UConn-Maryland game preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
return_doggydaddy.jpg

Reaction Score
Nice job, DD...I expect this to be a great game and good preparation for the physicality of ND down the line...

Reaction Score
Thank you, DD- I feel so much better after your astute analysis!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Maryland's strength matches up with UConn's strength: The Front Court Players. Maryland doesn't have the guards that can take advantage of UConn's guards, so DD is correct when he writes, should be a double digit win by UConn. Good Analysis by DD

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
All eyes will be on Stewie in this one...does she or doesn't she?

Reaction Score
Absolutely first-rate alliteration regarding Tuck. Not to be missed!:)

Reaction Score
DD - pursuit to the positive payoff of the posterior position, I'm prompted to postulate that your predictions present as practically perfect. Plentiful praise professed.

Reaction Score
doggydaddy - Best basketball analyst anywhere. Thanks for the hard work and skill.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great job Doggy. Im picking UConn by 20+ in both games. This team is peaking and more importantly the underclassman look comfortable and confident. We look to be over the injuries and flu and almost 100% healthly. Its coming together at the right time. A little later in the season then we thought but still the right time. UConn has the defense and a better defense then any of the team left except for maybe Baylor. UConn has depth in the middle and a couple of go to players.

This weekend will be exciting at Harbor Yard. More exciting for me is to see what Geno has done with UConns defense that imo opinion will drop a blanket on MDs offense. I expect nothing more then a suffacating defense.

Breanna has arrived. Her game in the BE finals againest ND was her breakout game and a confidence builder. Her game againest Vandy showed me it wasnt a one nite wonder. She can be the difference.

Bria is a big game player. When the pressure is on she comes through. This weekend will be her test and I am confident she will have a great weekend. IMO Bria and Breanna are the means to the end for a National Championship.

Still its goning to come down to defense, and our bench is deep with talent. MDs is very short with players playing out of position at times because of the lack of a bench.

I dont see MD having a chance in this game. UConn 84 MD 56.

Reaction Score
Great job Doggy. Im picking UConn by 20+ in both games. This team is peaking and more importantly the underclassman look comfortable and confident. We look to be over the injuries and flu and almost 100% healthly. Its coming together at the right time. A little later in the season then we thought but still the right time. UConn has the defense and a better defense then any of the team left except for maybe Baylor. UConn has depth in the middle and a couple of go to players.

This weekend will be exciting at Harbor Yard. More exciting for me is to see what Geno has done with UConns defense that imo opinion will drop a blanket on MDs offense. I expect nothing more then a suffacating defense.

Breanna has arrived. Her game in the BE finals againest ND was her breakout game and a confidence builder. Her game againest Vandy showed me it wasnt a one nite wonder. She can be the difference.

Bria is a big game player. When the pressure is on she comes through. This weekend will be her test and I am confident she will have a great weekend. IMO Bria and Breanna are the means to the end for a National Championship.

Still its goning to come down to defense, and our bench is deep with talent. MDs is very short with players playing out of position at times because of the lack of a bench.

I dont see MD having a chance in this game. UConn 84 MD 56.
I keep hearing Bria is a big game player and yet as many times as I've I heard it leading into a game this year, the results have not been there. In her first two years she did seem to have the tendency to come up big in more important games but that characteristic hasn't really surfaced at all this year, to my recollection. I am quite pleased that the freshmen have picked the last couple of weeks to really start asserting themselves more. It's a long time coming as has been mentioned but better late than never. I personally think UConn's defense will crush Maryland and it won't be much of a contest but I do remember that the ref's allowed Maryland and to a lesser degree UConn to get overtly physical and that really isn't the way any game, much less an NCAA tournament game should be officiated. I hope they make it known early that they won't allow that type play this time around. A little contact is fine but it was too extreme previously.

Reaction Score
Thanks DD.

This is a recent starting 5, not seen much, if at all, during the season:
UCONN
Probable Starters
G – Doty 5’10” SR (3.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.4 apg)
G – Faris 5’11” SR (10.1 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 4.0 apg)
F – KML 6’ SO (17.7 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.4 apg)
F – Stewart 6’4″ FR ( 12.7 ppg, 6.3 rpg, .9 apg)
C – Dolson 6’5” (14.2 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.1 apg)

And, with Hartley at 6, it means a once and perhaps future AA is first off the bench.

You know what, I'm here predicting a 20+ point differential, in favor of UCONN. Things seem to be coming together at the right time.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This is an incredible opportunity for Stewart to prove herself and develop additional confidence. Her struggles have come against big, physical players so if she can handle the physical play of MD she will prove to be big trouble for the next THREE opponents.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I love how Dolson looks like she is always having fun. She must be the team favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom