus, Travel, Hotels, Tailgate etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i guess their new coaching hire didn't rejuvenate the fan base like they thought it would. you gotta love that you get your ticket for free if you get 3 friends to buy one. if we ever have to resort to these types of gimmicks for ticket sales it'll be a very sad day. in the meantime it's great that Husky fans can go to the game on the cheap.

Reaction Score
Johnbuoy, that may be the single greatest post in boneyard history. . . .at least mine! scarfed up 8 today. I've sat up there, not bad seats. If things work out the way we all would like them to there could be plenty of room to move around later.
There are bargains to be had on stubhub, although factoring in fees living social deal slightly better now. But stubhub prices could be sinking like a stone after Game 2
http://www.stubhub.com/maryland-football-tickets/maryland-vs-connecticut-9-15-2012-4043330/

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Anybody staying at the confort inn? just made my reservation today and will be buying tickets to the game tomorrow!! Cant Wait!!

Reaction Score
Anybody staying at the confort inn? just made my reservation today and will be buying tickets to the game tomorrow!! Cant Wait!!

My 3 friends and I are staying at the Confort Inn. Looks like a great location and the price was right.

Reaction Score
are most folks going through UConn for tickets? Im sure I will too...wanting to sit with our fans and support the "travel well" theme. SO many good tickets for the cheap on stubhub

Reaction Score
are most folks going through UConn for tickets? Im sure I will too...wanting to sit with our fans and support the "travel well" theme. SO many good tickets for the cheap on stubhub

Yea, I bought from the University. It's more money but I gotta sit with UConn fans. The experience is so much better then being "that guy" in the middle of Maryland fans.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Yea, I bought from the University. It's more money but I gotta sit with UConn fans. The experience is so much better then being "that guy" in the middle of Maryland fans.
look at the guys running the buses as well, they have group sales seats that will be with UConn fans, and cheap too.

Reaction Score
Just purchased 4 tickets last night. Stubhub sec 4, visitor side 30 yardline. $50.00 each. Be careful tickets in rows a - k insections 4, 5, and 6 have obstructed views. Did some research on this and basiclly the seats are very low and the players block the field. These lower level tickets are from $11.00 to $20.00. However, from the sound of things it looks like there will be empty seats in the stadium. If your money situation is tight I would be willing to bet you could move to better seats or even move to sits in the UCONN fan visitor seats. The Visitor seats are on the visitor team side in the endzone very similiar to UCONN's set up and then go up into the upper tiers. The UCONN tickets I think cost $58.00 each, which honestly is a ripoff for endzone seats.

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Based on the UM stadium seating chart the UCONN seats are in section 2. I also prefer to sit with UCONN fans. It does make for a nice atmosphere. I have done this in Charlotte, Michigan, Toronto and many other games. But my thought for this game is Maryland doesn't sellout and moving over to the visitor section will not be a problem from what I have been told. Anyways, anyone who wants better seats we will start the game 2 sections over in section 4. I have a feeling there will be many UCONN fans around us at this game.

Love to see 3000 fans turnout or is that crazy?

Reaction Score
Spoke to the people in our party ( about 20 from Bristol). We are planning to go to Ledo's restaurant Thursday night for RE radio show. I believe it is from 7 -8 pm. Not looking to cause any trouble, but it would be great if it was full of UConn fans. Anyone down there that night make plans to join us. Heading to Looney's right after to watch Packers / Bears game. reply to this post if you think you will be there. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
i really wish i could make it to that. the next best thing will be hearing UConn chants in the back ground of RE's radio show. how can i listen to that, does anyone know the station?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wear blue everyone and scream loud!!!!!

Reaction Score
980AM in Washington and it's on a bunch of other stations, too, I think. Check UM radio network.

Reaction Score
wear blue everyone and scream loud!!!!!
Thanks for pinning the post. Can't wait to see RE's face when the place is full of UConn fans. Unfortunately if he or people at Maryland get wind of this they will either move the time, or not let us in. That's my prediction, hope I'm wrong. Still going to be there with the Bristol contingent. Hope we take over the joint.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Thanks for pinning the post. Can't wait to see RE's face when the place is full of UConn fans. Unfortunately if he or people at Maryland get wind of this they will either move the time, or not let us in. That's my prediction, hope I'm wrong. Still going to be there with the Bristol contingent. Hope we take over the joint.

should the board code word maryland to something? this could get fun.

Reaction Score
should the board code word maryland to something? this could get fun.
Maybe I am being paranoid, but I can see RE not wanting the place crawling with UConn fans and taking steps to stop it . If you think we should code the word Maryland go right ahead. I just am looking so forward to being there as we take over the place. This could be big. The look on RE's face will be priceless.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Maybe I am being paranoid, but I can see RE not wanting the place crawling with UConn fans and taking steps to stop it . If you think we should code the word Maryland go right ahead. I just am looking so forward to being there as we take over the place. This could be big. The look on RE's face will be priceless.

maryland = crab cakes?

some 1 have a better 1?

Reaction Score
just don't give them a reason to kick you out before things start. just being there quietly and with class will do more to piss him off than drunk rabble rousing. if he does this from a bar every week, i would imagine opposing ACC fans would do this often so they have have some contingencies set up if things get rowdy. in reality i guess he might get more hate from UMD fans than anybody

maybe a late show chanting of "dream job" would be appropriate

Reaction Score
Brilliant idea. Let our coaches and players go out of their way to avoid giving other teams bulletin board material, and then let's send fans in to provide an opponent with added incentive on the eve of a game.

This is hardly a brilliant or original idea, but the time to belittle or interfere with an opponent, any opponent, is after you beat them. Not before.

Reaction Score
I won't be in Maryland until Friday. I hope that all those that represent UConn in Maryland, do so with class. There will be nothing more impressive than a huge wave of fans coming into that community, giving them a great bit of business around a football game, and then politely saying thanks - as we leave by Sunday after having handing them their asses on the football field.

I would hope that anyone that actually attends an event like this would simply say to everyone: "Edsall did a great job at UConn, we're happy we had him, and wish he had left differently."

Let me tell you, with everything they're goign through down there? That kind of thing, politely in their faces, congratulating them on Edsall,a nd a great hire, would be a hell of a lot more antagonizing, than a bunch of idiocy and beer muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom