Uconn is too quick | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn is too quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It seems as if a lot of people here seem to be looking past the Texas game and almost taking it for granted. I hope we can count on the players and coaches not to be doing that.

I actually think that because of the size issues, Texas is more likely to be a major threat to UConn than Notre Dame is. I tend to think UConn will beat ND by 10 to 12 points, but the Texas game could either be a blowout in UConn's favor, or it could be a single-digit game and possibly a loss if the Longhorns have figured out how to use their size against UConn's speed.

Regarding who guards whom in the ND game, there will be so much switching going on that it almost doesn't matter. Also, I think Geno will change up the initial matchups during the course of the game, so that no one defender gets worn out dealing with Ogunbuwale or Mabrey for the whole game. I think that Molly as well as Crystal will get significant minutes against ND, since they can provide the speed off the bench that will be required to deal with the Irish backcourt. I think Turner will be easier to contain in the paint than Baylor's or Texas's big players (although the rest of the ND lineup is better than the rest of those teams' lineups). If UConn can guard Joyner Holmes successfully, it can guard Turner.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Since Ogunbowole is the best scorer between the two, I would put Kia on her, and Saniya /crystal on Allen.
I know Kia can keep Ogunbowale in front of her, Chong and Dangerfield should be able to contain Allen. Ogunbowale is the biggest threat on the team. Shut her down, and make everyone else beat you.

Spot on, good fellow with throw pillow wrapped around his head!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
i can't believe that 6', 3" KLS is a good matchup for diminutive Arike...almost anyone but...
And don't underestimate Westbeld, she's learned her role; is quite reliable.

And I agree with Joe. Look past Texas at our peril.

Reaction Score
i can't believe that 6', 3" KLS is a good matchup for diminutive Arike...almost anyone but...
And don't underestimate Westbeld, she's learned her role; is quite reliable.
And I agree with Joe. Look past Texas at our peril.
I have to smile at this: much as we'd like to think that we actually contribute to UConn's success, it's not as if we will affect the outcome of the TX game by talking about ND! (Sorry to break it to you, Virginia!)

Reaction Score
I have to smile at this: much as we'd like to think that we actually contribute to UConn's success, it's not as if we will affect the outcome of the TX game by talking about ND! (Sorry to break it to you, Virginia!)

It's just bad mojo.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Whether TX or ND, my hope is that Danger is fully recovered and comfortable on the court. If Danger plays like she did vs Baylor & Dayton, the Huskies will be just fine.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Short and sweet. Its gonna come down to defense and rebounding. Both will help us get the fast break going and keep our opponents from getting second and third chances.

Reaction Score
You do realize that Texas and ND are 2 of the most athletic teams in the country right?
I didn't know that there was a ranking system for athletic.

Reaction Score
It seems as if a lot of people here seem to be looking past the Texas game and almost taking it for granted. I hope we can count on the players and coaches not to be doing that.

I actually think that because of the size issues, Texas is more likely to be a major threat to UConn than Notre Dame is. I tend to think UConn will beat ND by 10 to 12 points, but the Texas game could either be a blowout in UConn's favor, or it could be a single-digit game and possibly a loss if the Longhorns have figured out how to use their size against UConn's speed.

Regarding who guards whom in the ND game, there will be so much switching going on that it almost doesn't matter. Also, I think Geno will change up the initial matchups during the course of the game, so that no one defender gets worn out dealing with Ogunbuwale or Mabrey for the whole game. I think that Molly as well as Crystal will get significant minutes against ND, since they can provide the speed off the bench that will be required to deal with the Irish backcourt. I think Turner will be easier to contain in the paint than Baylor's or Texas's big players (although the rest of the ND lineup is better than the rest of those teams' lineups). If UConn can guard Joyner Holmes successfully, it can guard Turner.

I'm not looking past either. We could lose both games. I just think ND is better than Texas and UCONN is playing at home. And I don't think Turner will be "easier to contain" because I believe ND has better guards. College basketball is more of a guards game.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Actualy, it's a "curtain". :)

Well, my first guess was "pillow case," but it's thicker than that. Not your head, but the headdress.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Typical troll post from posters like you. You feel a right to argue other people's points but when it comes back, you get grossly defensive. Relax pal. So we disagreed and I don't agree with how you look at this one issue. Big deal.

Whoa you really are sensitive. And yes I disagreed but I laughed at the term arguing as the only point I disagreed with was re Westbeld. The rest of my post wasn't in reference to you. BTW I have been around this board longer than you so you can call me names but sticks and stones buddy.

Reaction Score
Whoa you really are sensitive. And yes I disagreed but I laughed at the term arguing as the only point I disagreed with was re Westbeld. The rest of my post wasn't in reference to you. BTW I have been around this board longer than you so you can call me names but sticks and stones buddy.

I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post sounded like you were ripping me for disagreeing with you.

I still read the post and it still sounds like you are ripping me. And I was wondering why.

Anyways--- sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom