UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If there is a week we need to do well, this is it. If we can pull a miracle and beat Maryland, it will go a long way toward our B12 membership.
I remember when we talked about the game against Louisville being the play in game for the ACC. I'm not sure that winning changes anything, but I am confident that losing would be used as a justification by those people who oppose are moving to the big 12.

Reaction Score
If there is a week we need to do well, this is it. If we can pull a miracle and beat Maryland, it will go a long way toward our B12 membership.
Maybe a 9-3 year or something and multiple years of success could mean something, but a win over a low end Big Ten team wouldn’t be it

Reaction Score
Maybe a 9-3 year or something and multiple years of success could mean something, but a win over a low end Big Ten team wouldn’t be it
Maybe not, but it can't hurt. Maryland was 8-5 last year, so they are not exactly low-end either. It is still Ohio ST and Michigan conference until another program like Oregon can take it from them.

Reaction Score
A win over a B1G team does not have to be against OSU.

”great moments are born from great opportunity”

this is an opportunity to make a mini statement and shut some people up for at least a week. And I would say that should we somehow steal this one, it will lead to a solid year.

CL82

Reaction Score
A win over a B1G team does not have to be against OSU.

”great moments are born from great opportunity”

this is an opportunity to make a mini statement and shut some people up for at least a week. And I would say that should we somehow steal this one, it will lead to a solid year.
Agree with all of that. Of course, if we were to win, the narrative wouldn't be about how we are showing that we're P4 ready, the narrative would be that Maryland stinks this year.

Reaction Score
3 straight bowl wins, victories over VT, WVU, UVA, NCS and Auburn out of conference and currently the #23 ranked recruit class. Also, led OSU in the 2nd half and had Michigan on the ropes. We are not top tier in Big but certainly in the top 40-45% of BIG. I think what will be most notable will be our size and depth of the trenches. Locks spent 5 years building.

Reaction Score

-> Wes Hoeh, a junior transfer from Syracuse, will start at center with redshirt freshman Ben Murawski – from Oakdale and St. Thomas More – beside him at left guard and Christopher Fortin, a senior who has seen plenty with the Huskies, at right guard.

“I’m happy with the depth of our offensive line,” Mora said. “That doesn’t mean we have more talent – well, we do have more talent – but it doesn’t mean we have better talent, we just have more depth. It’s hard to replace a Christian Haynes, he (could be) starting for the Seahawks at guard. It’s hard to replace that. But we’ve had guys who’ve stepped up and done a good job.” <-

-> Kyle Juergens, a Boise State transfer, and Brady Wayburn, a Windsor native, were some of the players who stepped up and are listed as backups at the guard spots. Danny Antolovich, a redshirt junior from Switzerland, was listed as the backup at both tackle positions.

“It’s great to have that competition because a lot of people got to compete, a lot of people got to go against the first defense. So a lot of people got to improve, work on their craft,” Senn said. “It really built a depth that we maybe didn’t have the past couple of years.” <-

Reaction Score
3 straight bowl wins, victories over VT, WVU, UVA, NCS and Auburn out of conference and currently the #23 ranked recruit class. Also, led OSU in the 2nd half and had Michigan on the ropes. We are not top tier in Big but certainly in the top 40-45% of BIG. I think what will be most notable will be our size and depth of the trenches. Locks spent 5 years building.
Maryland is a tough first game. Look at last years schedule and results. They played tough against OSU Michigan Illinois and others. Maryland is a really good program, that staff has built it and I would think they capable replacement players. We will have our hands full but I will be a UConn fan and hope for the best. Keep it close and we'll see how it goes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Agree with all of that. Of course, if we were to win, the narrative wouldn't be about how we are showing that we're P4 ready, the narrative would be that Maryland stinks this year.
True, but that would only last until Maryland wins the B1G championship game with their only loss prior to the BCS playoffs being the opening game against us

CL82

Reaction Score
True, but that would only last until Maryland wins the B1G championship game with their only loss prior to the BCS playoffs being the opening game against us
Then they just would refer to it as the "inexplicable Connecticut loss."

Reaction Score
What big time collage football program hires a coach that is coming from a 8 win 5 loss season ? The way that went was classless that coach lost direction after that and University of Maryland is not the dream job = 2 Arizona State not even University of Arizona . Go UCONN make it real.

Reaction Score
Weather looks good for our ground game. Let’s not take so many snaps from the shotgun.

Success is FS1 or whatever doesn’t switch to another game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom