UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Maryland Terrapins (Saturday 8/31/24 @ Noon on FS1)

Reaction Score
What big time collage football program hires a coach that is coming from a 8 win 5 loss season ? The way that went was classless that coach lost direction after that and University of Maryland is not the dream job = 2 Arizona State not even University of Arizona . Go UCONN make it real.
I 100% agree. I really wish we never met coach Edsall. Our admin that made those changes are no longer with Maryland, go figure. I live in Phoenix so your comments resonate. It’s taken us many years to recover from Edsall. Many older fans still can’t grasp the fact we fired Fridge for Edsall. Throw on top we had the JM tragedy, I’m surprised we did not fold our program. It’s taken the AD and Locks many years to overcome.

Reaction Score
I 100% agree. I really wish we never met coach Edsall. Our admin that made those changes are no longer with Maryland, go figure. I live in Phoenix so your comments resonate. It’s taken us many years to recover from Edsall. Many older fans still can’t grasp the fact we fired Fridge for Edsall. Throw on top we had the JM tragedy, I’m surprised we did not fold our program. It’s taken the AD and Locks many years to overcome.
I have and still have a different view... Randy 2.0 at UConn, the game and the culture had passed him, but I still think Randy was a great talent evaluator and would get you the players if you had patience. You didn't have patience.

Reaction Score
I have and still have a different view... Randy 2.0 at UConn, the game and the culture had passed him, but I still think Randy was a great talent evaluator and would get you the players if you had patience. You didn't have patience.
Patman
What a day, we’re on same page again!

Randy felt the results now pressure after he cleaned house. Takes you 3-4 years to build from that.

Reaction Score
Patman
What a day, we’re on same page again!

Randy felt the results now pressure after he cleaned house. Takes you 3-4 years to build from that.
I agree and he was brought in to clean house. And actually I think he was on the way to getting them back. He was 7-6 the last year in the ACC then 7-6 in the B10 in year 1 which if you are being honest was a pretty big jump. The Big just had more talent than most of the ACC. It was sort of a case of moving the goalposts.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I believe this will be our first football game against a conference foe of UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington!

Reaction Score
Edsall was not the right choice for a program that wanted a new coach to win on day one with someone else's players, while cleaning up a program that had gotten out of hand. Edsall was (and probably still is) a "we're going to tear everything down and do it my way" guy. He had the freedom to do that the first time at UConn. He didn't at Maryland. Add that to the numerous QB injuries and it was never going to work.

Reaction Score
Edsall was not the right choice for a program that wanted a new coach to win on day one with someone else's players, while cleaning up a program that had gotten out of hand. Edsall was (and probably still is) a "we're going to tear everything down and do it my way" guy. He had the freedom to do that the first time at UConn. He didn't at Maryland. Add that to the numerous QB injuries and it was never going to work.
Don't get me wrong, Randy has his negatives. I have never known football enough but I absolutely believe he's not a great X's and O's guy. His man motivation was more or less a 1-way street in a lot of ways as far as we could tell.

Randy leaving, I understand his ambitions and I understand his frustrations, was his biggest mistake. He stays at UConn and he can always dictate terms. You can't do that elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Practical matter, has anybody looked into how to get to the stadium? I have a little bit and I have a general idea where it is but I'm planning on ubering from where I live. I haven't been since Randy's first game at UMD. I've been on campus for an event or two by the xfinity lots.

If not, not the end of the world.

Reaction Score
Practical matter, has anybody looked into how to get to the stadium? I have a little bit and I have a general idea where it is but I'm planning on ubering from where I live. I haven't been since Randy's first game at UMD. I've been on campus for an event or two by the xfinity lots.

If not, not the end of the world.
It is in Maryland.

Reaction Score
golly gee, maybe somebody here has done the research and knows more than me. Maybe I live 10 miles away.
I thought I heard parking is a pain right now because there's construction or something going on. Uber may be the play if that's the case, I've never ubered out of a sporting event before though... gotta figure that's a pain in the hoop. Maybe you can get a spot in the UConn tailgating section still and walk over?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
looks like weather has turned in our favor, should be a great late summer day. Can’t wait to get to college park.

IMG_6798.jpeg

Reaction Score
Um the guy announced he was retiring in his 2nd year at the beginning of the season. He dumped us ! They had to fire him he became a lame duck coach

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Um the guy announced he was retiring in his 2nd year at the beginning of the season. He dumped us ! They had to fire him he became a lame duck coach
He gave up…which felt out of character. But the game passed him by…so he just cashed in and headed for the golf course. This doesn’t seem to line up with his tough PA background and his first go round as a coach. But he is human…and he just got beat down by the process…the school…the kids…he just couldn’t do it anymore.

It stinks because I really believed in him the first go round….but how he left basically negates all of his accomplishments. He has to live with that.

Reaction Score
Decided to park. We will see what time I get there. Maybe raid a tailgate with my beerpile

Reaction Score
Maryland is a tough first game. Look at last years schedule and results. They played tough against OSU Michigan Illinois and others. Maryland is a really good program, that staff has built it and I would think they capable replacement players. We will have our hands full but I will be a UConn fan and hope for the best. Keep it close and we'll see how it goes.
WIN no moral victories.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

They certainly aren't threatened in the least. I would love to read a follow-up article if we see a big change in offensive production and pull off an unlikely upset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom