UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1)

Reaction Score
There are a whole bunch of behind the scenes parameters that affect a coach's success or failure at a given school. And virtually none of those are known to participants of discussion boards. Full stop.

Reaction Score
Practical matter, has anybody looked into how to get to the stadium? I have a little bit and I have a general idea where it is but I'm planning on ubering from where I live. I haven't been since Randy's first game at UMD. I've been on campus for an event or two by the xfinity lots.

If not, not the end of the world.
There is construction on campus as they are adding the Purple line. If Ubering, my suggestion is getting dropped off on Rt1 at The Hotel. Take the 10-15 minute walk through campus. Otherwise, it may be a mess.

Reaction Score
Happy that game is on FS1 down here in NC. My spectrum account does not get B1G network. So UNC is a no brainer for the B1G for the future.

Side note was pleasantly surprised that my spectrum package gets NESN so I can watch my beloved Redsox.

Reaction Score

-> “I see positive things for this program on the horizon,” Mora said. “If we go out this year and show continued improvement, be competitive and have a record that gets us into a good bowl, I know that people will show up.”

That’s a pretty good, short to-do list for UConn. Be better than last year (not hard), manage six or seven wins against a manageable slate of opponents, give people a reason to pay attention. It’s not a huge ask. This is, in fact, my annual back-to-school reminder that for UConn football, the task at hand is to be easy to root for and fun to watch, give the state a handful of interesting weekends at Rentschler Field. <-

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If there is a week we need to do well, this is it. If we can pull a miracle and beat Maryland, it will go a long way toward our B12 membership.

If there is a week, we need to do well, it's every week. That's really what it will take to start changing perceptions. Doesn't mean we have to win every game, but it does mean we need to be competitive every game.

Reaction Score
Every year there is some level of optimism. Last year, having NC State to start was great. Team had a legit chance but came up just a little short.
This year I think I’m more optimistic because of the talent level brought in. Legit QB that is looking to prove himself. Upgrades in receiving corps will help too.
Two new coordinators will hopefully bring a fresh new attack plan.
My only concern is having so many new pieces, can they gel?
Tough game, on the road, and there’s always the pressure of every game meaning we should or shouldn’t have a football program.
Hoping for a win. If that doesn’t happen, being competitive, and keeping it close would take the sting off a loss.
Really want to see Mora and this team have some success.
Let’s go!

Reaction Score
Maryland projected starters from capitalgazette.com. Said the OL line with a bunch of new starters is the biggest ? ...D front 6 has 5 returning starters. DB leader Trader Jr. said " we’ve just got more veteran players on the defensive side....But I would just say that we’ve been trying to focus on us because there’s a lot of pressure already on the offense as it is now."
1725103053259.jpeg

Reaction Score

Media Coverage
Television: FS1 - (pxp) Connor Onion, (analyst) Mark Helfrich

Radio: UConn Sports Network from Learfield - (pxp) Mike Crispino, (color) Wayne Norman, (sideline) Adam Giardino

Flagship Station - Fox Sports 97-9 FM (Hartford) - Affiliates - WAVZ 1300 AM (New Haven), WGCH 1490 AM (Greenwich), WILI 1400 AM/95.3FM (Willimantic); WICH 1310 AM/94.5 FM (Norwich)

Online: The Varsity Network App

Live Stats: UMTerps.com

UConn Game Notes

Maryland Game Notes

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see what our team speed looks like this year. Maryland should be a good measuring stick on both sides of the ball. That experienced D is going to be a challenge but if we don't hurt ourselves we may have some guys that can make plays on offense provided they don't get manhandled up front. Expecting a noticeable step up on D. We have more talent and experience this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom